Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like you I don't know a lot about Ardern so won't comment on her but if you're worried about lightweights, we're being led by a man who's been sacked from every job he had, lost his preselection heavily and only got the seat because a few of his mates ran a smear campaign against the guy that beat him and only became PM in the first place because the knuckle draggers in his party couldn't bring themselves to vote for a women. That doesn't worry you?

A happy clappy in charge of a lemonade stand let alone a country worries me, yes. Not really relevant to this, though. Got a bit of a 'yeah but the other guy/team is just as bad' about it.

Cindy is a populist. Trudeau 2.0. But whatever she decides to do with NZ, I'm sure people would be up in arms if ScoMo went about lecturing her on environmental policy while trying to get Adani off the ground.

A football related one, how the hell has Dawson Simpson been on an AFL list for 12 years. I wonder how much he earned to basically do sweet fu** all for 12 years.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

He is tall. Being tall buys you a lot of time in the AFL.

47 games in 12 years is pretty good if you ask Daniel Currie.

Fraser McInnes is a free agent this year and has played 14 games. *shrug*

He is tall. Being tall buys you a lot of time in the AFL.

47 games in 12 years is pretty good if you ask Daniel Currie.

Fraser McInnes is a free agent this year and has played 14 games. *shrug*
I just couldn't believe when they said it today. I thought maybe 7 or 8 years 12 years is a long time and a lot of training to play 40 odd games.

I remember Luke O'Sullivan when he played his 50th game after about 10 years.

A football related one, how the hell has Dawson Simpson been on an AFL list for 12 years. I wonder how much he earned to basically do sweet fu** all for 12 years.

Fraser McInnis says hold my beer

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

is it sexist to go easier on Ardern than you would a make equivalent, just because she's a woman? I see that a bit though I'm sure nobody would admit to it

I'd say it's the contrary, there is a certain section of the population Allen Jones leading the way that puts an entirely different set of standards for women politicians that men. The experience of Julia Gillard here would support this. We've even got Julie Bishop now wailing about sexism and misogyny in the Liberal Party.

is it sexist to go easier on Ardern than you would a make equivalent, just because she's a woman? I see that a bit though I'm sure nobody would admit to it

Where have you seen it
It would be disappointing if she and other women in similar roles weren’t judged to the same standards as others when it comes to doing her job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where have you seen it
It would be disappointing if she and other women in similar roles weren’t judged to the same standards as others when it comes to doing her job.
Women are getting a rails run into Cabinet at the moment so desperate are the government to prove they don't have a woman problem. If Jonesy wants to exercise his mother issues in public there are some real no mark women in Cabinet at the moment.

Women are getting a rails run into Cabinet at the moment so desperate are the government to prove they don't have a woman problem. If Jonesy wants to exercise his mother issues in public there are some real no mark women in Cabinet at the moment.

Not sure what you mean by a rails run. They still have to be voted in, unless of course you are talking ministerial roles.
Susan Ley and Melissa Price are two who I would suggest get some protection because they are incompetent but so too does Stuart Robert.

I just find it interesting that there is the perception that women get off lightly and that they play the gender card far too easily.

Not sure what you mean by a rails run. They still have to be voted in, unless of course you are talking ministerial roles.
Susan Ley and Melissa Price are two who I would suggest get some protection because they are incompetent but so too does Stuart Robert.

I just find it interesting that there is the perception that women get off lightly and that they play the gender card far too easily.
I'd argue that the Libs are using the dreaded positive discrimination to prove they don't have a woman problem which I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't lose their s*** so badly when it happens elsewhere. If we are following the Slipper precedent Stuart Robert should be explaining himself to a Magistrate, not sitting in Cabinet.

Jones has form and his comments smacked completely of the thinking that women are political lightweights and don’t deserve to be heard. Every piece of data he used to attack Adern was shown to be either wrong or misleading. He’s a ******* lightweight and shouldn’t have a opinion on anything outside of rugby union.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back