Discussion Finals Series 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

That's great news, think that'll look a bit nicer given there's no large areas of charcoal like there is on the gws home (still no clash obviously). I like the all-white kit better too.

Ridiculous call if true for Giants to be in white.
Go check the highlights from the 2017 prelim between these two sides. The black and orange against one another looks fantastic in a full MCG.
White feels so 'intra-club' for a grand final. You are trying to market the Giants and a grand final audience is the best place to do it. Why take their primary colour away!?

SO BLOODY UNNECCESSARY
perfectly fine home v home matchups in season with Brisbane and Richmond. But use the souless white canvas clash for Finals games...
It’ll look crap than STK 2010 + Tigers 2017.

Don't get it mistaken, GWS' clash looks clean and classy. But this is just unnecessary and cheapens the whole look of the day.

However in a Grand Final the primary jumper of the team should be desired and fought for until there is not possible way to resolve clash or it looks incredibly messy - eg. 2017, Rich home looked messy vs. Adel home. Another example, Collingwood could've worn clash last year and that would've been the cleanest option, though in us wearing our home there was not real contrast issues and the matchup looked great, with both teams' home being respected.

If this finals series hasn't shown everybody that the AFL has NFI about clashes, contrast, and/or footy jumpers as a whole (the things our players bloody play for), I don't know what will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a pity that the orange of GWS, one of the club's defining brand elements, will be close to invisible.

Part of me thinks home guernsey and orange shorts could become iconic and a differentiator in an expansion market.

Ridiculous call if true for Giants to be in white.
Go check the highlights from the 2017 prelim between these two sides. The black and orange against one another looks fantastic in a full MCG.
White feels so 'intra-club' for a grand final. You are trying to market the Giants and a grand final audience is the best place to do it. Why take their primary colour away!?
How about an Orange back, white front with a black G? If I had any skills I would try to mock it up.

SO BLOODY UNNECCESSARY
perfectly fine home v home matchups in season with Brisbane and Richmond. But use the souless white canvas clash for Finals games...
It’ll look crap than STK 2010 + Tigers 2017.

Those two were completely necessary though. This is more akin to 2013 when Fremantle wore the white jumper when purple would have been fine. Of course that was their choice as they don’t like mixing their kits, while I suspect this is an AFL decision.

How about an Orange back, white front with a black G? If I had any skills I would try to mock it up.

I feel like the current GWS home is a bit like St Kilda's first version of the hot cross bun jumper - it actually made a for borderline decent clash jumper when worn with white shorts, and it didn't take much for us to tweak it into a very good and very effective clash jumper now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back