Welcome Daniel Jackson, Leadership Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

We've done it in the past though. We got Teague over, we did our usual MO of cheaping out when it came to keeping him. Milburn moved over, so did ROK, if you build an attractive club you will get people who want to move over. SANFL teams don't seem to have any issues convincing people to come over from Victoria, even if they are using it as a stepping stone.

And even with all that, I've said before, there should be enough coaching talent within SA football circles that you don't need to exclusively look to Melbourne to to find a decent coach.

Didn't Teague have family issues that forced him to move?

Not according to Roo.

Roo I have no faith in what he says any more.....and pretty sure it was reported and mentioned by Teague himself that there were family issues as the reason for the return to Victoria. From memory it was either an illness or death.

My mail around us not trying to keep Teague was that he was undermining Pyke and we had no desire to try and retain him.

What's wrong with these players?

They love the guy who's overseen our forward line turning dysfunctional

They vote in the self absorbed, goal poaching NFL fan to the leadership group
Perhaps the forward line would be dysfunctional regardless of the line coach because none of them are capable of chasing

And they cannot get quick entries from clearances because the midfield is one paced

And they cannot get quick entries from defence because most of our defenders cannot attack

Ben Hart may well be an awful coach, but anyone would look like a bad coach having to deal with that mess

Teague is a smart man. Perhaps he made a smart choice to get out when he did.

And it's one thing to hire an ex-Crow who has had success elsewhere, at least they'd' have proven themselves, but in the case of Burton he was an absolute disaster up in Brisbane, there was absolutely no way he was best available and you'd question if any other club would have hired him off the back of what he did at Brisbane (and his time at the Crows has likely sealed the deal).

That is my same concern with Ben Hart, he wasn't great at Collingwood and he has tried to get back to Melbourne and no one is interested in hiring him. So I struggle to see what we see in him that everyone else isn't seeing.
Ben Hart had to get a job on the radio. That's not usually a sign he is in high demand within the industry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very impressive speaker, lets see what he can bring to the club

What the actual fu**?

He got the job because he was moving to Adelaide anyway and has a mutual friend with Fages?

Seriously?
He wasn't really interested in moving back to Australia or getting involved in footy again until we spoke to him.

It seems unclear what his actual role around the club will be after listening to that. Is he just there to make sure the players aren't sad? Is he running programs? Who knows!

Not a fan of the whole "I'm just here for the journey" thing as our culture develops. Yeah great, but what are you actually doing to point us in the right direction?

At least he speaks well and seems competent. Competent at what, not sure. But competent

Not a fan of the whole "I'm just here for the journey" thing as our culture develops. Yeah great, but what are you actually doing to point us in the right direction?

Exactly. Shouldn't he be the expert? Why haven't we got an expert?

Seems like a nice guy, glad Fages has sorted him out with a job since he was moving here anyway.

Oh dear let’s pull him out of the car and beat him to death, maybe we should wait and see if he has a positive or negative effect before we start jumping shadows

I think I give the club a fair go most of the time, but this stinks.

He is friends with Fagan, he's moving to Adelaide to live with his girlfriend here, so needs a job here, then he just happens to land a job at the same place Fages works at.

I think I give the club a fair go most of the time, but this stinks.

He is friends with Fagan, he's moving to Adelaide to live with his girlfriend here, so needs a job here, then he just happens to land a job at the same place Fages works at.
Hes not mates with Fagan at all, didn't know him.

Youd have to be pretty naive to think thr whole AFL industry isnt the same.

Our problem hasnt been that we are a boys club, every club is, its been the fact our boys are rubbish.

Hes not mates with Fagan at all, didn't know him.

Youd have to be pretty naive to think thr whole AFL industry isnt the same.

Our problem hasnt been that we are a boys club, every club is, its been the fact our boys are rubbish.

He is friends with Fagan.

This is 'a job for the boys'. We seriously could not get anyone in Australia with no personal connection to people high up at the club?

They're not getting the benefit of the doubt on this one from me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back