EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally a good word from Turbo. Seriously though it was a great effort by all involved.

Things are turning at Lakeside Turbo. You might even consider us your second team before too long

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Haha can’t see that happening anytime soon but thanks for the offer. In all honesty it’s great if things are turning and you acknowledge things need to change. Always a few bad eggs can spoil the hard work people put into clubs. I know you have seen it first hand but stuck by the club, and I do hope you (and your family) get some reward and satisfaction for your efforts and loyalty. 👍
catch up in 2021 as think 2020 is done and dusted unfortunately.

If the season is off it means we've been in Div 1 3 seasons..... Not many would have bet on that
Haha can’t see that happening anytime soon but thanks for the offer. In all honesty it’s great if things are turning and you acknowledge things need to change. Always a few bad eggs can spoil the hard work people put into clubs. I know you have seen it first hand but stuck by the club, and I do hope you (and your family) get some reward and satisfaction for your efforts and loyalty.
catch up in 2021 as think 2020 is done and dusted unfortunately.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well, Pat thinks we'll start again, but I just don't see it, but I do hope so.

East Keilor coach Pat Christofi has called for suburban football to return in June and says scrapping the season would exacerbate mental health issues.
Melbourne’s six metropolitan leagues, including the EDFL, have suspended the first bounce of 2020 until at least May 31 due to the coronavirus crisis, meaning June 6 is the earliest possible start date.

That possibility would leave enough time to complete a nine-round home-and-away campaign – during which each team plays each other once – plus finals.

Several club figures privately fear the season will not start as a result of the health issue.

Well, Pat thinks we'll start again, but I just don't see it, but I do hope so.

Season will be cancelled. Government saying it’s a 6 month issue. That means August/September will be hopefully returning to some kind of normality. Which means no local football for season 2020

Season will be cancelled. Government saying it’s a 6 month issue. That means August/September will be hopefully returning to some kind of normality. Which means no local football for season 2020

yep agree. End of July start to see some normality not sure about sports though...local footy, probably a write off this year.

Sign ons are legal but must be declared in the overall payment to players. Why would the players give it back , they got money to sign a contract , thats exactly what they did , regardless of any football being played. The money isnt for football , its for signing on and thats exactly what they did.
Yeah, they're legal if you class them as an advanced payment of partial match payments.
I personally don't believe there isn't some club's with a secret book that will have been caught out, and, can't say anything about it whichs baaaad luck.

Sign ons are legal but must be declared in the overall payment to players. Why would the players give it back , they got money to sign a contract , thats exactly what they did , regardless of any football being played. The money isnt for football , its for signing on and thats exactly what they did.
If you read AFL Vic rules regarding salary cap. Sign ons are illegal. So not sure where you are reading they are legal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you read AFL Vic rules regarding salary cap. Sign ons are illegal. So not sure where you are reading they are legal.
Depends where you read. There is old articles and the draft copy from 2016 saying they're illegal, but other afl Vic guidelines merely recommending against giving them.
My interpretation, is when they were first deemed illegal, it's meaning you can't have 2 books anymore, and the latter is that they recommend not giving signons because you're technically giving a lump sum out of your salary cap which leaves you short if the player becomes injured or leaves.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200331-120251_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200331-120251_Drive.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot_20200331-120158_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200331-120158_Drive.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 118
From the rumors I heard floating around the traps Pats on the rev limiter. He's sold the farm in sign on's and not going to get any return on the outlay.
Even if we do manage to play a short season with the proposed no promotion and no relegation it will be all for nothing

yep sure will 2 clubs trying to get promated from there divisoins look like have done there cash....
Don't know the bloke but I 100% agree with Labbad from Tullamarine - 2021 scrap player payments for all Vic Metro competitions.
Some will say too hard to police which is correct(it's too hard to police Salary Cap but we continue to do that), so focus on punishment and the answer - If any club found guilty to be paying players then No Doubt on Punishment - Club disqualified for all Senior/Reserve games for 12 months.
Time to get serious

Don't know the bloke but I 100% agree with Labbad from Tullamarine - 2021 scrap player payments for all Vic Metro competitions.
Some will say too hard to police which is correct(it's too hard to police Salary Cap but we continue to do that), so focus on punishment and the answer - If any club found guilty to be paying players then No Doubt on Punishment - Club disqualified for all Senior/Reserve games for 12 months.
Time to get serious

Word is AFL vic set to announce a reduction of Salary caps accross all leagues for 2021 very soon
It will be a min cut of 50% and upto 75%

So if current div 1 cap is 175k, 2021 will be looking at somewhere between 42.5k & 85k

Word is AFL vic set to announce a reduction of Salary caps accross all leagues for 2021 very soon

So if current div 1 cap is 175k, 2021 will be looking at somewhere between 42.5k & 85k
That's a start . If players don't think it's worth playing then simple answer DON'T PLAY , it's just a sport after all.

It just isnt that simple. Many players this year would have signed 2 year contracts . Clubs will continue to cheat . Wouldnt it be nice to get a couple of those AFL people out of the AFL palace and get them to get their hands dirty at club level before handing down rule changes that they think will work . The EDFL board are removed from club level let alone the next step higher.

And there goes the standard of footy. Simply put the better players won’t be taking the field. They are better off to work there normal jobs or do something else. Some will get clearances in to clubs that come out of this better as they will get paid more. Yes it’s not easy but let’s face it if the top players were getting 50-75% less to train and play each week they won’t be playing. Pretty simple.
Coaches will have to drop there standards and beliefs to allow things they usually wouldn’t just to keep a side on the park. Will coaches take 50-75% less.. haha. You watch how many Walk away. Why do it for little coin. Some will stay on if they love there club but some in it for business will walk..

And there goes the standard of footy. Simply put the better players won’t be taking the field. They are better off to work there normal jobs or do something else. Some will get clearances in to clubs that come out of this better as they will get paid more. Yes it’s not easy but let’s face it if the top players were getting 50-75% less to train and play each week they won’t be playing. Pretty simple.
Coaches will have to drop there standards and beliefs to allow things they usually wouldn’t just to keep a side on the park. Will coaches take 50-75% less.. haha. You watch how many Walk away. Why do it for little coin. Some will stay on if they love there club but some in it for business will walk..
Turbo - It's local football. Standard drops , so what???? The Standards not that great anyway , and that's ok because it's Local Footy. Players & coaches have raped Clubs for too long , $250 is plenty for the best player to be paid , not $1000 plus sign on's ect,, that is ridiculous(unless you are the one getting paid)..
Ordinary/Solid players $600 a game , how does that make sense.
Stop asking yourself why can't this happen and look at ways to make it happen.

Would this really be the worst thing to happen Turbo? Yes i agree the standard may drop slightly but if the main thing you are looking for is a high standard you'd be watching 9 games of afl a week, followed by vfl, wafl, sanfl before you made it down to a b grade edfl game.

Imagine if in 12 months time we had gone back to when there was a lot less $$ at local footy, juniors stuck together through the ranks and played senior footy with each other, and clubs weren't being held to ransom by mercenaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back