Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People where Saying the Same things about Elliot Earlier in the Season what they saying about Moore Now

Very astute observation TD. I trust our medical team is good enough to get him back on the field next year. He won’t be the first player in the AFL to have multiple hamstrings injuries before turning a corner and playing out his career. Imagine if Hawthorn gave up on Cyril all those years ago?

And what body were you born with mate? A very jealous one it seems. Give it a rest and show some support for one of our own.
Darcy frustrates the hell out of me too but being on the outside looking in I have no idea of the exact circumstances surrounding his issues.

He does 'seem to' come off very early with tightness and 'appears' to be loathe to push himself at times but without full knowledge of his circs who can say?

Having a fragile body is not a character flaw, I can understand the disappointment and even entertaining I idea of a trade. I don’t understand why some direct personal animosity, he’s not getting injured on purpose.
Because this board is very 'forgiving' with anti-social and aggressive posting a number of individuals feel they have the right to unsubstantiated personal attacks on players.

Darcy frustrates the hell out of me too but being on the outside looking in I have no idea of the exact circumstances surrounding his issues.

He does 'seem to' come off very early with tightness and 'appears' to be loathe to push himself at times but without full knowledge of his circs who can say?

Unfortunately It’s near impossible to test your hamstrings in anything close to match day conditions, except of course on match day.

I’m not sure what you mean by “loathes to push himself”? When I observe Darcy I see a player go 110% at every contest, often reckless with his own safety. Watching the game live he pushes extremely hard up the ground to lock the ball inside forward 50 and of course when the turnover eventuates, has to go twice as hard to cover his man. His skills, agility and awareness are unreal for his height so I’ll back him in to fix the mechanics causing the hamstring injuries.

Having a fragile body is not a character flaw, I can understand the disappointment and even entertaining I idea of a trade. I don’t understand why some direct personal animosity, he’s not getting injured on purpose.

Of course he isn't getting injured on purpose. So why then after 6 weeks out for a mild hamstring strain does he again re injure the same area on the same leg? Is the precise diagnosis & rehab treatment wrong? Is there an issue elsewhere causing these reoccurring hamstring breakdowns? Something not picked up by the scans or medical staff? There is certainly something we are missing with either our strength & conditioning or rehab practices with regards to Darcy. 6 weeks is plenty of rehab time it should not keep reoccurring. Perhaps an exploratory surgical look may be in order for Darcy post 2019? We can't keep doing the same stuff each year & hoping things improve with him.

Of course he isn't getting injured on purpose. So why then after 6 weeks out for a mild hamstring strain does he again re injure the same area on the same leg? Is the precise diagnosis & rehab treatment wrong? Is there an issue elsewhere causing these reoccurring hamstring breakdowns? Something not picked up by the scans or medical staff? There is certainly something we are missing with either our strength & conditioning or rehab practices with regards to Darcy. 6 weeks is plenty of rehab time it should not keep reoccurring. Perhaps an exploratory surgical look may be in order for Darcy post 2019? We can't keep doing the same stuff each year & hoping things improve with him.
or he just has weak hamstrings

I don’t have a problem with any of that, all valid areas of discussion. I share the same concerns, I just don’t understand when people personalise it.

He really is someone we need to get right, he could be anything if we get his body right.

or he just has weak hamstrings

I hope it isn't that simple BJ. Because if it is then there probably isn't any light at the end of the tunnel & we should look at options elsewhere. Would be such a waste.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope it isn't that simple BJ. Because if it is then there probably isn't any light at the end of the tunnel & we should look at options elsewhere. Would be such a waste.
I hope it isn't either

But sometimes we like to think everything is fixable, when in some cases it isn't
Many footballers have had to retire at an early age due to constant hamstring problems, its not a new thing

I really want this kid to succeed, but we may have to understand that perhaps its just not possible

Here, here.
Don't denigrate.
Potentially trade for the right price- if he even has any currency.

I hope like hell that Darcy and the club can get his body right, as he is too talented to let go.

The comments on his mental capacity are a bit rough. We have no idea what he’s going through, and he more than anyone would be acutely aware of how disappointing this is. He was raised with the expectation that he’d play for the Pies, and right now it’s slipping away from him. Feel for the guy.

I guess we have to hope it’s just tightness and that the scan comes back clear.

I reckon it is a mechanical issue. Hopefully over summer they assess his gait and running style. He might be like Cyril and it can be fixed.

It’s so hard to get blue chip stock, amazing people want to flog it off in a panic sell. The kids a gun and he’ll get his body right and show that.
I’ve said it before but thank fu** BF posters aren’t running the club.
I notice from your posts that you are the eternal optimist, glass half full type person. With a sweet little dog for an avatar, I am not surprised you view life through rose coloured glasses.

Tight and not too bad means 8wks.

De Goey finished the Richmond game and they said a slight awareness in his hammy. Been out for 4wks, will be 6 by first final.

With us hamstring awareness is a 6wk injury, I’d hate to know what recovery time an actual hamstring injury requires at Collingwood.
I think you get traded to st kilda for a 2nd rounder

I notice from your posts that you are the eternal optimist, glass half full type person. With a sweet little dog for an avatar, I am not surprised you view life through rose coloured glasses.

Thankfully I do tend not to have the violent swing between hand wringing angst and a homer. More of a pragmatist or an optimistic pessimist I’d say.
That sweet little dog is in fact a banshee and not to taken lightly.
I’ve found over the years things are never as bad or as good as they seem.

A fit Moore would be sensational for Collingwood and at 23 that still might happen. But if it’s mental or continues to break down then unfortunately we need to cut our losses and get a good trade or first rd pick and move on, there has been an alarming trend with him that tells me it aint going to change

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As it stands, he doesn't play again this year for me, we can't afford to have him going off in finals and leaving us one man down all the time, he has one more year on his contract so lets see how he goes next year, if no good then trade him or maybe try him forward again because defence isn't working for him

What it highlights is our dearth of true KPD stocks
We “sat” on Corey Gault for 5 years hoping he’d develop but now we want to trade s guy that has superstar potential
If we had other capable KPD in reserve we’d be all more patient w Darcy but our need for his ilk demonstrates the emptiness of our cupboard imo
I get the Beams trade, I really do, + had our KPP stocks been solid and had Beams had luck we might be flag material but, again imo, list balance needed KP talent (not others who might come on) as reserve for cases such as Darcy’s injury - and I’d have rather put it on Sier and another late moneyball draft pick (Pickett for example) to est our inside game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back