VFL 2019 VFL R19 vs Casey (Sun 11 Aug 12pm @ VICTORIA PARK) - Casey Radio

Remove this Banner Ad

Broomhead’s 4 possession game a result of injury or role? The lack of news on Murphy indicates he got through which is a plus!

Injured I read earlier Sco

Some quick thoughts:

6. Goldsack - occasional glimpses of vintage play, however after starting the year forward he hasn't been a standout performer. He's never really done much at VFL level though, so I reckon that he'd be better at AFL level.

28. Murphy - quiet first half and slowly worked into the match. Took a couple of nice marks late and will be better for the run, unfortunately he's ran out of time to impact 2019

29. Broomhead - a couple of nice things, but didn't add to his disposal tally after half time. Was he injured or rested?

34. T. Brown - forget AFL attributes, some of his highlights especially around the contest were elite today. At the very least he'll be a very good player if those skills can become more frequent and transfer to the next level. Ready for a debut, which isn't something I was thinking a month ago. That said working through a tag at VFL level will be invaluable too.

39. Crocker - again worked hard, but didn't show enough to earn a recall

40. Bosenavulagi - not a huge amount of footy, but his development his year has trended upwards. Nice pace and great pressure, but today I seen fleeting glimpses that he could be more than that, one nice clearance comes to mind

47. Keane - the secret is out and his bandwagon is filling, but another good game today despite losing his feet on a couple of occasions. Probably doesn't debut this year, however could play if required.

49. Noble - another who looks too good for this level, elite pace and nice hands, on today's performance I'd have him on the plane to Adelaide

50. Woodward - we're very fortunate to have Woodward with our VFL side, he's clearly a class above this level

Last edited:
Only got to see the second half, but I agree with the others saying Noble was a stand out. Sure by hand and foot and great decision making.
Nice to see Murphy back again. At one stage a bullet-like left foot pass came out of defence. I had to ask the other-half who it was. Smirking he said....."Your man Murphy!" Class act.
Keane has improved heaps since I saw him last. Months back he had no idea where to position himself; today he looked quite assured. He doesn't take a back step either; there's a bit of tough guy about him. Nice.
Appleby worked hard down back.
Brown did some nice things; his poise in close was noticeable.

For mine, Noble plays next week - his run and carry will be crucial come September.

Some quick thoughts:

6. Goldsack - occasional glimpses of vintage play, however after starting the year forward he hasn't been a standout performer. He's never really done much at VFL level though, so I reckon that he'd be better at AFL level.

28. Murphy - quiet first half and slowly worked into the match. Took a couple of nice marks late and will be better for the run, unfortunately he's ran out of time to impact 2019

29. Broomhead - a couple of nice things, but didn't add to his disposal tally after half time. Was he injured or rested?

34. T. Brown - forget AFL attributes, some of his highlights especially around the contest were elite today. At the very least he'll be a very good player if those skills can become more frequent and transfer to the next level. Ready for a debut, which isn't something I was thinking a month ago. That said working through a tag at VFL level will be invaluable too.

40. Bosenavulagi - not a huge amount of footy, but his development his year has trended upwards. Nice pace and great pressure, but today I seen fleeting glimpses that he could be more than that, one nice clearance comes to mind

47. Keane - the secret is out and his bandwagon is filling, but another good game today despite losing his feet on a couple of occasions. Probably doesn't debut this year, however could play if required.

49. Noble - another who looks too good for this level, elite pace and nice hands, on today's performance I'd have him on the plane to Adelaide

50. Woodward - we're very fortunate to have Woodward with our VFL side, he's clearly a class above this level

What about Wilson barrackers ?

Some quick thoughts:

Where would you play Noble? IMO he should become part of our midfield rotations and rest him down back.

What about Wilson barrackers ?
Our delivery and forward structure combined with Casey's good defence didn't help him. Was one of the few forwards to find space at times though, but on those occasions he often lead or was worked under the footy indicating that his timing wasn't quite there. Tohill was similar. Unlike Tohill Wilson still found the ball inside 50 on 3-4 occasions, however he rarely took the chance to have a shot on goal instead opting to pass the footy. As a forward I'd like him to take on the responsibility himself especially when having a set shot on days like today when none our other forwards were overly effective. As others have said Wilson will benefit from a proper preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep like the wing actually, play Sidey forward & midfield, really disliked his year on the wing.

Has been my most disappointing player this year...........probably his best game yesterday in that role.

Must continue there until De Goey is back.

Where would you play Noble? IMO he should become part of our midfield rotations and rest him down back.
Yep, I agree with CFC2010 and yourself, wing predominantly with stints at half back. We need his pace and run.

Thanks for the updates guys. Was at a long lunch today and got into trouble for checking the scores, and wishing I was at Vic Park for the last game this year. Sad to miss it. Disappointed we lost. But enjoyed the positive accounts of Noble, Keane and others. Must say I'm keen on Keane.:oops:

Noble good pressure, composure, metres gained and only one who adapted to conditions , only consistent field kick in team. Murphy hot and cold went to ground to easily. Woodward battled hard all day, Brown had moments, Goldy struggled. Think Broomhead injured.

Some quick thoughts:

barrackers on behalf of everyone on this board, thank you so much for the reports this year. Sadly I haven't been able to get to as many games this year but really hope to catch up with you next year if all is well.

Great job.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back