Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Asked last week and waiting for a response from the club.
One shouldn't imagine so, but people do tend to beat and manipulate statistics for all manner of reasons. As they say in the Army, "Beat the statistics around long enough and they'll confess and give up anything that you want to hear". đź‘Ť

One shouldn't imagine so, but people do tend to beat and manipulate statistics for all manner of reasons. As they say in the Army, "Beat the statistics around long enough and they'll confess and give up anything that you want to hear". đź‘Ť
A military form of the political one: 'Lies, damned lies and statistics.'

I imagine there could be a variation for different industries. [play on...]

Without knowing for sure I would be 99.9% confident that they include aflw members. Why wouldn’t they?
And perhaps that supports the increase on St. Kilda memberships to date this year given the just got their AFLW team this year. Do if we got a bump from oue AFLW team and overall numbers have not increased then we have leaked members from the traditional stream.

Took up the SEN offer yesterday since I'm going to be o/s middle of the year and will miss around 7-8 games. It's a downgrade from what I normally buy so I'm hoping I won't lose my priority 1 grand final ticket status as I've been a continuous member for 34 years. Hopefully the 'system' doesn't recognize me as a 'new' member because I downgraded.
How many continuous years do you need to get the Priority 1 GF ticket status?

And perhaps that supports the increase on St. Kilda memberships to date this year given the just got their AFLW team this year. Do if we got a bump from oue AFLW team and overall numbers have not increased then we have leaked members from the traditional stream.

Well I’m sure they did last year too so we need to factor that in. But yes, we may not be doing as well as we think. I think 35-40k real members per annum can be counted on with a 10k of churning impacting that.

Genuinely competing for a flag is the only thing we can do to push 50k.

How many continuous years do you need to get the Priority 1 GF ticket status?
I just clicked over 30 and I believe it’s now automatic no matter the level of membership. I buy Premiership Club so it was there anyway but it’s nice to know that it always will be if my circumstances go downhill suddenly.

I'd be very surprised if we had a lot of AFLW members that weren't members of the mens team to be fair.

I'd be very surprised if we had a lot of AFLW members that weren't members of the mens team to be fair.
Yeah I’m not sure how they count that. My membership number is the same for both memberships so I imagine it’s unlikely they count me as two separate members, but they could count it as two memberships sold.

Agreed. But we would then count two memberships in the final total so if there is no significant jump in overall numbers then there has been a drop off elsewhere.

Took up the SEN offer yesterday since I'm going to be o/s middle of the year and will miss around 7-8 games. It's a downgrade from what I normally buy so I'm hoping I won't lose my priority 1 grand final ticket status as I've been a continuous member for 34 years. Hopefully the 'system' doesn't recognize me as a 'new' member because I downgraded.
I’ve changed my membership category heaps of times over the years and it’s never affected my continuous member status.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I’m not sure how they count that. My membership number is the same for both memberships so I imagine it’s unlikely they count me as two separate members, but they could count it as two memberships sold.
Agreed. But we would then count two memberships in the final total so if there is no significant jump in overall numbers then there has been a drop off elsewhere.

Yeah it's an interesting point. Membership figures are already distorted enough with 3 game memberships and the like so it would make sense that all clubs are doing this.

I just have a GA membership 5 years continuous - do you know if I will get level 2 priority access after a number of years?
For context the last 2 Prelims we made, the club advised that had we made the GF, the number of ballot entries meant that every Priority 2 member who applied would have got a ticket.
It would be harder now, but it's well worth keeping continual membership.

For context the last 2 Prelims we made, the club advised that had we made the GF, the number of ballot entries meant that every Priority 2 member who applied would have got a ticket.
It would be harder now, but it's well worth keeping continual membership.
Awesome thanks for the info - I have no intentions of not continuing, just cant afford any of the reserved seat memberships at the minute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back