Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m not saying anything that surprising here, but I really think we need to prepare ourselves for Charlie to miss the whole 2020 season. I am not stating this with any inside info or evidence of any kind - the signs just point to this being a longer term recovery than first thought. Fractured patella in an already suspect knee is not an injury to rush back from - especially in an explosive athlete like Charlie.
By the middle of the season, if we are out of contention for the finals I really think we will - and should - allow Charlie the full year to recover and hit 2021 as close to 100% fit as he can be.
Saying all that - he’ll probably play round 10 for all I know.

I’m not saying anything that surprising here, but I really think we need to prepare ourselves for Charlie to miss the whole 2020 season. I am not stating this with any inside info or evidence of any kind - the signs just point to this being a longer term recovery than first thought. Fractured patella in an already suspect knee is not an injury to rush back from - especially in an explosive athlete like Charlie.
By the middle of the season, if we are out of contention for the finals I really think we will - and should - allow Charlie the full year to recover and hit 2021 as close to 100% fit as he can be.
Saying all that - he’ll probably play round 10 for all I know.
No rushing back, no short cuts no matter what. Get him 100% even if it means 2020.

No rushing back, no short cuts no matter what. Get him 100% even if it means 2020.

Totally.
Like everyone else I’m so excited to see Charlie back in the team, but the whispers are starting to get louder that he will not be ready in time for this year. Coming back with no pre-season opens up risks of other soft tissue injuries as well.
Seriously hope I’m wrong and Russell weaves his magic, but I’m preparing for the worst.
On the positive side, it does mean that we’ll either mix it up and go smaller in the forward 50 (I’ve been saying for ages that we’re way too tall in the backline and forward line, it’s at odds with the way most teams play), or it allows more time in the seniors for our most intriguing prospect - TDK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
This. If any doubt bringing back mid season you certainly wait longer and play it safe.
You'd only consider risks in a premiership contending year and even then you still probably play it safe.
He has a whole decade ahead of him. A lot of great footballers miss a year or two in a long career. Rather miss a season when not a serious premiership contender than years when you are.

I’m a little worried. For a while Charlie was venturing out doing handballs etc at training. He’s been unsighted the last few.

Weiters having a fitness test tomorrow to see if he heads west.

I will refrain from posting on Charlie as a lot i know isn't fact but opinion and that doesn't help anyone.
Love your work recently. Happy for you to post those opinions. Sure most would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back