Scott Morrison - How Long? (Part 1 - Continued in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boils down to this...
It's a bad look and burn him at the stake.
It's a bad look and meh, no biggie.

I'd bet that the vast (voting) majority really don't give a s**t either way, I don't.

Many churches around the world have been attacked by Muslim terrorists in the last decade leaving thousands dead, with most never being reported by the MSM.
What, so you're telling us that editors of mainstream tabloids are actively trying to not sell newspapers?

Your persecutionism just plumbed previously unimaginable depths.

I think it's just further proof of what an empty shirt he is. He's not a leader's bootlace.
That may well be 100% correct... he will probably still get reelected.

**Provided he doesn't fall victim to the recent practice of knifing sitting PM's**

I gave the example of Fortescue Metals above going from such a low grade producer, there was no market to sell their product. Over an almost two decade journey they have created a market for 57% ore, built infrastructure to support decades of projects, shifting to magnetite to beneficiate in Australia to sell a premium product and shifting to solar and hydrogen to power their operations.

The federal government has been working for decades in regional stability measures including currency, taxation, education, health, mining, policing and military. The result has been a more stable SE Asia and growth. Australia has been a leader in trade and property right treaties which brings about Australian/ world best practice to the legal systems to developing nations.

These are also good examples as it highlights governments should govern and set frameworks where private enterprise has the comfort of making long term investment decisions.

And they won’t be scared if Scott did a media conference is solidarity?

No they will still be scared.

They might however feel comforted or maybe hopeful that action is being taken. Might help release some built up stress and anxiety.

However much like you always do, you have shifted the goal posts as at first you were claiming that only gullible people or alarmsts are scared.

Edit: got posters confused.

Last edited:
No they will still be scared.

They might however feel comforted or maybe hopeful that action is being taken. Might help release some built up stress and anxiety.

However much like you always do, you have shifted the goal posts as at first you were claiming that only gullible people or alarmsts are scared.

was I?

are you sure?

please post a link to this fictitious claim

What, so you're telling us that editors of mainstream tabloids are actively trying to not sell newspapers?

Your persecutionism just plumbed previously unimaginable depths.
Should've seen his effort yesterday

Tries to accuse me of singling out women then calls Pelosi a cow. :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

I bet there's a few reporters and opposition spies camped out near Hillsong's new 8kajillion dollar church in NY hoping to snap a pic of Morrison hobnobbing with Brian. Imagine the optics on that! (if that's indeed where he's gone).

Re Abbott and his volunteer work I remember him mostly getting criticized for charging taxpayers $200/day for his pollie pedals and the like. No idea if he does the same thing when he's doing the firefighter thing. Abbott unlike most politicians actually had some interest in his community beyond being elected again or at least he appeared to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Australian put up a brief and positive story, which did not even reach the front page of its website, noting that this was Morrison’s first overseas holiday since a visit to Fiji in May and not mentioning any suggestion that such a long break might be inappropriate at a time of national disaster.

typical leftie, can't present a decent argument so they resort to making a mockery of those with health issues and disabilities. Do you want to have a go at blacks or gays as well or have you been insensitive enough already.

please read before you get a date with the human rights commission.

Id suggest as the leader of a country facing a massive fire that seems unstoppable if it were me id be:

1) going out to the frontlines - visiting them and asking what they need - trying to keep morale up - these guys are fuqued - absolutely knackered - any good leader leads - doesnt fuq off on holiday - this is the same bloke who castigated christine nixon for going out to dinner when a fire was raging!!!

2) leasing 4-5 more large tankers and a fleet of helos - whatever it takes

3) letting the vollies know we have their backs - these guys have left their jobs - some for a couple of months now - Theres blokes from geraldton 400km north of perth over east helping - they have had to come back and fight fires over here now.

id be organising a fund to make sure they arent out of pocket. Its one thing to be a volly - but you shouldnt have to miss mortgage payments etc because you help.

Theres the first couple if things right off the top of my head. Good generals visit the front lines always - they dont fight - they arent sitting there with a steyr on one hand and a hand grenade in the other - they go and they raise morale and find out - unfiltered what the front line troops are thinking.

These guys got it:

View attachment 795598

You are confusing the role that Nixon had in the Victorian bushfires or a General has in war with the role of PM. Nixon was in charge of coordinating the bushfire response and a General is in charge of coordinating military operations. Morrison is not in charge of coordinating the fire response.

We have fire chiefs, police chiefs, ministers and a deputy PM on hand. The PM despite being on holidays would still be receiving briefings and can easily be contacted. All required resources will still be provided, the PM on holiday makes no difference. Your suggesting that he has shown no concern which is wrong he has just taken a holiday.

Your average Australian understands that a PM is entitled to take a brief holiday at this time of year.

You are confusing the role that Nixon had in the Victorian bushfires or a General has in war with the role of PM. Nixon was in charge of coordinating the bushfire response and a General is in charge of coordinating military operations. Morrison is not in charge of coordinating the fire response.

We have fire chiefs, police chiefs, ministers and a deputy PM on hand. The PM despite being on holidays would still be receiving briefings and can easily be contacted. All required resources will still be provided, the PM on holiday makes no difference. Your suggesting that he has shown no concern which is wrong he has just taken a holiday.

Your average Australian understands that a PM is entitled to take a brief holiday at this time of year.

Howard cut his holiday short.... D17F70C5-C1B4-4BBC-8B75-D905A577B220.png
D17F70C5-C1B4-4BBC-8B75-D905A577B220.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back