Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of the best footy players at local level I've ever known were smokers. Some of he fitist too.

I secretly hope Max ducks off to the dunny during the ht break when everyone else is "taking in fluids" and lights up a f** still.

Some of the best footy players at local level I've ever known were smokers. Some of he fitist too.

I secretly hope Max ducks off to the dunny during the ht break when everyone else is "taking in fluids" and lights up a f** still.
Why not just light up at the back of the huddle like a real man.

Miss the smell at 3/4 time when old Gav and Meechy would come out to the huddle and fire us up with the rest of the supporters, meanwhile 12 cans deep and smoking Winnie reds

Why not just light up at the back of the huddle like a real man.

Miss the smell at 3/4 time when old Gav and Meechy would come out to the huddle and fire us up with the rest of the supporters, meanwhile 12 cans deep and smoking Winnie reds

Same mate, same. :(

Max is in a tough position really:
MFC says: you mustn't.
His local hipster club says: you must.

So he's in a real bind there trying to find a compromise.
The e cigarette was built for such scenarios.

I gave up smoking several years back and I was a pretty heavy smoker too. Giving up isn’t easy. I pretty much ceased drinking altogether because after a few beers you crave cigarettes, plus the alcohol tends to weaken resolve. I’m glad I did because of the exorbitant price in Australia - plus it’s totally not healthy and all. But in some ways I miss it and always will. All smokers will sometimes really, really want a cigarette.

I confess occasionally during a night out or after a great meal I will have a nostalgic cigarette. I still keep a packet hidden away - I don’t like bumming cigarettes because they are so expensive. My emergency pack (emergencies being drunk, well fed or super angry) is more than half full and I bought it in May so there’s that.

I gave up smoking several years back and I was a pretty heavy smoker too. Giving up isn’t easy. I pretty much ceased drinking altogether because after a few beers you crave cigarettes, plus the alcohol tends to weaken resolve. I’m glad I did because of the exorbitant price in Australia - plus it’s totally not healthy and all. But in some ways I miss it and always will. All smokers will sometimes really, really want a cigarette.

I confess occasionally during a night out or after a great meal I will have a nostalgic cigarette. I still keep a packet hidden away - I don’t like bumming cigarettes because they are so expensive. My emergency pack (emergencies being drunk, well fed or super angry) is more than half full and I bought it in May so there’s that.

Sober I ******* hate cigarettes think they are disgusting, after a few beers I bloody love a dart.

As a smoker who has tried giving up serval times I've come to the realisation that I'd be happier with a 10 year shorter life than to actually give up. Good on you if you can do it like you've been able to but it's not for me, get far too agitated and aggressive over things I shouldn't without them. I'm which case I'd probably just have a heart attack and die 20 years earlier. So at the end of the day smoking is actual better for me.

World class mental gymnastics by me hey.

Sober I ******* hate cigarettes think they are disgusting, after a few beers I bloody love a dart.
Interesting discovery I have made - the crippling potential of a hangover is really increased by the drunken instinct to suddenly smoke cigarettes.

Back to Gawn though, I can’t imagine he has more than the very occasional cigarette. It really isn’t a lifestyle choice that would combine well with being an athlete - especially the endurance part

Funny thing being I've given up alcohol without even trying, I never drink anymore, only at some occasion like a wedding would I have a beer nowadays. But that's it. Can't even remember the last time I had a drink. Well over a year now.

As a smoker who has tried giving up serval times I've come to the realisation that I'd be happier with a 10 year shorter life than to actually give up. Good on you if you can do it like you've been able to but it's not for me, get far too agitated and aggressive over things I shouldn't without them. I'm which case I'd probably just have a heart attack and die 20 years earlier. So at the end of the day smoking is actual better for me.

World class mental gymnastics by me hey.
I used a shitload of nicobate gum to be honest. And I haven’t actually kicked that habit. I probably need to take up smoking to replace the gum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used a shitload of nicobate gum to be honest. And I haven’t actually kicked that habit. I probably need to take up smoking to replace the gum

the gum or patches never even remotely helped me, needed the tablets from the doctor to stop me, but then yea, just became agitated at work and replaced cigis with food and put on 15kgs in no time.

the gum or patches never even remotely helped me, needed the tablets from the doctor to stop me, but then yea, just became agitated at work and replaced cigis with food and put on 15kgs in no time.
I’d just do whatever suits you best. If that’s smoking then that’s your concern. People can be incredibly judgmental when it comes to things like smoking. It used to s**t me to tears. I was careful not to smoke around non smokers so as not to upset people who hate the smell, avoided littering but people just love the opportunity to tut tut at you. One thing smoking has going for it as a vice is that you don’t hear of one punch deaths or people being assaulted that come about because someone had one too many darts

After a few attempts to quit ciggies, I started mixing weed into any pouch I bought, so every dart was accompanied by a mild panic attack. Helped me cut back to a few a day, so when I moved onto the vapourizer for the weed it was no problem at all. I bought a nicotine vape too, but never really used it because it was a PITA.

After a few attempts to quit ciggies, I started mixing weed into any pouch I bought, so every dart was accompanied by a mild panic attack. Helped me cut back to a few a day, so when I moved onto the vapourizer for the weed it was no problem at all. I bought a nicotine vape too, but never really used it because it was a PITA.
Interesting technique.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back