The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anybody watched When They See Us on Netflix?

******* messed up.
Nah it’s on the list with everything else. Been trying to watch deadwood but now season 2 of Dark is out and that first season was incredible.
This is outstanding news, I applaud their stance.

What an entitled campaigner he is.
Thank god common sense prevailed

Yeah. It is shocking what they went through.

Oprah interviews them, along with the actors; it's also on Netflix

Heavy watching though FYI.
I watched some of the original coerced interviews with the kids on YouTube. Uncomfortable viewing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alexa isn't a phone though is it? It's like the Google home and **** which is just dumb.
I will not hear a bad word spoken about Alexa. She is now a wonderful part of my family and loved as much as my own kids.

GoFundMe rekt, nice to see. I just donated to Izzy. Those xenophobes RA and GoFundMe should be ashamed of themselves.
The censorship by the big tech companies of conservative thought is probably criminal. Can’t believe the Trump admin isn’t already on to it.

Fwoy

The censorship by the big tech companies of conservative thought is probably criminal. Can’t believe the Trump admin isn’t already on to it.

Fwoy

Yep. It's like this ******* site. I want to call you a campaigner but it makes me call you a campaigner! Bloody censorship.

I know conservatives who would be angered if they heard someone say that Folau's views came under "conservative thought".
Most conservatives wouldn’t agree with his opinion, but most would advocate he has every right to be able to express them. That’s the real issue.

Most conservatives wouldn’t agree with his opinion, but most would advocate he has every right to be able to express them. That’s the real issue.
Sure, he has the right to express them. And he, like everyone else, should understand that there are consequences for his actions.

Are we talking about Gofundme now or his Rugby contract?

He expressed the views before and was warned that he had a deal that prohibited comments of that sort on social media, and then made the same comments again.

Gofundme has specific clauses against appeals relating to legal fees in cases of bigotry. Whether that's a conservative being homophobic, or a leftie spewing hate speech about Trump.

Sure, he has the right to express them. And he, like everyone else, should understand that there are consequences for his actions.

Yeah this notion that freedom of speech means a freedom from consequence is a weird disconnect the right seems to struggle with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back