Port to wear the Bars in 2023- or life on the round a about

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like Port to wear the prison bars in Perth. Its THE iconic strip of the competition & there is no reason the WA fans would get precious over it.

Port may have to get sign off from the Swan Districts footy club

hqdefault.jpg

I made the mistake of venturing over to the wobbler's site and the salt from some of them is dripping off the screen.

One luminary reckons South Melbourne or St Kilda would have won 50 flags in the SA comp, yeah right! :think:

It was very tempting to respond and inform the merchant banker that Port defeated wobblewood in what was billed as the Magpie championship of Australia in 1968, and won 3 of 4 games against South Melbourne from the late 60's to early 70's, including a win over them at the Lakes oval in the same year they made the top 4 in the VFL, and all of those games were played during our premiership drought!

I'm no fan of the local blue baggers, but I suspect the skill level and ball use of the teams from their golden era (1966-70) would have blown the bottom 5 or 6 VFL teams off the park.

I like the teal in our guersneys and happy with the journey we are on

That said we should be allowed to wear our PB any time we like. I would also expect Port to never wear the PBs against the Pies, as a show of respect to the Pies and acknowledgement the clash isn't good for viewers. This clash issue probably extends to geelong, blues and other similar siuations.

The AFL should step in and not favour one club or another. Either Port gets to wear a guernsey of their choice or no one gets to wear guernseys of their choice.

Living in their heads rent free 🤣

Their 5 minute attention span supporters have forgotten what happened last time.

https://www.news.com.au/sanfl-force...y/news-story/0fd87abb44418c59cdd80dabe3ff3d7d

Garry McIntosh summed it up: "If you're trying to get one up on Port, beat them when you play them,'' he said. "Beating them in the boardroom doesn't count.

"That's what happens when people in bullshit castles make bullshit decisions.''

Last edited:
2000-2002

What happened in 2000-2002 ?
I was around when Swans won its first premiership (1961) & its B&W guernsey is much the same as the Pies & not at all like the prison bars, as any follower of the history of our game know.

I was around when Swans won its first premiership (1961) & its B&W guernsey is much the same as the Pies & not at all like the prison bars, as any follower of the history of our game know.

No, as the link says, Swans wore a prison bars jumper 2000-2002. The annoying part is that was when they were really crap - they may even have won a spoon in that period, did the jumper no justice at all and it was a good thing they dropped it.

I'll be honest, I don't know why they adopted the PBs not why they changed back to the Pies style

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It must be annoying for swan districts supporters to see their traditional design refered to as the 'collingwood' style, when it was collingwood who changed in the late 90s to a swan districts style of predominantly black with white stripes, switching from their historic black stripes on white.
Cynics might think they did this to create a stronger resemblance to the bars, strengthening their claims to stop us wearing our guernsey because 'they're too similar'

Having teal is fine.

As long as it's the 3rd or 4th most featured colour on the kit.

It should always be predominantly black and white with a splash of silver and teal.
Where full teal clash guernsey

The way the article read to me, was that Koch was sending extra busses over, to increase Collingwood revenue on game day.

Seems interesting that the draw has them straight before our home game with the Crows. Coincidence or planned? AFL has to be in on it.

Again just a one off. The AFL really is a s**t show.

Regardless I’ll enjoy being in the moment watching the boys in the bars!

Hopefully Gilligan's replacement will take note of this apparent softening of Collingwood's attitude and come to the commonsense conclusion that this arrangement can now continue open ended.

More heifer dust from Chairman Moi:

Hopefully Gilligan's replacement will take note of this apparent softening of Collingwood's attitude and come to the commonsense conclusion that this arrangement can now continue open ended.

More heifer dust from Chairman Moi:

"You know that one good thing that has happened in the last 5 years? well actually I/we had nothing to do with it!"

Yep not surprised by that. Not sure why you are so keen to let everyone know but.

Eddie McGuire believes “the toothpaste is out of the tube” and that Port Adelaide will be wearing its heritage jumper more often in the future as the former Collingwood president detailed his successor’s “transaction” while having a crack at the Power CEO.

And McGuire claims the Magpies, while he was president, always said yes to the Power’s request to wear their black-and-white striped jumper, but were always wary Port wanted to don the guernsey more often than a home Showdown.

Speaking on the Eddie and Jimmy podcast, McGuire explained that his hesitancy around Port’s persistent desire to wear their heritage jumper was he sense they wanted to don it more often than once a year.

And now the Magpies and Power have reached an agreement for 2023 to “sell the (Magpies) jumper in that regard”, according to McGuire, the ex-Pies president has predicted it’ll be a more consistent sight going forward.

“‘Kochie’ is a smart guy he gets the marketing and needs to show he’s in there having a go. He takes on the big guys, ‘we’ll have a go at Collingwood’,” McGuire told the 3AW podcast.

McGuire also took aim at Port Adelaide chief executive Matthew Richardson, who told reporters recently the club would be able to sell a few of its heritage jumpers now before adding: “This isn’t about money.” McGuire said with a laugh: “Now I won‘t say he’s lying, but I wouldn’t say he is telling the truth.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back