Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to learn how to tackle and stop teams who swarm the ball. Against the top teams they always seem to have 2 or 3 more players around stoppages and are able to easily handball their way out and spread.

This has been shitting me to tears all season. It kills me that we just seem to give the opposition an extra at the stoppage and instead try to get our own extra back in defense to kill the inevitable forward entry.

Win the f*cken ball in the first place!

Thoughts on getting SPP?

I know his disposal is iffy but he has a fair dinkum go.

Id love to see him in our jumper.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, just because our only real good user of the pill is Shuey out the mids, Yeo and Gaff one rips em 50 every chance he gets and the other can't kick over a jam tin. Can't carry another pig

No, just because our only real good user of the pill is Shuey out the mids, Yeo and Gaff one rips em 50 every chance he gets and the other can't kick over a jam tin. Can't carry another pig
But contested ball and stuff

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just went and punched out my rage alone down the beach 🤸‍♂️

Upon reflection I've come to terms with a few things.

- We should have folded yesterday

- Proud of the team for once again coming back from 5 goals down in a final to lead going into the last quarter.

- Hutchings was more of a negative to the side than his "shutdown" job of Stewart provided for the team

- Whilst i don't necessarily agree, this is one of those games which provides the Naitanui is overrated crowd with ammunition. Big final, minimal impact.

- Impressed with Nelsons job on Ablett. Kid can hold his head high for what he's achieved in the back end of the year.

- Same can't be said for McGovern and Barrass. Ugh, their season went to the toilet after the high pants trouncing of Fremantle.

- Percentage....plays... a... part. Really hope we start getting that killer edge back which was lacking in 2019 and put more teams to the sword like the tigers scum do.

- Finishing top 4 is vital. We should have been at home this week with our feet up.

- Wasted season for Branders development. Pissed me off all year we've carried a hobbling Kennedy rather than phasing him out and introducing our new hero.

I still love you all.

Earlier in the year when we played Sydney for some unknown reason Simpson decided to play McGovern on Franklin out of the square. That backfired spectacularly and was one of Franklin's more productive games.

Tonight, against a Geelong forward line with 2 talls we again decide that a bloke who's won 4 All Australian's on the trot as as an intercept back man will once again play a lock down role in the last line of defence. This despite having 2 tall lock down defenders already in the side.

Chris Scott could hardly believe his luck. And I could hardly believe our stupidity to upset the balance of our defence.

Is Brander the answer for Kennedy's replacement though? I feel he's going to go down to FB and play. Barrass has shown he can't be our #1 Gorilla wrestler

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+ Not much really, but I wasn't expecting much, all the fun had been taken out of the game for me a day before it started
Petrucelle was good in the first half
Hurn played his best game in a while
Shuey kept trying
Redden was hard at it
Hickey did his job ok
Nic got a few clearances but his ruckwork wasn't up to his usual standard, Stanley actually did ok against him

- The obvious, but to make it worse some people are piling on and accusing Willie of being a hopeless pot head on the word of one of the less credible posters on this board
Yeo is a selfish/brainless player sometimes and when Danger was outmarking him every time maybe he could go for the spoil
Sheed was poor apart from his neck high body slam on Selwood, much enjoy
Need to inject a bit of pace into the backline next year
Cats midfield was much more dynamic in the clearances
Waterman didn't have a great game, ditto Hutch, Cripps, and JK.
JK tried to launch at a couple of packs and barely got off the ground.
Not sure I'll renew my membership next year might leave last year as the high point.

I reckon he wasn't fit. Or we went with Waterman because he is more of a pure forward. Don't think that solved our mids getting belted.
Agree on the mids.
Oscar would have found a way to put the team on his back though.
And Waterman was a complete non-factor for the entire game. But he wasn't alone in that regard.

Agree on the mids.
And Waterman was a complete non-factor for the entire game. But he wasn't alone in that regard.

We certainly lacked what I would call creativity.
Geelong had it in spurts, we didn't have it at all.

Rioli, Allen and Cameron have that spark, nouse or creativity we desperately needed.

Hope you dont mind me posting, I know your hurting.

I admire your club, both of our clubs has risen at the same time and I have zero doubt you will be contending again next year and a few years after that. The loss hurts now, yet you had the worse week in the lead up and I cant imagine how your players felt. Good sides have pride, and your team showed that for a quarter and a half.

Out of the other 17 clubs, yours is the one I was worried about the most, and that is meant with respect. Awesome side. Anyway, I just felt compelled to post as I know how your feeling, being beaten by a lesser side due to circumstances outside of your control. It will pass as you have a lot to be proud about what your side has achieved.

/respect

Thanks. Likewise, Richmond are undeniably a good club, no one can honestly deny that.

Hope you smash the Cats next week. Brisbane are my faves, but if not them or GWS, I'll take Richmond over the Cats or Pies.

Need to learn how to tackle and stop teams who swarm the ball. Against the top teams they always seem to have 2 or 3 more players around stoppages and are able to easily handball their way out and spread. So sick of us guarding space and just throwing our hands up. Players run around us too easily. Look at the hips and nail them.

Yeah not being able to stick tackles was so obvious. Some of their smaller blokes were easily breaking 2-3 attempted tackles. Need to fix that asap.

Yeah not being able to stick tackles was so obvious. Some of their smaller blokes were easily breaking 2-3 attempted tackles. Need to fix that asap.

As I said earlier this year, Cameron's rugby background is really obvious when our tackling sucks so bad. For a small dude, he can slam most of the league.

Agree on the mids.
Yeah I see your point. Be interesting next year. Could see Williams getting a run later. Oscar and Waterman may end up spending a lot of time playing together eventually.

Hypothetical here:

Cameron instead of Petch.

Cameron can kick, tackle and run.
Petch can do one of those, guess which one.

To be fair, Petch played alright today. I still would've gone for Cameron.

Why didn't we play Allen?

Cameron instead of Hutchings.

Hutchings did three fifths of * all tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back