Game Day Practice Match | North Melbourne v Melbourne | Feb 28th 1.10pm @Arden St. [Live on nmfc.com.au]

Remove this Banner Ad

Well be patient.

I watched him being hammered by bloody big guys and he was 15. He's silky but he's not just some junior league star like so many - he's a tough kid and grew up in my home town (so yeah i might be biased)

I like Simpkin too trust me, all I meant was i think Thomas will be better. I hope both are Champions and if Simpkin better, great.

"Thomas easily selected in best 22 before Simpkin.

Not even close."

You categorically said that Thomas is ahead of Simpkin now and it is not even close.

It's fine to be passionate but this revisionist history about what you actually said or meant won't endear you to many on this board.

Yeah Right. How can anybody "Trust" a Banana? Keep on giving us Gems like how Winston was more talented then Carey. :stern look

Tarryn was fantastically tough in a men's league.

Very courageous.

North Launceston don't muck around.

Winston was more naturally talented than Carey.

Tarryn was fantastically tough in a men's league.

Very courageous.

North Launceston don't muck around.

Winston was more naturally talented than Carey.
You are telling us to “Trust You”. How can anybody “Trust” an idiot who thinks that Carey couldn’t kick 50 metres? :stern look

Well be patient.

I watched him being hammered by bloody big guys and he was 15. He's silky but he's not just some junior league star like so many - he's a tough kid and grew up in my home town (so yeah i might be biased)

I like Simpkin too trust me, all I meant was i think Thomas will be better. I hope both are Champions and if Simpkin better, great.

Mate, in no way am I knocking Tarryn. I love him.

The way Tipungwuti was able to turn right so sharply, yet so comfortably at speed, while his Melbourne opponent languished before passing to Xerri in the highlight Giant Roo put up stood out on a rough day. He looked like he had another 2 gears as well. That's an example of why you invest in high quality, genuine small forwards and why you don't play top heavy forward lines.

Last edited:
The crux of our list issue is Garner, Mcmillan, McDonald, Tyson, Atley, Durdin, Anderson, Jacobs and Hall. These are meant to be guys who are taking the next step but most have under 10’s decision making. All of them can have an impact but their inconsistency or inability to get out on the park is what destroys us.

This combined with the drafting of players with limited foot skills and no speed is absolutely killing our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like it or not, we are a very spine-reliant team. To my mind, this season, our spine will be:-

Tarrant
Daw
Goldstein
Larkey - Ziebell (at times)
Brown

Taking fitness into account, at best, we’ve fielded 20% of that spine so far this season. The upshot of that has been a non-existent structure, leading to the inevitable debacle that we’ve witnessed, thus far. I suspect one of Scampers major challenges is to ensure we’re not so one dimensional in the future. That will take time. Anyway, that’s the only way I can rationalise the cluster expletive that we’ve dished up so far.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Of the medium defenders... the worst in the league .... As a group, the instruction was clearly to keep possession and work the ball out of defence, but it's done so slowly that they eventually get closed down and have to kick to a contest at the wing on the centre-line, if they don't turn it over (which they do consistently...).
I don't know if it was Pykie that first alerted us to the slow, methodical ball movement from the backline earlier in the pre-season, but it rang alarm bells then.

If this happens I will fair dinkum spew up. Replace the biggest spud in the side with the only listed player in the league that is worse? Luke McDonald is a dud of the highest order with kicking skills that are substandard for lower suburban grades, let alone AFL.

He is part of the problem, not the solution.

Luke McDonald. Give me a spell!
My default position is to agree with you. But, without seeing today's game (and I won't), if jmac was as bad as has been reported, it's a definite race to the bottom.

Get well soon Ed Vickers-Willis.

Watching the replay is like under 8s in the mud compared to the state of origin game.

It’s almost like one game had all the elite players of the AFL while the other game looked like the second string players from two individual teams that finished in the bottom half of the ladder.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back