Fyfe vs Dusty

fyfe vs dusty

• Fyfe

Votes: 87 50.9%
  • Dusty

Votes: 84 49.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah just seems like a bit of a flog and has off the field issues. Fyfe seems like he'd be a great bloke to have a beer with

I thought he was a quiet/shy kind of guy with anxiety and depression issues. Not a flog.

My brother met him once for a book signing and he was polite by all reports. :D

Martin for me for two reasons. His kicking is simply supreme. It is like watching an elite soccer player. The angles, the awareness, the changes in velocity, the weight of the kick. It is as elite as I have seen. Second reason is he can do everything else and more.

But he is prone to clangers with his kicks, gets tackled HTB more often than you think, and does seem to go missing every now and then. Steps it up in big games and when the game is on the line like only champions can.

I am not sure what area Fyfe is better in. Maybe endurance? Fyfe is still an out and out champion.

Edit: How could I forget. Fyfe is a masterful at marking the ball. As good as anyone.

I know who I would want one out in the goal square going for a mark, it certainly isnt Fyfe... Fyfe's strengths are classic midfielder traits. Bloke is just tough as nails.

Dusty, Fyfe and Danger pretty hard to split.

Dusty with the skills
Fyfe with the leap
Danger with the speed

Unsurprisingly in this day and age the one thing these midfielders all share is the approximate size and brute strength of a KPP.

It's hard for me to describe... but Dusty just dominates a game differently. It's like when he is on, every ball that goes near him you would assume more times than not he is going to do something special. Fyfe on the other hand... Ball goes near him.. it's more a 50/50 if if he will do something good or not. Seems to have a higher rate of clangers/give away the free kick - I am not going by any stats, but it's just the impression I get from watching both of them.

I thought he was a quiet/shy kind of guy with anxiety and depression issues. Not a flog.

My brother met him once for a book signing and he was polite by all reports. :D
Fyfe looks like he'd be terrible to have a beer with. Would prefer to have a beer with Martin. Though I'd pass on having Chinese with Martin. But I still rate Fyfe higher as a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can never get past the 2013 GF, was down the end Fyfe was tearing it up in the air but going to water kicking, was a horrible game to watch as a neutral after that.

Castagna like performance

Dusty, Fyfe and Danger pretty hard to split.

Dusty with the skills
Fyfe with the leap
Danger with the speed

Unsurprisingly in this day and age the one thing these midfielders all share is the approximate size and brute strength of a KPP.
Pretty easy actually.

One of them has two premierships and two Norm smiths.

The other two have * all 🤷‍♂️

I know who I would want one out in the goal square going for a mark, it certainly isnt Fyfe... Fyfe's strengths are classic midfielder traits. Bloke is just tough as nails.
Actually, I would take Fyfe if the mark was the desired result.
But Dusty will still win the contest or at worst break even, when he misses the mark.

If the goal is what you’re after then Dusty.

Both stars though.

Does he have two Norm smiths though?

The first should have been Houli's who played a far superior game.

Also, Id bet before 2017 Richmond supporters would have talked down Norm Smiths because only a fraction of the players get the chance to win one.

But now apparently they matter a lot.

Fyfe the best for me but i have them 1 and 2 and it is very hard to split.

People saying clearly Dusty because Fyfe hasn't stood up in the big finals is rubbish. Comparing a 28 year old Dusty in a GF (in a much better team) to a 22 year old Fyfe is ridiculous. The only thing that has stopped Fyfe from being the undisputed best player in the AFL since around 2014 is injuries. When fully fit for an extended period of time he has been the best in the AFL since 2015 for me.

The first should have been Houli's who played a far superior game.

Also, Id bet before 2017 Richmond supporters would have talked down Norm Smiths because only a fraction of the players get the chance to win one.

But now apparently they matter a lot.
Shoulda woulda coulda, didn’t.

Do you even remember your own point anymore? You’ve taken two detours.

Back