150 Year Anniversary Dinner

Remove this Banner Ad

If they have another one of these in years to come, will any of the current players sit in the top 10? Cunners, Higgo, BBB, Taz???

If they have another one of these in years to come, will any of the current players sit in the top 10? Cunners, Higgo, BBB, Taz???

Probably not, but it's too early to tell mate.

Tarryn Thomas has the potential.

The only reason I reckon Cable missed out was due to lack of games.

Carey: 244
Greig: 294
Dench: 275
Aylett: 220
Harvey: 432
Blight: 178
Schimmelbusch: 306
Foote: 134
Stevens: 292
Glendinning: 190

Barry Cable: 115

Last edited:
a bloke i know reckons jono brown was better than carey, not doubting brown was good but could you ever see brown kicking a goal like the last one in this highlight reel? he was the complete fwd, Betts like on the ground and defended space like GA senior and was like Roach in the air. clutch kicking like Plugger.

a bloke i know reckons jono brown was better than carey, not doubting brown was good but could you ever see brown kicking a goal like the last one in this highlight reel?

I am yet to hear in the past 20 years at any other club the equivalent line of ‘No Carey, No North’ including the Cats/Lions/Hawks Dynasties

He was clearly the most game winning individual of the past 40 years

A truly wonderful night in terms of the history of the club.

All the modern day players were there - sitting together on 4 tables in the middle of proceedings (without partners) - and all the legends were there amongst the tables.

Just so many great players just wondering around - happy to chat, photo's etc -Blight, Greig, Schimma, Carey, Dench, Glendinning - I mean it was just unbelievable really. You go for a piss and you have Majak and big Corza literally either side of you!

Speeches were great, food and booze plentiful - just fantastic all round.

A real sense of something building with Reece taking over - you could sense it everywhere through the night.

Gee Majak and Corza next to you in the mens. Hope you put them to shame mate ☺

#40 Cheeky's speech up anywhere guys ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am yet to hear in the past 20 years at any other club the equivalent line of ‘No Carey, No North’ including the Cats/Lions/Hawks Dynasties

He was clearly the most game winning individual of the past 40 years

You must have missed hearing “no Jordan Lewis, no Hawks.”

Les Foote only played 134.

You should check out the games tally's from that era.

There were only 31 players who had played more than 200 games of VFL football at the time Les Foote retired.

I'm 5th generation North. Pop said Les was the best he had seen before he passed ( pre- Carey days )

Same here, and have heard similiar sentiments.

So i suppose you could name a best 10 players based on their best form, prolly wouldn't change much at the pointy end but could be a few names like schwass, corey, keka and jimmy krakour may creep in. just goes to show how these lists can change a bit when the metrics are a little different.

Gee, from reading here l got a slight tear and congrats to all who got there last night.
Current list must have been in awe and hopefully inspired to carry the torch handed down to them.
Acknowledgement of the " Silver Foxes, Macca's and June's " shows that we are the family club l think.

Hope you young bucks here can carry the flame for us and hand it on when we aren't around. Fight for your club and believe. One of the best things you'll ever do. Hope one day in 25-50 years you can attend one of these and the next Carey has been named.

Cheers all. " CARN THE SHINBONERS " 😁

Remove this Banner Ad

Back