News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

so somehow we are supposed to believe Norwood are staying under the salary cap when they look to be signing Douglas AND they just landed Ryan Bastinac from interstate. add to that guys who would have to be at the higher end of the pay scale like grigg, Talia etc and..well..something ain't adding up
Maybe their hearts just beat true.

Might happen.

so somehow we are supposed to believe Norwood are staying under the salary cap when they look to be signing Douglas AND they just landed Ryan Bastinac from interstate. add to that guys who would have to be at the higher end of the pay scale like grigg, Talia etc and..well..something ain't adding up

To be fair in the 2018 and 2019 off season we have lost 8 premiership players, four that won three in a row. Last season we only brought in Dom Barry.

Glenelg is the club getting complained about the most to the SANFL. Obviously winning a premiership causes more scrutiny but a couple of players that have left have let on what they were getting paid and there is no chance they were under the cap.

They offer other incentives, I know this because they approached my cousin who played juniors there before playing in the AFL only played 10 games and injuries got the best of him, but he got his body right playing at wangaratta, they said would you play at a discounted rate if we found you a stable flying job (as he is a pilot) They couldn't find one and wangas upped to 25k up front so he stayed at Wangas.

They offer other incentives, I know this because they approached my cousin who played juniors there before playing in the AFL only played 10 games and injuries got the best of him, but he got his body right playing at wangaratta, they said would you play at a discounted rate if we found you a stable flying job (as he is a pilot) They couldn't find one and wangas upped to 25k up front so he stayed at Wangas.

It’s very similar to Chelsea Randall getting a job with Adelaide. Or third party deals outside the club.

All clubs down to Div 7 clubs in the local Adelaide Football League do it to try to attract or keep talent at their club.

I don’t think it’s ideal but it is the commercial of the sporting world we occupy.

Rowey said Michael Klinger is a shoe in for Leadership and Culture now George Bailey got the Cricket Australia selection job.
I thought I saw that Klinger was going to get the Renegades coaching job?

Find it pretty laughable that no-one's been appointed for either role at this point, honestly

Rowey said Michael Klinger is a shoe in for Leadership and Culture now George Bailey got the Cricket Australia selection job.
Doesn't Rowey guess a different person every week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maxy has just been announced the Renegades coach.

Another swing and a miss for Rowey.

I know who you are talking about. There is nothing wrong with that, finding employment is one of the top things on the list new recruits are after in all levels of football.

What you can't do is over pay people in jobs. I remember out North there were some really expensive decks built for sponsors by tradesman who played football.

I think the other thing people forget is it can be about lifestyle. For example if you work and live in the Western suburbs you are more likely to sign with a western suburbs club rather than say travelling to Noarlunga four times a week.

I remember a time when the bays struggled with recruits because half their games were on a Sunday. There can be alot of lifestyle factors.

Are 'head of football operations' and and 'head of football administration' two different roles, or the same role that has been re-named? Says Harper has that title in this article

Sucks about Chelsea, too :(

Adding to Brent “Radar” “O” reilly.
Maybe we will get Hawkeye Pierce as senior assistant.
Frank Burns as head of football.
Would have been interesting...

w-pinterest-com-054-5c61-e-jpg.784912

Are 'head of football operations' and and 'head of football administration' two different roles, or the same role that has been re-named? Says Harper has that title in this article

Sucks about Chelsea, too :(

our head of football role has been a changing landscape

noble focused mainly on list management (with others heading up fitness)

Burton more of fitness dept focus with Reid in list management

on top of that both would oversee a lot of the administrative tasks

I suspect without a head of football the onus is on individual Areas more

Reid list management
Saunders/Hass conditioning/injury management

Harper May we’ll be doing football administration work that goes along with these

Oh no, when is he going to start wearing a jesters suit his credibility is shot,wouldn’t even know how many fingers and toes he has

My money is still on Rupert Sapwell. I believe he may have cleared a bit of air around some of his obligations. No idea if this has anything to do with us or not. I don't know him personally so I'm just guessing here.
Surely Rowie would know far more than some plonker like me!:rolleyes:

My money is still on Rupert Sapwell. I believe he may have cleared a bit of air around some of his obligations. No idea if this has anything to do with us or not. I don't know him personally so I'm just guessing here.
Surely Rowie would know far more than some plonker like me!:rolleyes:
Do you know the difference night from day?

Heard from a friend of Burton that he will be suing the club and that he feels that he’s a scapegoat and that the real issue is a toxic culture led by Fagan which will never change with him as ceo. This is a strong source so I believe that Burton thinks this but not sure if just sour grapes
Good get it out in the open and they can all go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back