Club History Port to wear prison bar guernsey twice in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black with silver bars is the best looking thing I've ever seen.

Not that it should matter what Eddie McGuire thinks, BUT he is on record as saying Port Adelaide should use the prison bars design, he just doesn’t like the black and white version being used.

Start by making the design a permanent week to week jumper, and start slowly chipping away from there.

Power supporters that support another SANFL club i can understand, it's the SANFL Port supporters that hate on the Power that make my blood literally boil. I can't stand them and it's unbelievable they even exist.

I used to be against the idea of using the bars with different colours. But my opinion has changed. We should be using the bars in the AFL as our kit, home, away, and clash.

The black and white colours are undoubtedly very important, and we should bring out the black and white bars on certain occasions. But it’s the actual design that is so iconic, and we should be using it on a weekly basis.

Yeah look this would probably be the ideal

Lte8IcH.png

My biggest disappointment so far with this......why are we hearing what’s happening almost as bits and pieces through a second rate commentator rather than our Club.
About time our leadership/management did some visible leading and managing!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Probably because it worked so well with the co-captain announcement.

Black with silver bars is the best looking thing I've ever seen.

I'd always prefer our black and white PBs, but if we absolutely can't have it because reasons/Collingwood/the AFL then I'd tolerate black and silver PBs.

The fact that a club can dictate what another club wears in a professional sport is staggering, and it says a lot about how small minded Collingwood are that they still feel threatened over it, and a lot about how spineless the AFL are for not being able to stand up and administer the game they are meant to be administering.

Regardless of how we go getting the regular PBs in the longer term future, I actually think black on silver would work well as an away jumper... Surely Collingwood wouldn't have an issue if there was no white in the design... I like our silver away jumper at the moment, but I feel like this one would be better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your opinion ≠ objective fact.
This has gone way off track from the original comments and the venom that is being thrown at people who dont agree with the opinion of others is unbelievable. At no stage did 1870 say he doesnt value our history or its importance and it should be honored with our celebrations next year and every chance we get but we are the Power now playing in the AFL with a different jumper but same club. I love our history and look forward to growing the pie to a broader supporter based. Whilst we have a middle of the road membership it doest equate to sponsorship dollars yet the eastern sea board has corporate backers hence those clubs survive. Our china strategy is a part of the solution and the results are slowing coming.

Try and get this forum out of the gutter

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'd always prefer our black and white PBs, but if we absolutely can't have it because reasons/Collingwood/the AFL then I'd tolerate black and silver PBs.

The fact that a club can dictate what another club wears in a professional sport is staggering, and it says a lot about how small minded Collingwood are that they still feel threatened over it, and a lot about how spineless the AFL are for not being able to stand up and administer the game they are meant to be administering.

Regardless of how we go getting the regular PBs in the longer term future, I actually think black on silver would work well as an away jumper... Surely Collingwood wouldn't have an issue if there was no white in the design... I like our silver away jumper at the moment, but I feel like this one would be better

View attachment 727096
Is there anyway to contact the club and show them these designs? These look incredible.

This has gone way off track from the original comments and the venom that is being thrown at people who dont agree with the opinion of others is unbelievable. At no stage did 1870 say he doesnt value our history or its importance and it should be honored with our celebrations next year and every chance we get but we are the Power now playing in the AFL with a different jumper but same club. I love our history and look forward to growing the pie to a broader supporter based. Whilst we have a middle of the road membership it doest equate to sponsorship dollars yet the eastern sea board has corporate backers hence those clubs survive. Our china strategy is a part of the solution and the results are slowing coming.

Thank you, if my username wasn't enough proof of my thoughts....

A middle of the road club shouldn't be alienating its own fans or limiting their growth.

Plenty of Power fans didn't follow the Magpies.

Power supporters that support another SANFL club i can understand, it's the SANFL Port supporters that hate on the Power that make my blood literally boil. I can't stand them and it's unbelievable they even exist.
Yeah well I can't disagree with that... Those people can just grow old and * off for all I care.

Thats pissant Adelaide attitude for you.

Perhaps you should go back and read the entire exchange, friendo.

Perhaps you should go back and read the entire exchange, friendo.
Before or after your stupid picture?

I defended someone getting hounded as they didn't have the big interest in the PB. There's nothing wrong with a fan following Port, they can for their own reasons, history isn't always it. They can just simply hate Adelaide, they could hate how Adelaide came in, they could like Rozee....

Before or after your stupid picture?

Which was an attempt to disengage with levity before you poked the bear. Why would you poke the bear?

Your moronic train of thought was straight out of the John James playbook.

Right back at you and your small minded view.

Maybe we could rename ourselves our Power FC and play games in Canberra, Sydney, Cairns and Hobart.

It worked for North.

Maybe we could rename ourselves our Power FC and play games in Canberra, Sydney, Cairns and Hobart.

It worked for North.
We will when all the old Magpies fans die.

If we exist at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back