List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dangerfield was pretty much hot garbage up until his break out year of 2012. Poor decisions, burning teammates, horrible disposal. It was cartoonish at times. And he was averaging just 15 disposals per game.
SPP is probably tracking ahead of where Dangerfield was at the same age. That’s not to say he’ll turn out to be as good as Dangerfield, but give him a bit of time to get his s**t together. He deserves that. He’s going ok.
Can't remember 2012 but 2013 was the year I watched Dangerfield twice live in the flesh, the showdown and a mate gave me a ticket to a crows game and that's when I thought, * this guy is bloody good. It was his acceleration that impressed me and I just hadn't picked it up on TV, that stuck out.

The talking down of Dangerfield amuses me.

He's a Brownlow medallist and one of the top 2 or 3 players in the game, and added to that if he stayed with the Crows they're probably a 1 or 2 time premiership side by now.

Superstar and should be on every Port fan's Christmas card list.

Who’s disputing Dangerfield’s quality now? I’m certainly not. He’s a superstar and has been for a number of years. But prior to 2012 he was poor, and nowhere near living up to the hype he was receiving even then. And he was averaging numbers comparable with David Rodan.

Who’s disputing Dangerfield’s quality now? I’m certainly not. He’s a superstar and has been for a number of years. But prior to 2012 he was poor, and nowhere near living up to the hype he was receiving even then. And he was averaging numbers comparable with David Rodan.

At the same age (Sam left, Danger right):
2824358ad2c563f621f92cf212c12b06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amon of all three is the most deserving. He's gone from a fringe player to a certain starter in less than one year. Just the player we needed to step-up with Polec being traded out. Farrell is showing promise so I'm glad he's sticking around. Bonner I get but he needs to toughen up, and toughen up a lot. Maybe the coaches can improve that part of his game during next pre-season but right now that looks like a really tough ask.

Amon of all three is the most deserving. He's gone from a fringe player to a certain starter in less than one year. Just the player we needed to step-up with Polec being traded out. Farrell is showing promise so I'm glad he's sticking around. Bonner I get but he needs to toughen up, and toughen up a lot. Maybe the coaches can improve that part of his game during next pre-season but right now that looks like a really tough ask.
Amon has been the whipping boy on here for years, and now he has come good and everyone wants him to stay.
Ladhams was almost delisted and now he has come good.
Surely it is possible that the same could happen with Bonner. The club seems to have faith in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amon has been the whipping boy on here for years, and now he has come good and everyone wants him to stay.
Ladhams was almost delisted and now he has come good.
Surely it is possible that the same could happen with Bonner. The club seems to have faith in him.
Bonner has strengths. A penetrating kick that can hit a target. Offers run from defence, and can weave through traffic. But for me that isn't enough to outweigh his softness. Maybe the coaches can toughen him up. It's a wait and see until next season.

Bonner has strengths. A penetrating kick that can hit a target. Offers run from defence, and can weave through traffic. But for me that isn't enough to outweigh his softness. Maybe the coaches can toughen him up. It's a wait and see until next season.
Many were calling Amon soft before this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back