AFL Rd 15 - Other Games Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a genuine hatred of the Cats but it's clearly theirs to lose. They'd need to have injuries or just a bad night (Richmond, prelim 2018) to lose it IMO. They have an uncanny knack of piling on 5 goals in 7 minutes. Ablett and pick 24 (Tim Kelly) for pick 21and another pick I forget is looking like one of the modern great trades.

Like what the Dogs are putting together. They've got a lot of good young players and if they can turn Schache into a decent forward and find a bit more defensive depth, they'll be a dangerous side next year.
I agree that they've got some fantastic young players ... but the conditions of that game played right into their hands. Their key defensive stocks are a complete liability, and the wet weather removed the danger of Port's tall forwards for them.

I don't know the context but that game was our home final.
They were talking about the cats and home finals etc . If that had been the cats home final (thankfully it was ours) would the league have played it there and missed out on a 80,000 crowd (potentially) . It was more about the commentators being idiots .

I agree that they've got some fantastic young players ... but the conditions of that game played right into their hands. Their key defensive stocks are a complete liability, and the wet weather removed the danger of Port's tall forwards for them.

Could say the same about Port, to be fair. Easton Wood would be the best defender out there on either team, and the key defensive stocks on both sides are pretty weak. Clurey is decent enough and probably the most accomplished out there? Schache kicked 3, Dixon 2 and Naughton 0. Actually reckon the wet weather should have played more into Port's hands given they had Wines, Ebert, Boak, etc inside.

I have a genuine hatred of the Cats but it's clearly theirs to lose. They'd need to have injuries or just a bad night (Richmond, prelim 2018) to lose it IMO. They have an uncanny knack of piling on 5 goals in 7 minutes. Ablett and pick 24 (Tim Kelly) for pick 21and another pick I forget is looking like one of the modern great trades.
Richmond didn't have a bad night, Collingwood comfortably has their measure head to head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back