Mega Thread Things that s**t me the fourteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I do about half my shops at aldi so was used to packing my bags when Woolworths and coles started making us do it. I prefer iit as i unload my groceries in the order i want to pack them, and take more care than they do

I feel under pressure not to get in the way of the next people so i just chuck them in any old way. I'd rather a checkout chick do it, they know what they're doing.

Checkout etiquette. Could be a new board, let alone stickies thread.

How about those divider things? Correct usage? Do I put one in place after my groceries? Or does the person arriving next put it there?

What? You can't even pack your own bag? Get used to it, it's not hard and you could consider it teamwork making the line move faster. What are you doing the whole time someone else is packing your bags?

I find this whole supermarket/bag thing strange in Australia as Im used to having to bring my own bags and pack them myself. It's good for many reasons... Like I save on plastic waste, I put the eggs in a safe position, the checkout person can get more people through faster instead of people looking at their phones like a zombie.

I like you Scotland, but packing your own bag is a problem that shits you...(?)

1st world problems I guess

Its a dumb problem as there is no need for it to occur. They are as likely to get covid-19 touching supermarket items others have touched than someones bags. Also, it doesnt make it faster people packing their own bags - most people are dimwits and take forever.

Checkout etiquette. Could be a new board, let alone stickies thread.

How about those divider things? Correct usage? Do I put one in place after my groceries? Or does the person arriving next put it there?

Person in front should put a divider behind their items so person behind them knows where their items stop (i know its easy to tell but sometimes they havent put all theirs up yet)

The telstra ad with the 2 gay guys getting engaged. Reasons it shits me:
1. Why is he so scared to tell their parents he got engaged to his boyfriend when:
- they are obviously over the moon about him getting engaged so they are obviously accepting of him being gay
- the boyfriend has his dad's number in his phone so the parents obviously know about him
- they clearly like the boyfriend

There are reasons to do ads like that, this isnt one of them

Its a dumb problem as there is no need for it to occur. They are as likely to get covid-19 touching supermarket items others have touched than someones bags. Also, it doesnt make it faster people packing their own bags - most people are dimwits and take forever.
And if I go to Foodland they are still getting the staff to pack bags. Haven't yet heard of any of them catching COVID-19.

What? You can't even pack your own bag? Get used to it, it's not hard and you could consider it teamwork making the line move faster. What are you doing the whole time someone else is packing your bags?

I find this whole supermarket/bag thing strange in Australia as Im used to having to bring my own bags and pack them myself. It's good for many reasons... Like I save on plastic waste, I put the eggs in a safe position, the checkout person can get more people through faster instead of people looking at their phones like a zombie.

I like you Scotland, but packing your own bag is a problem that shits you...(?)

1st world problems I guess
It's fine at Aldi, where they're set up for it. But at Woolies and Coles it's not the norm so there's no ******* room for your groceries. They also don't wait for you to fully unload your trolley. They expect you to unload and pack your bags at the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had it a few times. It sucks. Best thing I find is to roll your foot on a golf ball.
I found this useful as well. After about 10 months of nagging pain mind you. And the bloody steroid shot made it worse I reckon

The baby slept through the night for the first time last night but the toddler woke up twice WHAT THE fu**
Ahh kids eh?

Then they become teens....

The baby slept through the night for the first time last night but the toddler woke up twice WHAT THE fu**

Seems like they’re already in collusion with one another - all down hill from here
:):p

You put it in place after your groceries.
Thanks to all the wise heads. I genuinely appreciate the guidance!

What if the person in front of me hasn't done this though?

1. Break isolation and lean past the person and place it myself? (Have done this, though pre-isolation)
2. Just wait until there is an obvious enough gap? (Have done this - seems most obvious)
3. Grimace/sigh in a manner indicating what must obviously occur? (Have NOT done this #Don'tActWeirdAtTheCheckout)
4. Look at the checkout person intently so they understand they should do it? (Have NOT done this #Don'tActWeirdAtTheCheckout)
5. Upfront, say " Can you please place the divider correctly as directed by my venerable Bigfooty mentors" and refer them to this thread? (Have NOT done this #Don'tActWeirdAtTheCheckout)

Took my time and hoping for a miracle, but have finally succumbed and cancelled my flights to and from the US for January. s**t me part is I managed to snag Emirates First Class Perth - Dubai, then business Dubai - LA. On the return, First on Cathay from LA - Hong Kong, Business Hong Kong - Perth. All for about 450 000 points and a touch over a $1000 in fees. Good news I get it all back, but would have loved the experience.

I don't put a divider down if I am in front or behind. I know where my shopping starts and ends, I know where the person in front of my shopping ends. I am not accidently going to buy someone elses s**t nor let anyone else buy mine.

Thanks to all the wise heads. I genuinely appreciate the guidance!

What if the person in front of me hasn't done this though?

1. Break isolation and lean past the person and place it myself? (Have done this, though pre-isolation)
2. Just wait until there is an obvious enough gap? (Have done this - seems most obvious)
3. Grimace/sigh in a manner indicating what must obviously occur? (Have NOT done this #Don'tActWeirdAtTheCheckout)
4. Look at the checkout person intently so they understand they should do it? (Have NOT done this #Don'tActWeirdAtTheCheckout)
5. Upfront, say " Can you please place the divider correctly as directed by my venerable Bigfooty mentors" and refer them to this thread? (Have NOT done this #Don'tActWeirdAtTheCheckout)
1 or 2 unless you're a dickhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back