Review GBU vs Wobbles - Rd 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbs 12 disposals

But that's our culture. We rate experience above anything else. Those 12 are worth 25 from a younger player. The likes of jenny61_99 wouldn't trust a kid to give us 12 touches. They trust the coaches wholeheartedly to make the right decision every single time. I bet Jen loved that Sauce got his undeserved 200. Winning doesn't matter. Sauce's 200 is all that matters.

Hands up who thinks Jacobs selection was a board-mandated policy to ensure a club legend reached 200 games
The sad fact is that ROB would not have got an opportunity this year unless Jacob's got injured. Would still likely be in the sanfl and would have likely requested a trade. Thank you Jacob's for taking one for the team.

Hands up who thinks Jacobs selection was a board-mandated policy to ensure a club legend reached 200 games
giphy.gif

I really doubt that they are the problem. We highly value the contributions of beyond guys like Sauce, Dougie, Mackay. Our issues don't start or finish at the Crouch boys, it starts and finished at selection culture. But you know that.

Ive been disappointed with their output and skill level. Is it an outcome of culture and football department related issues, can't discount it is.
I expect more from them and haven't seen what we think they are capable of.

Maybe a change in coach and assistants may change this for the better.

I cant also ignore there are more players currently well below what we know they are capable of.....this year has been a complete disaster on so many levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hands up who thinks the word 'legend' wasn't used correctly here

Club legend in the eyes of the board of course.

In reality he has just been a serviceable player for us. One of our better players in the ruck. Nothing more.

Sauce and RoB selection the worst of all time.

Tonight again highlighted our lack of tackle power.

We are too rigid in structure.

The Neil Craig legacy of minimal aggression and corralling the oppoistion with systematic defence is still in play.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Points to the selection committee for at least trying something different....

But they should have stuck with ROB and JJ. At least JJ can play forward, and is equal in the ruck to Sauce

Fun Fact: Matt Crouch is the number one for turnovers in the AFL
Given he doesn't look where he is kicking the ball much of the time, this is not surprising.

Points to the selection committee for at least trying something different....

But they should have stuck with ROB and JJ. At least JJ can play forward, and is equal in the ruck to Sauce
The problem is the reason they picked Sauce + ROB together. Despite what they’ve said publicly it is blindingly obvious they’ve made a milestone home match a higher priority than picking the best possible 22 to either win the game or to develop the squad.

This kind of approach is no uncommon for the club, and is problematic in what just happens to be a results based industry.

Given he doesn't look where he is kicking the ball much of the time, this is not surprising.
Fun fact : What's really surprising is that it's not even close to correct. Matt is actually equal 67th on the turnovers list....Travis Boak is 1st and Luke Shuey is 2nd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back