Tigers Ashes discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a look at espncricinfo nada...just reams of irrelevant rubbish...where is the table for Australian scores in the First Innings Second Test that does not have pommie sheet all over it...FFS how hard is it...just a simple table of results! Thank you and good bye just reams of pommie rubbish...

c'mon campaigner you sound like a 90 year old trying to use the internets!!! :D

I look forward to the England crowd berating and booing their captain for cheating last night unless I missed the memo and one hand one bounce is now an official rule.

Is he going to get a 12 month ban too?
No in typical England fashion they’ll knight him if they get the win as a result.

Just imagine the press if an Australian claimed that catch

Excuse my ignorance
But why was marcus labuschagne
Allowed to replace Steve Smith??

Why couldn't England replace Anderson in
The 1st test when he was injured
Smith is a batsman
Anderson is a bowler
Say no more.
In all seriousness it's a joke.
Batsman today because of helmets have lost the ability to play the bouncer.
Next stop.Ban the bouncer to make it even more a batsman game

Smith is a batsman
Anderson is a bowler
Say no more.
In all seriousness it's a joke.
Batsman today because of helmets have lost the ability to play the bouncer.
Next stop.Ban the bouncer to make it even more a batsman game
In Smith’s case that was just a brutal ball, he gets some seriously nasty trajectory Archer however Smith still committed the biggest sin in batting, turning his back on it.
But on the whole I agree about the ability of a lot to play short stuff due to helmets, but 20/20 has had an enormous impact.
Players don’t respect the ball as much as they should, they take their eyes off it swinging wildly etc and quite sadly there has been no worse example of where it’s taken the game then Phil Hughes.
Once upon time watching the ball was paramount not only for scoring but not having the thing hit you between the eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harris and Labuchane not Stoinis
Fair enough but Bancroft has to go and if we were being fair dinkum Paine wouldn’t be in the team. Still think Wade earns a chance after the first test and fought hard in the first innings second test.
Our top order is so ordinary the middle order get exposed.

I want Patto in and to bowl straight under Archers armpit every single ball.
Don’t worry about the others pitch it up to them they are one day players but give Archer nothing in his own half, hitting him in the ribs, arm or fingers an added bonus to the mind games.

Taking the piss?
I reckon what root did is cheating more than smiths involvement in sandpaper gate.
What! Nothing to do with cheating, haven't even seen the Root catch.
More the hostility of Archer.
I remember being at the G when Thommo was in full flight and the Australian crowds were...

What! Nothing to do with cheating, haven't even seen the Root catch.
More the hostility of Archer.
I remember being at the G when Thommo was in full flight and the Australian crowds were...
View attachment 730549
I have nothing against Archer as a former opening bowler for a long time (probably just quicker than Archer :p) I love it.
I didn’t love the way they laughed when Smith was down that was just disgraceful really but I can put that down to nervous energy and excuse it, the crowd booing him back on was just typical Pom stuff.
But against Archers bowling? No way!
But there is one way to bowl to a bloke who bowls that stuff and one way only.

In Smith’s case that was just a brutal ball, he gets some seriously nasty trajectory Archer however Smith still committed the biggest sin in batting, turning his back on it.
But on the whole I agree about the ability of a lot to play short stuff due to helmets, but 20/20 has had an enormous impact.
Players don’t respect the ball as much as they should, they take their eyes off it swinging wildly etc and quite sadly there has been no worse example of where it’s taken the game then Phil Hughes.
Once upon time watching the ball was paramount not only for scoring but not having the thing hit you between the eyes.
In Smith's case yep even Viv Richards would be in trouble.
20/20 shouldn't have the word cricket associated with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back