Game Day North vs Bulldogs. Preseason game 1. Welcome back Maj.

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is classic Bigfooty. Watching Bont was like watching Wells in an intra club... :)

Think we’ll be fine this year despite lamentations on here. A good injury run and we are comfortably top 8 at worst.

Maybe we weren't as bad under Scott as so many think, nor will we be as good under Shaw as so many hope?

Obviously its a practice game, and we had a lot missing. But the same applies to the Dogs. Was it a disappointing result, or should I temper my expectations?

last nights horrible display of basic skills as an AFL footballer was embarrassing. My 70 yr old mothers kicking would improve if she was in the system but it appears ours cant & it’s the same players year in year out. I couldn’t give a flying fU&k about losing but at least look like you can execute at this level. Cheers all.

We need to show some improvement next week against Melb then follow it up against Sydney.
I thought that we could flick a switch in Round 1 last year after a dreadful pre season and I was so wrong.
It’s critical to start the season well by smashing Saints in Round 1 which will build confidence. Can’t afford to start the season poorly again.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You'll be seeing this post again.
Garner has always butchered it by foot. In 2017 he looked like an absolute gun, taking hangers every week, and all the talk on here was that he needed to tidy up his skills and he'd be elite. He had the 5th worst disposal efficiency in the comp after round 8 that year, and I don't see any improvement whatsoever since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garner has always butchered it by foot. In 2017 he looked like an absolute gun, taking hangers every week, and all the talk on here was that he needed to tidy up his skills and he'd be elite. He had the 5th worst disposal efficiency in the comp after round 8 that year, and I don't see any improvement whatsoever since.
In his debut his first shot on goal almost completely missed his foot. Go to his most recent game and he sprayed three low kicks to no one in a row. Only had one season where he has kicked more goals than he has missed. It has been a problem all through his career.

Anyone mentioned how abysmal our ground ball game was? I think that plus a rack of poorly skilled players with limited athletic profiles will be the biggest things to overcome this season if we want to be a decent team.

On the positive side we've gotten a reality check early under Shaw so he can spend the rest of the pre-season thinking about ways we can mitigate these weaknesses and tweak the gameplan to create a system that succeeds more often than it fails.

Does anyone have the numbers behind doing well in preseason vs finishing in the top 8? I’m curious to see if there’s a correlation.

Rhyce not a happy camper, that is probably the flattest presser I have seen him do since he was appointed Coach, should be an interesting week on the track, I look forward to reading some first hand reports here during the week.
A few seniors will cop a hiding.

This season is going to be a complete waste unless we suddenly find two classy outside players, a 60+ goal KPF, an elite KPD and a tough inside midfielder before round one.

Higgins, Brown, Tarrant, Ziebell and Wood will be a good start.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another point worth mentioning, was they had more than double the number of shots on goal. Had they kicked straighter (and they missed some gettable shots), it would have been a 10+ goal loss.
I counted just 4 possessions in the first 4 minutes of the 3rd quarter and only about one string of 4 or more posetions for the quarter. was terrible. , simply couldnt get hands on the ball, and when we did butchered it straight back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back