No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the first thing I thought of too. I’m sure waking up to JOM would’ve eased the hangover somewhat 😂

Image result for brokeback mountain gif

Would love to know where your confidence comes from? Frawley?
It is written in the Instagram that two as close as brothers shall unite at the feet of a giant to deliver silver cups for the brown and gold faithful.

We have prophecy on our side ;)

- JOM, Patton and Cogs are best mates
- Patton already coming to Hawks for peanuts as big time salary relief for unneeded player
- Cogs coming as free agent, not matched, to his mates as further salary relief allowing GWS to keep their other big names next year.
- there was talk of Ceglar going north because GWS need a ruck but Cegs played so well the last two weeks as first ruck that it’s not linger clear he’s trade bait. Perhaps they want someone else?

And be use there have been a lot of data points re-enforcing this message which haven’t come from the club.

Honestly after that WC mauling, if you take that team and go
Out: Howe, Puopolo
In: Mitchell, Impey

That is already a massive improvement without any players coming in from outside of the club. That is also without taking into account names like M.Lewis, Jiath, Moore, Ross, Walker, etc

Getting in Cogs (upgrade on Shiels), Patton (forward depth), and anyone else is just cream on top of what is already a quality side.
Sure of there are the mooted changes of (possibly) Breust/Gunston/Burgoyne out of that line-up then more spots will be available.

What i am saying is there doesn't need to be that much change beyond farewelling the old champs (e.g. Roughy) and clearing out the list of those surplus to needs/injured (e.g. Shoey, Miles).

I admire your optimism but it is based on the way we finished the year. Over the course of the year, which is what really counts, we were “a middle of the road “ team to paraphrase Clarko.

Hawthorn is not just interested in being competitive, the club is interested in winning premierships, and our current list will not do that. We are not in the same league as Richmond for example. Fortunately Clarkson Wright et al know this only too well and will endeavour to add the missing pieces over the next few years.

Kennett and Clarko have publicly warned supporters to expect change and clearly some of us may not like what moves may manifest themselves over the forthcoming trade period and beyond.

Longtime supporters will be aware that successful Hawthorn administrations are ruthless and will not die wondering what we could have achieved. You don’t become the most successful club of the modern era by being satisfied with the status quo.

Strap yourself in, the next few years will be a very exciting ride.

I admire your optimism but it is based on the way we finished the year. Over the course of the year, which is what really counts, we were “a middle of the road “ team to paraphrase Clarko.

Hawthorn is not just interested in being competitive, the club is interested in winning premierships, and our current list will not do that. We are not in the same league as Richmond for example. Fortunately Clarkson Wright et al know this only too well and will endeavour to add the missing pieces over the next few years.

Kennett and Clarko have publicly warned supporters to expect change and clearly some of us may not like what moves may manifest themselves over the forthcoming trade period and beyond.

Longtime supporters will be aware that successful Hawthorn administrations are ruthless and will not die wondering what we could have achieved. You don’t become the most successful club of the modern era by being satisfied with the status quo.

Strap yourself in, the next few years will be a very exciting ride.
Yes there is going to be some angst this year and some serious heart burn

Essentially every argument you guys throw at us over on your board regarding our ITK's can be thrown right back at your.

The track record from (seemingly) your main ITK was sure that Shiels was joining last season. When in reality the closest Carlton got was then the Dodo nearly shot himself in the foot at the 11th hour of the trade period.

Not all of the ITK knowledge gets posted on these boards. A lot more of it has been passed on via PM, to protect the actual sources - including some that has come from within Carlton. Not everyone is privy to all of the information.

As for the ITK's that you guys are laughing at - their sources are solid, and for some their track records are irrelevant if this is the first time they are sharing information. Whilst others have great records and aren't here making bold claims every other day. They rarely post in general, and post in here even less.

My personal source, which has given me a lot of cause to be positive (even taking our the Jaeger, Patton, stronger team, stronger culture, much better coach, etc. factors that could weigh on the decision) has been right about multiple things so far this year; things that have happened at the club - inc. Stratton captaincy, confirmed well before it was ever announced, the Jaeger extension, confirmed weeks before news started to filter out, let alone it get announced. etc.

Now obviously there's at least another week before we could possibly hear anything from Coniglio. So who knows what will happen between now and then? Like I said before, Essendon nearly lost Shiel at the death because Dodo was reneging on their deal. So he could have ended up at Carlton by default.

Yes there is going to be some angst this year and some serious heart burn

Unless it was Worpel, I dont think anything could possibly give me as much heart burn as losing Burton did last year.
Although Wingard is proving to be much more effective at relieving heart burn than a packet of Quick-Eze.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he's lacked development & plays a lot on ability/talent.

Yup, get him to drop some unnecessary bulk, build his endurance base, but also give him a season under Clarko & Sammy so he learns/develops his skills & his gameplay & he could quite easily be a 23 possession + 1 goal a game Fwd/Mid.
Petracca was our AIS kid in his junior days. He trained with us in the summer and got to see what AFL life was about under Clarko.

Petracca was our AIS kid in his junior days. He trained with us in the summer and got to see what AFL life was about under Clarko.

No wonder the poor kid stagnated. Imagine getting Clarko and then having to endure life under Roos and Goodwin. Surprised he didn't pull the pin on his career.

Petrecca is one of the most overrated players in the league. Pass.
That's the thing though - you'd trade him in hoping to realise the potential that he's not currently delivering on - not to have him continue at current levels.

He's overrated because his potential is high, but his output isn't at that level (the gap being the overrated part).

That's the thing though - you'd trade him in hoping to realise the potential that he's not currently delivering on - not to have him continue at current levels.

He's overrated because his potential is high, but his output isn't at that level (the gap being the overrated part).
this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back