Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOB would actually have some value. His last month was solid.

Brand is an enigma. Clearly skilled yet makes so many dumb mistakes.

I was a fan for a long time because of his athletic profile, but the more you watch him the more you realise how dumb he is as a footballer, clumsy too.

I was a fan for a long time because of his athletic profile, but the more you watch him the more you realise how dumb he is as a footballer, clumsy too.

Would you say that he’s... dumbsy?

I’ll get my coat.

Dare not post this in the main trade thead as it is very much spruiking hypotheticals. However - if we lost Smith and possibly a first round pick but ended up with Petracca, Greenwood, Masten (DFA), Patton and Finn without giving away too much in picks I would be pretty pleased and excited about what next season brings with Mitchell back on deck. If we could somehow end up with another first rounder of any description for this year all the better.

Last edited:
Uhh yeah none really of Sicily's ilk in the Clarko era I guess hey.

Williams was again a surplus, and I think there may have been some off field problems with Anderson that others may know more on.

Would be disappointed to trade out someone who can actually win us a premiership.
Just to straighten this one up a bit, Jed is an outstanding young man who moved to more job security and more opportunities

Just to straighten this one up a bit, Jed is an outstanding young man who moved to more job security and more opportunities

The only thing I remember being mooted from the internal perspective was that there was a view that Jed's body couldn't handle playing midfield and at that time we had too many in front of him playing as smaller forwards. Seems to have gotten his body mostly right these days thankfully for his sake.

The only thing I remember being mooted from the internal perspective was that there was a view that Jed's body couldn't handle playing midfield and at that time we had too many in front of him playing as smaller forwards. Seems to have gotten his body mostly right these days thankfully for his sake.
Jed asked for a trade and we saw an opportunity to get a 1st round pick - we would have been happy for him to stay

I would rather get Hugh Dixon - 20 year old key forward who could be looking to move for more opportunities.

Blakely is good but he’s more of an outside midfielder. Not sure he’s worth pursuing.
Pretty sure Blakely just resigned at Freo for another 3 years

Dixon could be worth looking at, stuck behind a few capable forwards at Freo and seemingly will be limited for chances

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed a few games with hammies this year didnt he?

A couple I think. Has played 21 games and 17 games the past two seasons. Did miss a lot of time in his first few years at Norf, but eems to be getting up there now.

Dare not post this in the main trade thead as it is very much spruiking hypotheticals. However - if we lost Smith and possibly a first round pick but ended up with Petracca, Greenwood, Masten (DFA), Patton and Finn without giving away too much in picks I would be pretty pleased and excited about what next season brings with Mitchell back on deck. If we could somehow end up with another first rounder of any description for this year all the better.
Would call that a big win for the club

speak it in to existence Ned!

I think it would. Collingwood may not be overly happy with it but I think that would still get the deal done.
Could be hill type scenario where the club doesn't want to lose the player but take slight unders to help out the player and also help them self by freeing cap space to retain Grundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back