Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope you dont mind me posting, I know your hurting.

I admire your club, both of our clubs has risen at the same time and I have zero doubt you will be contending again next year and a few years after that. The loss hurts now, yet you had the worse week in the lead up and I cant imagine how your players felt. Good sides have pride, and your team showed that for a quarter and a half.

Out of the other 17 clubs, yours is the one I was worried about the most, and that is meant with respect. Awesome side. Anyway, I just felt compelled to post as I know how your feeling, being beaten by a lesser side due to circumstances outside of your control. It will pass as you have a lot to be proud about what your side has achieved.

/respect

Because we got the game on our own terms, had the game in control the opposition decided to stand up to us and we said it’s all to hard. Don’t care if you don’t agree, that’s how I see it.

Whenever we play well it’s because the game’s on our term and whenever we play poorly it’s because we’re weak. Doesn’t leave room for a lot of middle ground.

I would argue that taking a game that’s not on your terms, against a good side, on the road, then getting it back on your terms would constitute resilience.

Tonight sums up our season in a nut shell, could turn it on for brief periods, but the hunger just wasn't the same this season ,the only time we put teams away was when they gave it up, and it was an easy kill. A shame and a waste because our best was as good as anyone else's.

Positive for me is no need to buy any more tickets, that money can be used to go to a couple more NBA games late Oct early Nov.

Last edited:
I'm glad 2019 is over. It never felt quite right after round 4-5..

Hopefully get one more gun mid, maybe a skilled half back too for if Jetta and Hurn are out, full preseason for Nic Nat, another preseason for Allen, Brander, Williams, Ryan, Waterman, Petruccelle, Venables, Cameron, O'Neill.

Last edited:
Whenever we play well it’s because the game’s on our term and whenever we play poorly it’s because we’re weak. Doesn’t leave room for a lot of middle ground.

I would argue that taking a game that’s not on your terms, against a good side, on the road, then getting it back on your terms would constitute resilience.

It does, but being able to maintain it is the sign of a great group. We have much to do to become that type of group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emotionally drained team. There is no getting around it. It isnt who played well but the many that didnt do a thing or made uncharacteristic errors. We never got our head into the game but showed commendable resilience. Down a mid with no Will running through and we were drained eventually and they ran over us. Some kids did better that the leaders. Hopefully we can get two quality mids and look at transitioning JK out over 2020. Thats where we are at.

Need to trade boldly as our young mids who have been in the WAFL a year or two will only ever be roll players unless there is a miraculous break out by an individual.

Hope you dont mind me posting, I know your hurting.

I admire your club, both of our clubs has risen at the same time and I have zero doubt you will be contending again next year and a few years after that. The loss hurts now, yet you had the worse week in the lead up and I cant imagine how your players felt. Good sides have pride, and your team showed that for a quarter and a half.

Out of the other 17 clubs, yours is the one I was worried about the most, and that is meant with respect. Awesome side. Anyway, I just felt compelled to post as I know how your feeling, being beaten by a lesser side due to circumstances outside of your control. It will pass as you have a lot to be proud about what your side has achieved.

/respect

Through gritted teeth... Please win next week. Thanks 😛👍

Played in fits and spurts like much of our season.

The backline I feel has been much less composed than last year. The lack of midfield depth is still evident.

Premierships are damn hard to win, and in reality we lost the chance in Round 23.

We climbed the mountain last year, and we can do it again next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back