Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will most likely do all that, but not all at once.

Seems like this is what people can’t get into their head.

You can’t develop everyone at once, or you get belted. You need depth and role players.

Clarkson has shown time and again that he will not put kids into the team and let them be slaughtered. It’s always measured and with support around them.
We keep hearing ( on here) that some older guys like smith and Mcevoy may not be around for our next tilt so it’s ‘ OK ‘ to trade them yet then we gonna turn around and fill the list with a 28&30 year old list cloggers? Why don’t we keep everyone until the young players I suggested get some experience instead? Our older guys are going to fetch us 2nd Rd picks only , so it’s not something that’s going to drastically turn us into a premiership threat straight away anyway, so, we give Issie his 3 years and * masten!!

.... you still pushing your Karl Amon barrow Abasi?
He re-signed with Port. Not sure what that has to do with how little chance we have of getting Moore from Collingwood.

To the posters on here who are calling Greenwood a spud ya’ll gotta read this thread below. :$

Again, Henderson was and still is TWICE the footballer greenwood ever was/will be. Pass.

Again, Henderson was and still is TWICE the footballer greenwood ever was/will be. Pass.
Absolute rubbish. Henderson was delisted without fuss.

Did 4 hammies that year didn't he? Issues with his back which lead to hammy troubles
Could not run out more than 3 quarters at Box Hill in the middle.

We keep hearing ( on here) that some older guys like smith and Mcevoy may not be around for our next tilt so it’s ‘ OK ‘ to trade them yet then we gonna turn around and fill the list with a 28&30 year old list cloggers? Why don’t we keep everyone until the young players I suggested get some experience instead? Our older guys are going to fetch us 2nd Rd picks only , so it’s not something that’s going to drastically turn us into a premiership threat straight away anyway, so, we give Issie his 3 years and fu** masten!!
I am not really for or against Masten but if we run with your example, trade Smith for a second rounder and pick up Masten as a FA then, as long as you dont lose anything from Smith-Scully-Henderson outside brigade with Masten-Scully-Henderson you simply moving off money as I think Masten would be cheaper per year and you are getting an extra second round pick.

I am not saying we should be moving off Smith but if your situation is what does happen I would be happy to get the extra pick in.

Again this is as long as they think that Masten can fill the role that Smith plays to around the same ability as Smith and they get an offer for Isaac that is worth it.

I am not really for or against Masten but if we run with your example, trade Smith for a second rounder and pick up Masten as a FA then, as long as you dont lose anything from Smith-Scully-Henderson outside brigade with Masten-Scully-Henderson you simply moving off money as I think Masten would be cheaper per year and you are getting an extra second round pick.

I am not saying we should be moving off Smith but if your situation is what does happen I would be happy to get the extra pick in.

Again this is as long as they think that Masten can fill the role that Smith plays to around the same ability as Smith and they get an offer for Isaac that is worth it.
Smith walks quicker than masten runs!

To the posters on here who are calling Greenwood a spud ya’ll gotta read this thread below. :$

I don't think he's a spud but unless we have to give up something better pick 45 then I don't want.

Seems a tad overs
well, Darcy will be 24 next season(entering prime in next few years one would think)

-Has played 70 games with Collingwood

-Since playing 21 games in 2017, only played 7 games in 2018(3 where he came off early injured) and despite knowing his quality as a player, the coaching staff didn't risk playing him in the finals series. Just about no doubt that Collingwood win that flag with a fit Moore over a veteran Goldsack. Also missed 6 H/A games this year(with at least 2/3 other games him coming off early injured)

-In 2 years after playing 21 games, has only played 23/48 games and of those 23 played he's been injured in roughly 25% of them

-Obviously an extremely talented player, not many better young key defenders in the league right now.

-If you can fix those hammies, and get Darcy playing his best footy, pick 10 is an absolute bargain. If you got a kid that developed into a Darcy Moore caliber player from pick 10, you'd be ecstatic.

-However, trading for injury-prone players is always a risk, and Darcy seems to be on the higher-end of the injury-prone spectrum. From that standpoint it could be argued that Pick 10 is overs. Not massive overs though, just overs.

-Ultimately needs to be determined whether the risk of losing pick 10/Having an injured player on the books for X years is worth going for the reward of a gun young swingman.

I'd take Darcy for pick 10. I wouldn't care if it took the club all pre-season and the first half of the 2020 season to "re-build" Darcy's body to their liking.

If he got healthy and played good footy, I would be so confident in our backline it's not even funny.

-Instantly frees up Sicily allowing him to play his natural role, while Darcy himself could even play the main intercept role if Sicily was injured/moved forward etc.

-Can easily be rotated on-field with TOB. Is a capable forward(haven't seen too much of him there), and a really good defender.

-perfectly fits our list profile

-Doesn't Hardwick - Frawley - Stratton
Impey - Moore - Sicily

just get your mouth watering

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he's a spud but unless we have to give up something better pick 45 then I don't want.

Agreed, I wouldn’t be giving much for him at all.. A 28 year old who is coming out of his peak athletic years. Depth with the ability to play senior footy.

Don't mind if we get Greenwood has a bit of Mongrel about him which we need . It was hard for him to play mid minutes with crouch' s and Sloane all very similar , Get him in there releasing o'meara to play predominately outside.
Why would we want O’Meara to play predominately outside? His ball use isn’t great. Let him do what he’s good at. He will be better for having Mitchell back and another year of development in Worpel. But he’s not an outside mid.

Outside mid is definitely an area we need to be looking at, especially if Smith could be on the move.

Why would we want O’Meara to play predominately outside? His ball use isn’t great. Let him do what he’s good at. He will be better for having Mitchell back and another year of development in Worpel. But he’s not an outside mid.

Because that’s his best position. His ball use wasn’t great BECAUSE he was required to play pure inside all year, not the other way around. This is supported by an 11% decrease in disposal efficiency from last year to this year. He is not pure outside like Smith or Scully, but he is definitely an inside/outside mid when being played in his preferred role. Has more opportunity to burst away and kick goals etc. when Mitch is the one on the bottom of the packs. He will improve next year.

Because that’s his best position. His ball use wasn’t great BECAUSE he was required to play pure inside all year, not the other way around. This is supported by an 11% decrease in disposal efficiency from last year to this year. He is not pure outside like Smith or Scully, but he is definitely an inside/outside mid when being played in his preferred role. Has more opportunity to burst away and kick goals etc. when Mitch is the one on the bottom of the packs. He will improve next year.
Agree he will improve next year with Mitchell back. Disagree completely that his best position is as an outside mid or that he will play that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back