Autopsy Round 16, 2019: North Melbourne v St.Kilda *BILLINGS' 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

If Cho isn’t gone this week then I’m done.. I’m sick and tired of watching ordinary footy. I don’t even get any enjoyment out of watching us anymore. Even when we scrape over the line against teams like GC.
Going into every game knowing that we’ll lose unless by some miracle we actually pull it together and play out of our skins is depressing.

Sacking Richo may not be the answer (however I think it is) but at least it changes something up. The club has just gone completely stale. And no wonder when our coach seems to have the personality of a spoon.

So when we lose next week I believe that will make it mathematically impossible to make finals so he so 7 more sleeps til no more cho

On G3226 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we can still make it with 12 wins so he might need to lose against the Dogs the following week as well.

Billings had 35 touches at 80% plus efficiency and pretty well zero influence on the game. After first quarter I watched him closely...the vast majority of his possessions went sideways between 15 and 25 metres. The vast majority also came back over his head a few seconds later. Doesn't break lines, doesn't gain metres, doesn't open up the game with precise disposal.
Billings did have 2 goal assists as well. But overall I agree with you. He plays a sweeper role rather than a typical wingman that break lines; and use speed to deliver precise kicks to forwards.. Billings picks up cheap positions at half back, chips and kicks sideways majority of the game..

I had North as one of the poorer lists in the AFL at the start of 2018. Now they look about 4 - 5 years ahead of us.

I watched Billings closely today (as close as you can on TV). Had another 30+ game, probably at 80%+ efficiency, 90% of those possessions went sideways. Next to zero impact on the game.

My view now is we need to launch another 5 year plan and go into rebuild. Richo will be gone at the end of the year, we all know that, why not go now. Put Ratts in and look high and low for the best we can get before trade season starts.

The list - turn it over. Only untouchables in my view are Carlisle, Bruce, Membrey, Marshall, King. Everyone else should be in play.

Never to play for St Kilda again - these players are an embarrassment to the club and would not have gotten a game in the 80s - Long, Sinclair, Acres - goodbye, thanks for your service, sh#t as it was.

Hope we can get a top 3 pick this year and maybe we can turn it into Anderson or Rowell and kickstart the rebuild.

Agree, complete rebuild required. However, it must start with Finnis not at the club. He is an unmitigated disaster. Zero passion, Mr PC, NFI.

No more lawyers or AFL careerists please, let's find somebody who has actually run a business before.

I'm glad Bruce got on to a few goals. He might not be the greatest of footballers but he tries pretty hard. I'd say a King, Bruce and Membrey forward line would work, but I'd be tinkering with the small forwards as none of them are that dangerous on the scoreboard, apart from Lonie. I can see Carlisle leaving out at the end of the year.. Beat his opponent a few times then as soon as his teammate got the receiving kick from him they turned it over and North kicked it over his head, was comical. Billings, Clark, Steele and Marshall all serviceable.
The midfield is major problem and I'd trade two of Acres, Ross or Sinclair. They crack under pressure, and if we played finals I couldn't see them step up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good news is we are closer to securing a top three pick in the draft. Should come in the next week or two.

The bad news is #1 and #2 will be brilliant and then there’ll be daylight :rolleyes:
( not knowing anything at all about the players coming through, but....St.Kilda.)

The good news is we are closer to securing a top three pick in the draft. Should come in the next week or two.

Yeah, hopefully Richo's greatest legacy is giving us a high pick we actually get right on his way out.

We jumped you in the 1st quarter and that was basically the result.

The sainters definitely gave us a hard hit out from that point onward, as I expected.

Bad luck with young Battle going down, hope he returns soon.

If Cho isn’t gone this week then I’m done.. I’m sick and tired of watching ordinary footy. I don’t even get any enjoyment out of watching us anymore. Even when we scrape over the line against teams like GC.
Going into every game knowing that we’ll lose unless by some miracle we actually pull it together and play out of our skins is depressing.

Sacking Richo may not be the answer (however I think it is) but at least it changes something up. The club has just gone completely stale. And no wonder when our coach seems to have the personality of a spoon.
Be calm puppy_dog ;)
Next week will be a complete slaughter so they'll use him as insulation for that and then sack him. 1 more week..

To be honest the list is that flat now and out of form now I dont think it would matter who takes over from Richo for the remainder. It has been left far too long the damage is irrepairable this season.

The thing that has really stuck with me after last week, we looked fantastic for maybe 2 quarters against Richmond. Fast footy, tons of pressure.
After the game, Richo said that the gameplan was to play slow and control the footy. We looked like superstars when we played fast, but his gameplan was to play slow and control the game? It makes me wonder if Richo told the guys to stop playing the way they were and to stick to the gameplan. It was two different teams against Richmond. One was exciting and took the game on and the other was limp dicked and pathetic.

You can blame players all you want, but when Richo is running the show and wanted a slower gameplan (his words) and we look far worse playing slow - that is on Richo and no one else.

To be honest the list is that flat now and out of form now I dont think it would matter who takes over from Richo for the remainder. It has been left far too long the damage is irrepairable this season.

That’s what I thought about the Blues & Roos.

Carlton under Teague have won 3/5 with their two losses under a goal.

North under Shaw are 4/5.

Since replacing the coach they are different teams that has extended beyond the honeymoon period of a caretaker coach.

The players need a change. They’ve become complacent & stale under the same voice.

Don't worry bro we will just f*ck it up anyway by picking up some poorly skilled half back flanker
With Gonorrhea and allergies to grass!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back