Mega Thread Things that s**t me the fourteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took my :dog: :dog: for a awalk down the river.
The bike riders were giving the shits every 5 mins they ringing their bell.
I know they should let you they are there,but I'm that far left there no real need to ring.
The ringing was giving the shits just go around you flogs.
They don't know that you won't suddenly move out in front of them, particularly if you have dogs that can randomly change direction. They're doing the right thing in ringing their bell.

Took my :dog: :dog: for a awalk down the river.
The bike riders were giving the shits every 5 mins they ringing their bell.
I know they should let you they are there,but I'm that far left there no real need to ring.
The ringing was giving the shits just go around you flogs.

I seem to recall a poster on this site hating cyclists using bells. It's a tough one that's for sure.

I agree with MrKK, letting you know they are there. One imagines if they didn't and your dog (touch wood it doesnt happen) veers into their path, and sustains injury, you will be extremely aggrieved, and wonder why notification was not given.

They don't know that you won't suddenly move out in front of them, particularly if you have dogs that can randomly change direction. They're doing the right thing in ringing their bell.
I seem to recall a poster on this site hating cyclists using bells. It's a tough one that's for sure.

I agree with MrKK, letting you know they are there. One imagines if they didn't and your dog (touch wood it doesnt happen) veers into their path, and sustains injury, you will be extremely aggrieved, and wonder why notification was not given.

Yeah I know why they ring ring.
I walked that far left my dogs were on the left side zero chance of getting hurt or veering in their way.

I hear what your saying,.

Yeah I know why they ring ring.
I walked that far left my dogs were on the left side zero chance of getting hurt or veering in their way.

I hear what your saying,.

its a just in case thing.
i think we're all on the same page.

There was a post a few weeks back about self serve checkouts half of them shut when busy etc.

I just got back from doing some shopping at my local woolies half self serves shut but they all have social distancing clear spit screens.
They all should really be open I reakon.

What shits me they won't pack your shopping at a manned check out, so I use self serve.

I work for an phone provider, I had an American come through and asked to help him out on his phone as he can’t charge it.

I said to him I’ll have a look on your account and see whether you have insurance and get a replacement. Checked his account and only had prepaid account.

I checked his phone and his charging port was stuffed. I advised him to go to those Asian booths and see how much it’ll cost to get replaced first or we have a smart phone that is outright. He began to have a b*tch fit about he paid $300? For his phone about 3 years ago and how “he threw money in the toilet”. I told him that phones sometimes don’t last that long and that three years for a $300 phone is a good return.

In the end he bought the phone and I offered to help him set it up etc, but he didn’t stop swearing and the amount of entitlement was ridiculous

I get yelled at on almost a daily basis on the phone from our clients. You come to expect it, and sadly, it's normal.

Doesn't mean it's OK.

But you'll find if you tell them you're gonna hang up if they keep swearing they clam down right away.
Good to hear you really musseled them into submission.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. I think it's about time they start packing again. In Perth anyway.

I don't get it.

I put items on the belt, checkout person picks them up and waves them over the scanner (*beep*) then puts them down. What difference does it make if they put them in a bag or on the other side of the scanner? My canvas bag doesn't have any half eaten bats in it.

I don't get it.

I put items on the belt, checkout person picks them up and waves them over the scanner (*beep*) then puts them down. What difference does it make if they put them in a bag or on the other side of the scanner? My canvas bag doesn't have any half eaten bats in it.

I hearing you.
I dont get it either.

They told me they dont know where the customers bags have been.

FFS where do they think we keep the bags at the local bat cave.

Just pack our shopping.

COVID-19 rules have become a bit of a joke.

Went to Uniqlo today and they had a queue out the front and a door person making sure they didn't go over capacity and doing temp checks on the way in. Good on them for taking it seriously I guess, but inside was the standard headless chook mayhem you see in any busy shop. 1.5m? Only if you cough loudly or pass wind.

I don't get it.

What? You can't even pack your own bag? Get used to it, it's not hard and you could consider it teamwork making the line move faster. What are you doing the whole time someone else is packing your bags?

I find this whole supermarket/bag thing strange in Australia as Im used to having to bring my own bags and pack them myself. It's good for many reasons... Like I save on plastic waste, I put the eggs in a safe position, the checkout person can get more people through faster instead of people looking at their phones like a zombie.

I like you Scotland, but packing your own bag is a problem that shits you...(?)

1st world problems I guess

What? You can't even pack your own bag? Get used to it, it's not hard and you could consider it teamwork making the line move faster. What are you doing the whole time someone else is packing your bags?

I find this whole supermarket/bag thing strange in Australia as Im used to having to bring my own bags and pack them myself. It's good for many reasons... Like I save on plastic waste, I put the eggs in a safe position, the checkout person can get more people through faster instead of people looking at their phones like a zombie.

I like you Scotland, but packing your own bag is a problem that shits you...(?)

1st world problems I guess
Maybe it's lack of practice, but there's no way checkout lines are moving quicker with the customers bagging rather than the staff who normally do it every day. With the social distancing it's hard to start unloading your trolley before the person in front has finished their transaction, so you end up with all of the scanned goods piled up at the other end and the checkout person doing nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back