Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crikey.

I agree with everything there.

What am I becoming?

maxresdefault.jpg
Da hell is that?

Would not be surprised if we do very little in trades this year. Wood to go and that will be about it.

I think Shaw will be happy to work with what we have, anyone traded in will be a player that has to fight to be best 22.

With a fairly even (weak?) draft there doesn't seem to be any real incentive to pay overs for upgrading picks.

With his habit of playing the younger players, I think next year will be a learning the 'Shaw Way'. With 2021 being the dawn of the new era. Although making finals next year should be the goal, I think it might take more time than we want.

There are a few players ooc at the end of next season. I reckon its a good opportunity for the new coach to try out his plans and work out who he wants to keep next year. If everyone wants to stay and plays like it that could push well into finals.

100%.

It's almost as if we prefer to lock in a lower 'ceiling' than back in the enigmatic player who scares opposition and whom can get you many different ways.

Personally I'd be keeping Wood and going with this:

2020 R1(5-8) + 25 + 43 for GWS's 13 + 15.

If however, Wood does go to Freo for 24 on top of the above, who do you get with 24? Garcia?Pickett? Or would you then try to do 15 + Wood + 2020 R2 for 5 (Saints/Hill) + 2020 R3

Potentially netting us:
7>Ash/Flanders
13>Jackson
15>Gould
24> Garcia/Pickett?

Or
5> Flanders
7>Ash
13> Gould/Jackson

That I feel would be best possible return.

Pykie thoughts mate?

I definitely agree with targeting GWS's picks aggressively if we miss on Papley.

What further evidence does he need?

Re-watch the Geelong in Geelong game.

We need a cleanout, not a retool.

Just another wasted year going nowhere.

If these blokes are still on the list at the end of Trade period, we are not serious about improving: Atley, Turner, MacMillan, Dumont and Tyson.

Trading Wood and keeping these list cloggers is imbecilic. I'd even add Ziebell to that list.

Make a stand Shaw, create your own team.
If he cuts as deeply as you want, he will be starting a rebuild that the next coach will finish.

I definitely agree with targeting GWS's picks aggressively if we miss on Papley.

Think we could still do the gws deal and just off load one of those picks for paps.

Just need to be proactive and get on the front foot - the swans are good at doing deals early

Think we could still do the gws deal and just off load one of those picks for paps.

Just need to be proactive and get on the front foot - the swans are good at doing deals early

If they have an interest in Wood, and that's an if, then one of those picks plus Wood could do it.

If he cuts as deeply as you want, he will be starting a rebuild that the next coach will finish.

If that Coach is Simmo, would you care?

I like Shaws but if that's what it takes to win a flag, then so be it.

Apart from Shaw, I’m not sure there’s anyone left in the footy department to give him a call.. :think:
In which case we are handicapped this trade period to get anyone

Who are the people convincing Papley, Frost etc to come over, the soon to be sacked McMahon would be of no use

We need the new list manager now, Rhyce like you said is the only one who can make the calls to players

We were able to contact Frost’s manager, I’m sure we could speak to him directly if we wanted.

For all we know it may have been one of dozens of calls we make and we have no real interest in pursuing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In which case we are handicapped this trade period to get anyone

Who are the people convincing Papley, Frost etc to come over, the soon to be sacked McMahon would be of no use

We need the new list manager now, Rhyce like you said is the only one who can make the calls to players

Mark Finnigan is still there. His title is National Recruiting Manager, took over that job from Bryce Lewis. He was at North before getting that job.

If these blokes are still on the list at the end of Trade period, we are not serious about improving: Atley, Turner, MacMillan, Dumont and Tyson.

Make a stand Shaw, create your own team.
Or create YOUR own team?! :p

Mark Finnigan is still there. His title is National Recruiting Manager, took over that job from Bryce Lewis. He was at North before getting that job.
Finnigan is there more for drafting blokes not really there for list management

He wouldn’t be talking to players from other teams. Only Rhyce and soon the be sacked list manager would. We need someone else in there ASAP obviously Rawlings not starting til after trade period hurts too

The dogs moved on their old timers and traded Griffen for Boyd. Supplemented the existing 23-27 bracket with good kids. Doesn't fit your theory we ship off every bloke in the seniors under 27 for a flag

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't agree with him but that isn't what he is saying.

Getting a bit annoyed with WCE holding onto Rawlings until what, November? Ridiculous. We need him now to start facilitating these deals while everyone else is doing the same.

Papley is the most gettable for us in terms of any name we can lure. I'm gonna be pretty annoyed if we miss out considering we have a fit and available Wood we can trade now while the currency is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back