Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a bunch of old whingers around here sometimes, christ!

Do you actually expect the players to make 20,000 phone calls to thank people for being members?
No but loyalty and continuous support should not be forgotten and taken advantage of.
The club battles and it rewards those who never part with their hard earned willingly and I hate it.

No we haven't. This is the highest total we have had at this point in time. Our previous best was 28,044 which was set last season.

We usually crack pass 30k by early February.
Perhaps people are feeling a little more confident and heartened now that Brad Scott has departed and the coaching and CEO positions have stabilised.

I would be interested if they would get more if the annual phone call was to thank members that had already signed up.

I got one two years ago I think it was, Mason called me, we were in a lean patch and he was saying sorry we are poor but thanks for your support. Was so supprised when he didnt try to sell me raffle tickets

Perhaps people are feeling a little more confident and heartened now that Brad Scott has departed and the coaching and CEO positions have stabilised.

Brad leaving alone was not going to shift the momentum. The club had to return to its core principles. This has emerged, but it still remains to be seen if it is just another stunt to gain support & money.

My 15 month old got a teddy in a north jumper with her name on it and she thought it was awesome! (So do I)

0e457a0f95f2b4548e0255bc0f2eb03e.jpg
Do they still give out the NMFC birth certificates? I got them for all my three, who I signed the day of their birth, and have them framed. I loved the idea.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Brad leaving alone was not going to shift the momentum. The club had to return to its core principles. This has emerged, but it still remains to be seen if it is just another stunt to gain support & money.
It's all about the facade really. The smoke and mirrors, chest beating and grand promises made every year during the off-season to garner interest and build support for the coming season. No club in their right mind is going to tell its supporters that they pretty much have the same prospects for the coming season as what they achieved in the previous season. I think that North have pretty much just endured two of their worst seasons since 1973. We were seriously on the improve in the second half of 2019 despite one absolutely horrific game. One wants to think that we will only improve as we consolidate support in Tasmania, build depth with the VFL, and expand our brand and appeal through the AFLW. Perhaps the new CEO and Coaching Staff will produce better outcomes to bolster and build a hunger in the senior team for the Flag. Otherwise, why would we bother?

No but loyalty and continuous support should not be forgotten and taken advantage of.
The club battles and it rewards those who never part with their hard earned willingly and I hate it.
i agree with the sentiment however the world has moved on,
this sentiment also leads to safe political seats that get no pork.
telcos and energy providers again give no discounts to existing customers.
unfortunately the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A new record was set with the last update. Every update until the xmas and new years break will be a new record.
Hopefully our hidden Army of lurkers and non-member supporters might join in the chorus for 2020 to lay the fundations for 2020 to be somehing special. They might do one more update before Chrissy, but we'll have to wait unil early February for the real figures and trend to emerge. After all when the club's operations close for a few weeks no figures are released.

Last edited:
Hopefully our hidden Army of lurkers and non-member supporters might join in the chorus for 2020 to lay the fundations for 2020 be somehing special. They might do one more update before Chrissy, but we'll have to wait unil early February for the real figures and trend to emerge. After all when the club's operations close for a few weeks no figures are released.
There are a few inexpensive options such as the 3 gamer - get on board you non members. Every membership counts!

How demography helped Richmond Football Club double its membership.

In the last five years, Richmond has been the most successful club in the AFL at building membership. Unfortunately for Richmond this hasn’t been driven by on-field finals success. So what is their secret?
The Business Challenge
Football in Australia is not a typical sports market. It’s not like in the USA where each elite team “owns” the fan base for a whole state. In Victoria there are ten clubs in one state all competing for fans.....

A new record was set with the last update. Every update until the xmas and new years break will be a new record.
Marketing team needs to ‘use’ this appropriately.

Record numbers at this time of year, combined with all the other positive energy (new coach, young guns etc) is marketing gold.
This kind of ‘membership perfect storm’ for a non-finals team doesn’t come around often.

We’ll see hey...

How demography helped Richmond Football Club double its membership.

In the last five years, Richmond has been the most successful club in the AFL at building membership. Unfortunately for Richmond this hasn’t been driven by on-field finals success. So what is their secret?
The Business Challenge
Football in Australia is not a typical sports market. It’s not like in the USA where each elite team “owns” the fan base for a whole state. In Victoria there are ten clubs in one state all competing for fans.....

Richmond has always had a huge following, they just go missing when they're s**t.

They are an original "Big 4" club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back