List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

they're the ones who gave him a shot..just like we did pickett...saying west coast would have means nothing fact is they didn't
Disagree, everyone knew he was going to be selected between picks 20-30 in the draft... it's not like Geelong selected him with pick 103. The whole "Geelong gave him shot" is a copout. To compare him with the Pickett selection isn't even close to being the same.

Aiden Bonar keen to return to VIC. Would absolutely have him. 188cm 87kgs. Great inside ability and stoppage work.
Beat me to it. This kid is who I want. I hope we’re looking into him seriously and seeing if we can package something up. Giants and Tigers have great relationship in trade week. GF might have fu&@$d that up 🏆

Our trade period strategy should be pretty simple... try package up 38+39+41 to any club who needs draft points. That's they key, draft points are mentioned at nauseam but it's actually not relevant unless the club needs points for an academy player and/or FS selection.

Would've been very handy next year when there are a tonne of those selections.
Pity we don't have those picks next year.Dogs have a few f/s etc.

Beat me to it. This kid is who I want. I hope we’re looking into him seriously and seeing if we can package something up. Giants and Tigers have great relationship in trade week. GF might have fu&@$d that up 🏆
Had a lot of hype in his draft class but when he got games for GWS looked very underwhelming.... buyer beware IMO.

We've got a decent hand for this year's draft. I guess that our strategy is basically to stay put and see what we can get.

Either a pick upgrade or next year's pick.

Don't see much happening for us now.

These Gooses on AFL trade radio are looking dumber by the minute. Still can't believe Sam McClure trashing the fairness of the Tom Lynch FA move!!
Funny how it's ok for May to leave the SUns, but not Lynch.

Pies are dirty they couldn't land him!! I'm not sure how they'd afford him and all their other stars lol, guess if they got him they wouldn't have Beams, but thye'd be paying Lynch more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't laid a tackle in five years. Can't pack mark. Slow as treacle. Would clog our forward line like a draught horse. Let him go to Coll or Ess and make them worse.

he's pretty much a massively spud version of caddy but can't learn new roles like caddy can

Disagree, everyone knew he was going to be selected between picks 20-30 in the draft... it's not like Geelong selected him with pick 103. The whole "Geelong gave him shot" is a copout. To compare him with the Pickett selection isn't even close to being the same.
The comparison is he was overlooked in multiple drafts then selected by a team taking a chance on a mature recruit ...is that not what happened with both of them? It isn't a cop out.. Geelong did give him a chance after being overlooked previously..as for someone else would of taken him is speculation because it's not what occurred so we will never truly know

Our trade period strategy should be pretty simple... try package up 38+39+41 to any club who needs draft points. That's they key, draft points are mentioned at nauseam but it's actually not relevant unless the club needs points for an academy player and/or FS selection.

Would've been very handy next year when there are a tonne of those selections.
Ok, I've done something thinking and I think an opportunity with Freo is a good bet.

Current Draft Picks:
7, 26, 83

They are going to get 6 for Brad Hill, and 22 for Langdon you would think.

Potential Draft Picks:
, 7, 22, 26, 83

They will take the best available players in the draft with 6 & 7 but this is where it gets interesting. They have academy player Liam Henry which is expected to be bid on between 11-15, and this would absorb their next two picks 22+26 (valued at 1574 points). They are better to offload these picks in trades for players then use points for Liam Henry with later picks.

If their interest in Menadue or KMac is real, RFC could offer Menadue or KMac with 38+39+41 (1323 points) for picks 22+26 (1574). Something along these lines anyway, there's obviously many combinations which could probably make more sense.

There's a big opportunity here because keeping 22+26 is not in their interest.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back