Our next coach

Who should be our next coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed moved off Fyfe, SSOS moved onto Fyfe won the game. Teagy knows how to coach, has many a plan and implements plans quickly. He backs his own and his teams judgement.

We should have another 4 wins from here against Melbourne, GC, Stkilda and an upset against either Sydney, Adelaide or West Coast.

I agree and would add we can beat Tigers also. Not to say we will, but they will have to play their best footy.
Only game I have a big red line through is Cats down there.

What if Cats are two games clear in top place and have some injury concerns and feel just a week off with the bye isn’t enough?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If they leave out their best 5 players.. Hard to beat them down there but let’s hope they do and we get a lucky one. Would love to hear the cows supporters eat a bit of humble pie if the pick swap is only the difference between pick 6 and 10.

I am definitely not sold on Teague. He's only just started the Lvl4 course and is still firmly "winging it". The honeymoon period will pass, just like it did when Barker was caretaker couch.

We need to bring an experienced operator in.

I find it so funny that going back 10-20 pages everyone was raging that Lyon or Clarkson was apparently offered a Godfather offer (according to the media), and that "due process" didn't occur, yet they're happy to hand the keys to the kingdom to Teague off 2 wins and no due process.
I honestly think due process is pretty overrated in the search for a coach. It is very hard to gauge from an interview or even previous record as to whether a senior coach is going to work out. For every due process that spits out a Clarkson you get plenty of Mark Neelds.

Obviously we need to keep watching for the rest of the year but if the team keeps responding to Teague’s message I think they should give him a go.

Previously when asked whether he would like a head coaching position from next year onwards he was quick to imply that he wasn't ready

However after the game yesterday he didn't make any mention of it, rather said "he was having a ball"

Maybe he's starting to feel different?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should the CFC win a few more games and The Hawks have a bad run this years end, it may just make decisions easier to attain the coach we want.

Not even so much for Clarkson wanting to leave but for The Hawks possibly thinking - 'Maybe it's time for a change'

If we win a few more and the Hawks hit the wall, I'm not so sure Clarkson deserves us.

Takes me a long time to forgive snipers.:mad:

I honestly think due process is pretty overrated in the search for a coach. It is very hard to gauge from an interview or even previous record as to whether a senior coach is going to work out. For every due process that spits out a Clarkson you get plenty of Mark Neelds.

Obviously we need to keep watching for the rest of the year but if the team keeps responding to Teague’s message I think they should give him a go.

So we should just give it to anyone without in depth thought?

Ok.

Neil Balme for what he did in the '73 GF. The guy was a thug and a dog on the field. Off the field great guy etc, but not for Carlton.
Gave us Heath Scotland without resorting hardball trading; Balme's been pretty good for us :)

Teague so far just rules out Ratten, Voss and any other first time coach or sacked coach making way back.

I’d love to get Jimmae’s thoughts, from memory he was pretty critical of Teague at NB when we were a good team and making finals so I couldn’t understand it at the time.

To me it’s out of Teague, Lyon, Scott

I’d love nothing more than Teague to be a success, not much had me turning around in the social club back in 03-05 but he certainly did. Got the most out of himself even though he was treacle slow

I think Ratten is a lock for the St Kilda job so we should rule him out.

Clarkson is a pipe dream and would be a miracle.

Roos has stated he doesn't want to coach full time again, Lyon is a w***er.

I think it is between Scott and Teague. If we win 3 more games this year, I think the job is Teague's.

What if Cats are two games clear in top place and have some injury concerns and feel just a week off with the bye isn’t enough?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I remember a certain Cats coach claiming
"we won't be in the finals, but we can influence them" before playing a strong Carlton team at Princess Park.

Those of you who were there will remember the game....

What a good way to derail their finals campaign

Should the CFC win a few more games and The Hawks have a bad run this years end, it may just make decisions easier to attain the coach we want.

Not even so much for Clarkson wanting to leave but for The Hawks possibly thinking - 'Maybe it's time for a change'

Clarkson has clearly stated he is not interested in rebuild coaching.
If the hawthorn board decide that some form of rebuild is necessary, Clarkson and the club might mutually agree that the time is right to separate.
Carlton from next season has its finger firmly on the GO button and with his long time lieutenant Russell already on board, Clarkson may just see a golden opportunity ...

I remember a certain Cats coach claiming
"we won't be in the finals, but we can influence them" before playing a strong Carlton team at Princess Park.

Those of you who were there will remember the game....

What a good way to derail their finals campaign

This game :rage:

Was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back