Steven Silvagni: Football's Biggest Fraud

Remove this Banner Ad

Sound analytics right there. Wish you had that sort of insight into the other 17 clubs.

most supporters are not typing "we are on the rise" every hour

still bottom 4

Essendon bid on Jack Silvagni.

Sorry to have to point out you're clueless in front of everyone...

But you need to learn about stupidity and exposing your level of it to the public.

yes you really showed me there

most supporters are not typing "we are on the rise" every hour

still bottom 4

yes you really showed me there
Richmond so far has zero wins for 2020 and its yet to be seen how they go.

Am I doing it right?

SOS looks bad at the moment, but who doesn't who has been involved at the club for more than the last 6 months? Everyone carries the stink of the massive hole they've been in going on decades now.

He's not a miracle worker, noone is turning that club around in the next 5 years at least. Badness at the level they have been is just a vortex that keeps sucking you back down. Richmond were so lucky to finally escape it.
This and so much more.

Richmond took so many attempts and finals losses before they broke the glass ceiling.

Feminists and Carlton should look to Hardwick for inspiration.

So we miss out on a couple of trade targets, this means the 2nd half of the season is wiped out of memory now?

We still may get Martin, and natural improvement from the rest of the list should see us in the mid pack of sides next year, somewhere between 7th and 13th.

We went 6-5 under Teague, all things being equal 10-11 wins next year would be my prediction.
Totally disagree. Based on what I've seen, Carlton will slide back to seventeenth next season.

Its probably unfair to call you guys Greece, Greece has actually done something on the sporting field in the past 10 years......

15 years *

Dodoro is right up alongside him. Guy seems so egotistic for such a average list

best players requesting trades interstate

I don't think he's as good as many think.
The Jack Martin one he played well no issue there.

The concern i have is if you know that you can;t get Tom Papley (as he said it was dependent on the Joe Daniher scenario), why would you get involved in something you have control over and waste everyone's time?

You could have targeted someone else our placed energies elsewhere.

It's just incredibly bizarre as to this approach regarding chasing a player they realistically knew they couldn't get and sat there hoping more than anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he's as good as many think.
The Jack Martin one he played well no issue there.

The concern i have is if you know that you can;t get Tom Papley (as he said it was dependent on the Joe Daniher scenario), why would you get involved in something you have control over and waste everyone's time?

You could have targeted someone else our placed energies elsewhere.

It's just incredibly bizarre as to this approach regarding chasing a player they realistically knew they couldn't get and sat there hoping more than anything.

The goal posts moved multiple times during trade week, as is the case every year.

We ended up offering Pick 9 and extra, and Sydney still rejected the move, so we move on to plan B which is bringing a suitable player through the draft - This is where our energy is being placed.

Not sure how much football you watch and I am not saying that Silvagni is a world beater but if you compare him to Jayden Laverde he stacks up pretty well.

Silvagni who has been in the system 1 year less than Jayden Laverde has played more games, averages more disposals and they both average 0.75 goals a game.

One was drafted at pick 20 and the other at 53.
David Cunningham has been in the system for 4 years and was taken at pick 23

Matt Guelfi has been in the system for 2 years and is already statistically better than Cunningham. He was taken with pick 78

David Cunningham has been in the system for 4 years and was taken at pick 23

Matt Guelfi has been in the system for 2 years and is already statistically better than Cunningham. He was taken with pick 78

Hard to register too many stats from the sidelines.

Guelfi is a typical low-ceiling mature ager that Essendon seem to froth.

Also its really quite unbelievable how Carlton can't pick up any decent small forwards with the picks they have been handed out for under performing.

Fantasia - pick 56
Tippa - Rookie
Stack - Rookie
R. Gray - pick 55

Carlton are dead set terrible at developing players.

Hard to register too many stats from the sidelines.

Guelfi is a typical low-ceiling mature ager that Essendon seem to froth.
Essendon's 4th round and rookie picks end up turning into better players than Carlton's 1st round picks.

That's just sad tbh

whos going to draft SOS' kids unless SOS does it?

If you were doing a comparison, Josh Caddy plays that Mid / Forward role for Richmond that Jack Silvagni played for Carlton this year.
Go check out their respective stats, very comparable. Yet one is a duel premiership hero, and in your opinion, the other should never have been drafted......

Silvagni has shown he is developing nicely, has just completed his fourth season as a 21 year old.

Whilst your doing some fact checking, go and compare Caddy's first four seasons in the system to Silvagni's. You may just learn something rather than lame attempts at trolling.

Your ignorance is laughable.

Your ignorance is laughable.

perhaps but stats are very overrated. its not supercoach

Caddy kicked 50 odd goals last season btw. newSOS gunna do that statman?

Also its really quite unbelievable how Carlton can't pick up any decent small forwards with the picks they have been handed out for under performing.

Fantasia - pick 56
Tippa - Rookie
Stack - Rookie
R. Gray - pick 55

Carlton are dead set terrible at developing players.

butler might do well

oh wait, wrong team

They were a terrible side in the middle of a full blown rebuild up until this year. I can't blame him for missing out on Saad, Smith, Shiel, Gaff or Kelly. What could anyone have done to convince those players to move to Carlton over the last 2 years? And Coniglio stayed, good for him.

Potentially going 0-2 when you're really well placed to bring talent in to the club is a problem but wait and see on Martin and they can either go again on Papley next year or find someone else.
It's pretty embarrassing that they missed out on all those big names.

I'd hate to be in their shoes.

Shame you butcher all your first rounders.

Michael Gibbons is statistically a better player than Kyle Langford and Jayden Laverde, to cherrypick our own example.
Langford had more of every stat except for 1 less goal than Gibbons this year. He played 4 less games than Gibbons.

Your players aren't that good. No need to get so upset over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back