Autopsy Swans lose to Fremantle by 1 point - Round 18

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Jones stays after tonight.

he gets it so often is the issue, because he slows and goes backwards or wide , puts team mates under the pump
Not sure I agree with that last bit usually. We had a lot of people doing that today though, so he may of been one.
Usually he hits targets and yes, changes the tempo sometimes by playing it safe. He cops a bit too much for that IMO. Half the time he'd be kicking it forward to nobody as Horse's forward like are all scrambling back from the defensive 50. Other times he's probably reading we need a breather, or to take back a bit of control in the game. Sometimes, yes sure, he doesn't read it too. But it seems people assume the later cause for every example. I just don't think it's the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well when I started a thread on said spud a few years back pointing out how criminally overrated he was I was abused and ridiculed to the point that I thought I was Goodseys soul mate.

But hey, what the hell would I know. He is a Supercoach star after alll...

He has only been mediocre the last two seasons imo. 14-15 he was developing well and was our best user going inside 50, 16-17 he was moved to defence and was way better than what he is currently showing. The only reason I am pissed off with him at all is because he won a B&F for his chipping playstyle, which was a bad call, a reflection of the coaching staff and what they like to see, and encourages that playstyle even more.

Not sure I agree with that last bit usually. We had a lot of people doing that today though, so he may of been one.
Usually he hits targets and yes, changes the tempo sometimes by playing it safe. He cops a bit too much for that IMO. Half the time he'd be kicking it forward to nobody as Horse's forward like are all scrambling back from the defensive 50. Other times he's probably reading we need a breather, or to take back a bit of control in the game. Sometimes, yes sure, he doesn't read it too. But it seems people assume the later cause for every example. I just don't think it's the case.

i think lloyd is a good player, i just think his current role adds nothing, it doesnt always subtract from the team, it was poor tonight imo,

but he does play too safe, but he is left out the back in a role that has no real impact

opposition coaches don't care imo if lloyd has 50 touches, it has no impact on anything

he could move roles and have a greater impact

he won the best and fairst in this bs outside nothing role and got a 4 year deal, i just dont get it

I'd rather pay jones and others any day of the week in the current set up

where was he playing, young kids seem to be told to drift half back/wing , or out of the way?
And our senior guys often look straight past them when assessing options - which drives me nuts when they make the effort to get in position for easy over the top handballs and kicks.

i think lloyd is a good player, i just think his current role adds nothing, it doesnt always subtract from the team, it was poor tonight imo,

but he does play too safe, but he is left out the back in a role that has no real impact

opposition coaches don't care imo if lloyd has 50 touches, it has no impact on anything

he could move roles and have a greater impact

he won the best and fairst in this bs outside nothing role and got a 4 year deal, i just dont get it

I'd rather pay jones and others any day of the week in the current set up
I hope Jones stays, but he must be counting on (or already have) a good offer from down South. Lets hope he just wants us to match it.

Wear longer studs.

Great effort and lots of positive signs. Really enjoyed watching that game. Feel like a bigger ground suits our guys.

Onwards and upwards! Will be fun to see continued improvement in the younger player like COR, Blakey etc. Would love to see Mills playing in the mids.

And managed to lose the game by missing a shot from 20m out right in front...

Overrated
Fair enough if you want to pick one moment from the game that is the defining moment. Assume those other missed chances were just precursors and didn’t count. However I don’t think anyone has ever rated Lloyd as a great goal kicker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back