The 2019 Jub Jub Memorial Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow premat driving himself out of a co-driver spot next year for sure. He and Scotty are like NZ cricket in the 80's. Sir Richard hadlee bowling at one end and Lance cairns bowling tripe at 100kms an hour off the wrong foot at the other end. What a terrible team mate for scott

Wow premat driving himself out of a co-driver spot next year for sure. He and Scotty are like NZ cricket in the 80's. Sir Richard hadlee bowling at one end and Lance cairns bowling tripe at 100kms an hour off the wrong foot at the other end. What a terrible team mate for scott
He's a Bathurst winner.....

He's a Bathurst winner.....
Do you mean this year's Bathurst? Where he threw the lead away locking up on the straight and letting lowndes give him a lesson in composure? That one? The one where Scotty had to go over and above to claw back to parity and get lucky with Fabian forgetting where the accelerator was? Lol come on bro...

Do you mean this year's Bathurst? Where he threw the lead away locking up on the straight and letting lowndes give him a lesson in composure? That one? The one where Scotty had to go over and above to claw back to parity and get lucky with Fabian forgetting where the accelerator was? Lol come on bro...
He made one mistake all weekend, and it was as minor as it comes. He was the 4th fastest co driver all weekend.

Letting Lowndes give him a lesson ?? You mean a multiple times champion and Bathurst winner ?? No shame in that.

He made one mistake all weekend, and it was as minor as it comes. He was the 4th fastest co driver all weekend.

Letting Lowndes give him a lesson ?? You mean a multiple times champion and Bathurst winner ?? No shame in that.
All I'm saying is when you have fully unlocked the potential of possibly one of the best supercars racers in history in scotty, you can't have him partnered with a nice bloke who can occasionally get his nose in front. Scott has to do the work of two blokes to get through the co driver races. How long can he keep that up? He must be plenty jealous of lowndes and whincup right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I'm saying is when you have fully unlocked the potential of possibly one of the best supercars racers in history in scotty, you can't have him partnered with a nice bloke who can occasionally get his nose in front. Scott has to do the work of two blokes to get through the co driver races. How long can he keep that up? He must be plenty jealous of lowndes and whincup right now.
I wouldn't have thought so, he's about to become a 2 time champion. Ironically he could have been already if he didn't make a monumental error of his own.

I wouldn't have thought so, he's about to become a 2 time champion. Ironically he could have been already if he didn't make a monumental error of his own.
Fair enough. I see your point. So I'll use another angle to make mine. How many championships do you think scotty could win if he didn't have to work as hard as he currently does in co drive races? I reckon he'd be unstoppable for the next three to four years ala whincup at his peak. Working your ring off to gain pole only to have to consistently get past three or four top drivers every single time you switch drivers must be tiring. Premat comes across as a nice guy and solid teammate but imho I'd be saying au revoir don't let the door hit you on the way out

Fair enough. I see your point. So I'll use another angle to make mine. How many championships do you think scotty could win if he didn't have to work as hard as he currently does in co drive races? I reckon he'd be unstoppable for the next three to four years ala whincup at his peak. Working your ring off to gain pole only to have to consistently get past three or four top drivers every single time you switch drivers must be tiring. Premat comes across as a nice guy and solid teammate but imho I'd be saying au revoir don't let the door hit you on the way out
In current form he could have Dale Wood as a teammate and he'd win a title.

In future you'd rather him someone driving a bit more regularly, but his record his still solid enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back