Port to wear the Bars in 2023- or life on the round a about

Remove this Banner Ad

We have fought for the best part of a quarter of a century to wear our traditional guernsey yet there are some in our ranks who don't care?

Not to derail, but I guarantee you it’s acute Hinkley Fatigue.

When wearing the bars in 2007, 2013 and 2014 was announced everyone was flipping out and doing handstands.

Now I’m (and others are) like, “okay then”.

In the longer term, this is a step in the right direction (assuming Koch hasn’t been snookered like JJ was), but measured against the general tone of things these days, it’s not the uninhibited street party it otherwise would’ve been.

Not to derail, but I guarantee you it’s acute Hinkley Fatigue.

When wearing the bars in 2007, 2013 and 2014 was announced everyone was flipping out and doing handstands.

Now I’m (and others are) like, “okay then”.

In the longer term, this is a step in the right direction (assuming Koch hasn’t been snookered like JJ was), but measured against the general tone of things these days, it’s not the uninhibited street party it otherwise would’ve been.
Knowing Koch, we are gonna get ****ed in the deal.

Well I have been at work all day and only reading this now. Would have liked to buy another one as last time I got one it was at least 4 sizes too big for me. Oh well, guess it is the universe telling me to hold onto my money when it comes to Port!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KG was in fine for this morning whinging like a bit@* so I sent in an email, as below. Gra read it out and sounded amused while doing so.

KG, you keep whining and carrying on about Ports guernsey, saying move on.

They're not even your team, how about drop it and you move on. How does it affect you??

Knackers from Whyalla.

KG cracked the shites and called me a goose. My life is complete :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

This ******* rocks. I'm not attending this year due to Hinkley, but I'll make an exception for round 3.

Well done to the club for getting this done. Every time we wear it is a win and the fact that there are ongoing talks means we haven't signed anything away.

The sky won't fall in over Collingwood again. We further normalise wearing our guernsey at AFL level.

Really chuffed!

This ******* rocks. I'm not attending this year due to Hinkley, but I'll make an exception for round 3.

Well done to the club for getting this done. Every time we wear it is a win and the fact that there are ongoing talks means we haven't signed anything away.

The sky won't fall in over Collingwood again. We further normalise wearing our guernsey at AFL level.

Really chuffed!

Every time we wear it most Victorians are like "damn that a nice guernsey"

Am I reading too much in to Jace being in that photo shoot? Do the club see those three as our three brightest young lights? I really hope they do, because with all due respect to some of the other blokes they probably are.

I pointed out in the BBTB thread that they're all from SA and that JHF and Burgoyne have the family connection.

I don't want to be that guy but the pre orders are exhausted less than 3 hrs after the announcement. Does the club not realise that people want to buy these
I mean they are pre orders FFS.

Just take the orders and order more.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

KG was in fine for this morning whinging like a bit@* so I sent in an email, as below. Gra read it out and sounded amused while doing so.

They're not even your team, how about drop it and you move on. How does it affect you??

Knackers from Whyalla.

KG cracked the shites and called me a goose. My life is complete :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I heard that. He was his bitter self.

Knackers from Whyalla.

Their level of deluded self-importance is off the scale.

Remember when they tried to wear the SA state guernsey?

Never mind what Port supporters thought, their own support base took a bite out of their arse so big they still fall off the toilet when they go to take a s**t.

I guess if we're flogging off old 150 guernseys first that makes sense.

No need to mention they are old ones now. Just sell the limited stock we already have while the mood is high. Then tell everyone the full story and take future orders once these are sold out at the end of the week.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back