Rumour Brad Crouch to the Suns?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because we did it for Weller doesn’t mean we are always going to do it.

Different circumstances.

In hindsight, I think I would have done the Weller deal anyway.

Crows will ensure they will get overs otherwise he will at the crows next year.
Which is what in was saying and is the Crows right ad he is contracted.

The crows will.and should go after Pick 2 or perhaps look at something that involves the SA lads.

Either I would be surprised if this happened. I can't see him leaving Adelaide.

Which is what in was saying and is the Crows right ad he is contracted.

The crows will.and should go after Pick 2 or perhaps look at something that involves the SA lads.

Either I would be surprised if this happened. I can't see him leaving Adelaide.
What?????????? 🤔

Apparently he wants 1 million per year and also apparently the Suns have an offer he wont be able to refuse. Would say even with Ellis on $600,000 per season they would still have tons of cash to chuck at Crouch to get him over but is he even worth 1 mill a year?

If we're just rating it purely on ability, I'd be reluctant to give Crouch (can win the ball, but low hurt factor, and disposal efficiency is shocking, considering the volume of handball and not-that-high contested ball numbers. His brother is similar) or Ellis (has gone backwards from the player he was on track to become circa 2014-2015) anything more than $600K per season at max. Obvious GC have cap room and a TPP floor to meet, so they'll overpay, but geez, a lot to pay for a pair of flawed non-AA players.

If we're just rating it purely on ability, I'd be reluctant to give Crouch (can win the ball, but low hurt factor, and disposal efficiency is shocking, considering the volume of handball and not-that-high contested ball numbers. His brother is similar) or Ellis (has gone backwards from the player he was on track to become circa 2014-2015) anything more than $600K per season at max. Obvious GC have cap room and a TPP floor to meet, so they'll overpay, but geez, a lot to pay for a pair of flawed non-AA players.
Exactly that will put them back to square 1 except rather than having all this young tallent that want to move on they will be stuck paying overs for a bunch of half raters

Picks 1 and 2 for Rowell and Anderson
Future 1st for Crouch (which will be Pick 1-4) and a future 1st/2nd coming back to GC (depending on how much Crows think he's worth/how much they want to get out of GC)

Easily done. Doesn't have to be either/or.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide in super weak position if he wants to play nasty just tear up his contract walk to post season draft?

I'm sure given camp shenanigans and his concerns re:injury mistreatment last year he'd have a strong case.....

He can’t do that, would need to sit out the year and then walk into the draft if a trade isn’t organised. There are rules that need to be followed.

Apparently he wants 1 million per year and also apparently the Suns have an offer he wont be able to refuse. Would say even with Ellis on $600,000 per season they would still have tons of cash to chuck at Crouch to get him over but is he even worth 1 mill a year?
I think it's more about contract length with him rather than actual $ per year. He's gunning for a 5 year deal now, if he goes into next year as a FA, but spends another year on the pine he's gonna kill his value completely. If he's only getting an offer of a 3 year extension from the Crows for example, getting the extra 4th and 5th years from the Suns could be worth an extra $1.5 million total (assuming he gets a $750K abouts offer), which is nothing to sneeze at. He gets cash and security and if the worst happens again he's covered.

I can see why Brad wants that, given his history, I can see why the Crows are reluctant to give it to him as well.

What do you crows fans honestly think he is worth? Would you prefer a player trade or draft picks?
Really hard player to value. I would think it would have to be a mid first rounder. I wouldn't be surprised if this is bundled with Hugh Greenwood and pick swaps for luko though

Looks like it'll be a double swoop on the two Crouch boys. I like where this is heading!

Surely they wont take them both... they cant think building a team around mates and brothers is really going to work? They have been trying to do this since the start.. the Suns are clearly missing a fundamental key opponent to the game plan down there

Really hard player to value. I would think it would have to be a mid first rounder. I wouldn't be surprised if this is bundled with Hugh Greenwood and pick swaps for luko though
What would you expect for both Crouch brothers?

Lukosius and Pick 20 would do me .
Thats actually reasonablyfair id be happy both ways with that one. Do you personally rate Lukosius tho or just the hype around him? Would have to look at reloading on mids tho wouldn't you?

Surely they wont take them both... they cant think building a team around mates and brothers is really going to work? They have been trying to do this since the start.. the Suns are clearly missing a fundamental key opponent to the game plan down there
Two good inside midfielders with great ball winning ability isn't a bad way to compliment their young players though

Thats actually reasonablyfair id be happy both ways with that one. Do you personally rate Lukosius tho or just the hype around him? Would have to look at reloading on mids tho wouldn't you?
With the state of our list i would be happy for Sloane , Gibbs , Jones , Smith , Milera , Gallucci , Poholke etc to cover 2020 + with our likely abundance of draft picks we should be able to pick up a few more to give some early exposure to as well .
We will shed some more veterans salaries at the end of 2020 and 2021 so we should have some $$ to target an A grade midfielder or 2 to add to the core over the next couple of years . We need to get the club management right to be able to attract players ... at the moment we are destination stop #18 .
I do rate Lukosius but i think his improvement will be steady until 2021 ... his versatility is something we clearly lack at the minute .
He can play anywhere forward or move down to the wing and provide a nice link up target , upside is massive but whether he has the killer instinct up top to reach his peak is my only concern .
We need to be bold and kick start an aggressive rebuild this off season or we will slide for the next few seasons with no ability to bounce .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back