Autopsy Round 16, 2019: North Melbourne v St.Kilda *BILLINGS' 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives:

Josh Bruce
We actually kicked more goals than behinds for once.
Billings and Spook both had exceptional games.
Hunter Clark continuing on from last week.
Newnes’ first half. Second not as noticeable but I thought he was one of our better players.
Steele’s tackling.

Negatives:

Terrible start interstate as per usual.
Seb Ross.
Parker has lost his flair and form, needs to re find it.
Long, McKenzie and Savage all need to be dropped.
Umpires, particularly Nick “shove it deep in your ass” Foote.
Battle’s injury.
Same old same old with no improvement and little to look forward to.

Sad thing is while Richo definitely has to go we’re kidding ourselves if we think that’s going to fix all of our problems. Our issue is midfield talent, we don’t have any.

Rebuild part 1 has obviously failed we can’t afford to stuff it up again. We’re going to have early picks for the next couple of years, for the love of god use them on MIDFIELDERS.

We have some very ordinary players and a lousy game plan, how many guys from opposition clubs have year if not career highs against us.

You have to love the genius of a plan that sees Steele start behind Cunnington and simply lay tackle after tackle, 18 disposals and 18 tackles. Cunnington still played well, why can’t we ever back ourselves in to just go head to head and come out on top.

We’re also a physically weak team, we have more than a few who like a bit of push and shove but won’t put their heads over the ball when it matters.

Bruce, Billings and Clark can fly..

The rest of them can get on the spirit of Tasmania. And if I here anyone at the club day "good fightback" I will spew up..

That 1st qtr was a disgrace and the rest of the game a nonsense

Make the campaigners swim back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross that was the worst performance from a captain I have seen , totally put to shame today

Last quarter his disposal was good, he either gets too much but he sprays or he does nothing but uses it well.

Positives:

Billings and Spook both had exceptional games.

Billings had 35 touches at 80% plus efficiency and pretty well zero influence on the game. After first quarter I watched him closely...the vast majority of his possessions went sideways between 15 and 25 metres. The vast majority also came back over his head a few seconds later. Doesn't break lines, doesn't gain metres, doesn't open up the game with precise disposal.

Dunstan, Steele and Billings kind of stood up, did their bit. Clark was good, tough to come back from that hit as well. Gresh just doesn't look like a mid most of the time, too concerned with playing for frees that he's more likely to get as a forward. Bruce looked great. Carlisle got a bit better as it went on but looks unfit. Marshal does need a 2nd ruck with him, someone more tap oriented. Acres looked frustrated and disinterested. Sinclair looked a bit lost. Paton out of sorts. Parker out of sorts. Long just a few steps behind his opponent. Looooooooong year ahead.

Billings had 35 touches at 80% plus efficiency and pretty well zero influence on the game. After first quarter I watched him closely...the vast majority of his possessions went sideways between 15 and 25 metres. The vast majority also came back over his head a few seconds later. Doesn't break lines, doesn't gain metres, doesn't open up the game with precise disposal.
Fact check:

Billings had 792 metres gained today.

Dunstan, Steele and Billings kind of stood up, did their bit. Clark was good, tough to come back from that hit as well. Gresh just doesn't look like a mid most of the time, too concerned with playing for frees that he's more likely to get as a forward. Bruce looked great. Carlisle got a bit better as it went on but looks unfit. Marshal does need a 2nd ruck with him, someone more tap oriented. Acres looked frustrated and disinterested. Sinclair looked a bit lost. Paton out of sorts. Parker out of sorts. Long just a few steps behind his opponent. Looooooooong year ahead.

Gresham is s**t his year, people keep talking him up but he's turned to poo in the midfield. He fumbles and turns over ball. He holds it too long and stops momentum.

Well today proved one thing , you don't trade Bruce and Billings is getting closer to elite - if only we had a winning midfield - that's our only problem.
The only mid I would keep would be Steele , he can be used to keep there best mid quiet - Dunstan and Ross just not good enough.
Replace with Coniglio and Langdon - and guess what Coniglio has done his leg today - unbelievable.

Bruce, Clark, Carlisle best on ground for us by a mile. Clark especially after that tough contest, he saw it coming and went hard anyway. Just a real shame no one could take anything out of it, not even have a go at Ziebell (even though I thought the hit was fair) but the way Clark came back on the field, he was our best easily from when he returned. I hope this is a defining game for him.

Anyway, same s**t different week. Long didn't do anything, Savage bombed it long out of defence to no advantage, Gresh didn't do much, DMac was invisible, Seb Ross (captain) was pathetic and didn't do any leading on field.

Carlisle is one of the few leaders who played today.

Umpires were shocking, especially that one with the s**t hair. He really crucified us and gifted North at least 3 goals. Very one sided.
It won't be popular, but I'm glad Carlisle got stuck into them.

Hopefully Richo can put his hand up and say he isn't up to it and walks. I don't expect him to, but I hope he does.
Give us something to look forward to.

Will be tough against the Cats next week. They won't want to lose two in a row and playing at Kardinia Park is going to be super tough.

Agree with all this.

Ziebell’s hit on Clarke was fair, and good for Clark for coming back and continuing to play very well, but there are some very dirty players in that team.

And some good actors because they certainly managed to fool the umpires on a few occasions, not that #2 needed much convincing at all.

Also glad Carlisle got stuck into them.

BT can get stuffed too. His calling is just horrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back