Preview Round 23: Richmond v Brisbane | MCG | Sunday 3.20 (25/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
we been saying tim lunch for so long I don't even know his original name any more
Same with Prestia late out, that I never know if he's even out there anymore.

Nobody knows how the top four will finish. I’m not ruling out us belting the Lions and finishing above them. Cats are no certainty to beat Carlton either.
Lots of swings and merry go rounds still.
We will beat lions and scats will beat blues down at the velodrome.

1. Scats
2. Eagles/lions ( subject to eagles taking out their anger on the dawks and us beating the lions by enough )
3. Lions/eagles
4. Tigers
This will be the top 4 and in this order, take it to the bank.

We will beat lions and scats will beat blues down at the velodrome.

1. Scats
2. Eagles/lions ( subject to eagles taking out their anger on the dawks and us beating the lions by enough )
3. Lions/eagles
4. Tigers
This will be the top 4 and in this order, take it to the bank.
You’re just going by the markets and you’ve still put some ifs in your post.
If the market was always right bookies wouldn’t exist.

You’re just going by the markets and you’ve still put some ifs in your post.
If the market was always right bookies wouldn’t exist.
I don't bet and would not have a clue what the markets are, these are my own thoughts.

And where are the if's of my post. I only have lions and eagles as 2nd or 3rd as their % is closer and a smacking by the eagles over hawks and us beating lions by enough will see eagles finish 2nd, if not it will be lions who are 2nd but they will play each other in week 1.

geese the bears fans are up and about on their board haha

using our game against geelong as a reference of what to expect this weekend......

boy oh boy
Can’t we then use Essendon’s game against them at the MCG as a reference? They’re obviously a good side because I don’t think a crap side will sit 1st with one round to go even with an easy draw, but comparing the outcomes against Geelong of both sides would be like comparing the outcomes of Essendon.

Even then, the Essendon outcomes would actually be more relevant given since that was all played at the MCG.

I don't bet and would not have a clue what the markets are, these are my own thoughts.

And where are the if's of my post. I only have lions and eagles as 2nd or 3rd as their % is closer and a smacking by the eagles over hawks and us beating lions by enough will see eagles finish 2nd, if not it will be lions who are 2nd but they will play each other in week 1.
So you’re not certain then. Cmon toffee the market is what is obvious to most punters. Richmond wins by 11 goals and you’re wrong. Yes I agree with the market, but it’s still not certain.

The Brisbane fans are up and about in Brisbane I tell you what. Plenty of you're not going to beat"us" and "we" will flog you... when talking to them now.

However, seeing AFL on every paper and on the news is refreshing. I can't wait to rip them a new one.

I’m on holidays up on the Sunshine Coast at the moment , driving around there is plenty of vic clubs stickers on rear windows of cars up here !

But there has been plenty of Lions news on the tv which is good for footy up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you’re not certain then. Cmon toffee the market is what is obvious to most punters. Richmond wins by 11 goals and you’re wrong. Yes I agree with the market, but it’s still not certain.

All i'm not certain off is who out of eagles and lions will finish 2nd and 3rd due to percentage, we are finishing 4th and scats are finishing 1st, now go and place another bet and then come and tell me how the horse that was so obvious to most punters finished last.

All i'm not certain off is who out of eagles and lions will finish 2nd and 3rd due to percentage, we are finishing 4th and scats are finishing 1st, now go and place another bet and then come and tell me how the horse that was so obvious to most punters finished last.
As I told you I agree with the market and you which are both the same atm. With your analogy it’s basically contradicting what you’re arguing bc as I’ve been telling you if the most likely events always occurred then bookmakers wouldn’t exist. Yet you’re harping on with the favourite outcomes and with an each way bet to cover your tail on second and third. So you’ve got the two most likely events covered. Do you actually read and interpret posts or just sit on your high horse blowing smoke out of your tail?

Last edited:
Exactly their draw was a gift from heaven. AFL scheduled our game last bc they thought we’d drop off this year.
They’re riddled with talent, but are still cubs and aren’t finals hardened like us.
We would have beaten the Pussies by 10 goals last week. Their BL is weak and inexperienced apart from Hodge and Rich. Hodge will be found out for pace and Rich is a down hill skier and gets found out against quality opposition for his lack of accountability.
Game should be over by quarter time and I’ll have the luxury of taking photos of the boys high fiving on the interchange bench as each goal is kicked.
not sure they are such a young side.
last week their average age was 25yr 131 days. compare that to us at 25yrs 185 days.

Even games played 2319 is just about where you need to be compare it to us we had 2435.
even more pertinent our g/f team was on average 25yrs/43days with 2290 games played. we werent finals hardened in 2017 either.

last week they had 5 players with less than 50 games, two of them was a 25yr old and a 26yr old. in the main they have mostly got 40 50 games into the kids they are playing theres 7 of them or there was last week how many kids do we play each week. I think we played 4 and if stack was fit it would have been 5. the most games any of our kids have played last week was graham with 36.

I think age and games played they are right in the window with a good balance of youth, players in their prime and vets.

On their back line i reckon like most sides playing finals for the first time in yrs underated and they are not inexperienced back there imo.

not sure they are such a young side.
last week their average age was 25yr 131 days. compare that to us at 25yrs 185 days.

Even games played 2319 is just about where you need to be compare it to us we had 2435.
even more pertinent our g/f team was on average 25yrs/43days with 2290 games played. we werent finals hardened in 2017 either.

last week they had 5 players with less than 50 games, two of them was a 25yr old and a 26yr old. in the main they have mostly got 40 50 games into the kids they are playing theres 7 of them or there was last week how many kids do we play each week. I think we played 4 and if stack was fit it would have been 5. the most games any of our kids have played last week was graham with 36.

I think age and games played they are right in the window with a good balance of youth, players in their prime and vets.

On their back line i reckon like most sides playing finals for the first time in yrs underated and they are not inexperienced back there imo.
Fair enough, but they don’t have the finals experience as our boys , apart from Hodge. I don’t really think they’ve been fully tested this year and I maybe underrating them , but I think they’re 12 months short from being a true contender.

Hopefully a good game on the weekend. Think you guys are going to overwhelm us a little at the MCG come Sunday. Wouldn’t be surprised by a win or a 30 point loss.

Ps, do us a solid and give Cotchin another week to recover. Also, give Dusty a rest before finals. ;)

Good luck fellas 👍🏽

Wish people would have a bit of self-awareness when downplaying Brisbane's form. Discarding their position by saying they had a soft draw is exactly what we faced in 2017. Records are made to be broken and they're as united as they'll ever be rn. I do think it'll go our way by around 3-4 goals though. Let's hope we come out in force to provide some of that atmosphere from the weekend, it's pretty special stuff when you hear that roar.

Wish people would have a bit of self-awareness when downplaying Brisbane's form. Discarding their position by saying they had a soft draw is exactly what we faced in 2017. Records are made to be broken and they're as united as they'll ever be rn. I do think it'll go our way by around 3-4 goals though. Let's hope we come out in force to provide some of that atmosphere from the weekend, it's pretty special stuff when you hear that roar.
Hahaha you ask for others to have self awareness, yet you’ll think we’ll win by 3-4 goals. They’re not in the same position as us in 2017 as we endured the heartaches of losing three consecutive elimination finals and a failed 2016.

And what will happen when i downplay Brisbane's form which i am.

They are more like Melbourne last year. Haven't been to the finals for the longest time and are the good story for becoming a decent side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back