Mega Thread Things that s**t me the fourteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all the wise heads. I genuinely appreciate the guidance!

What if the person in front of me hasn't done this though?

1. Break isolation and lean past the person and place it myself? (Have done this, though pre-isolation)
2. Just wait until there is an obvious enough gap? (Have done this - seems most obvious)
3. Grimace/sigh in a manner indicating what must obviously occur? (Have NOT done this #Don'tActWeirdAtTheCheckout)
4. Look at the checkout person intently so they understand they should do it? (Have NOT done this #Don'tActWeirdAtTheCheckout)
5. Upfront, say " Can you please place the divider correctly as directed by my venerable Bigfooty mentors" and refer them to this thread? (Have NOT done this #Don'tActWeirdAtTheCheckout)

Anything to do with 'isolation' or '1.5m' is hilarious - fmd, no-one has the virus and you'll be within 1.5m for a split second. Grab divider and put it down if they dont do it.

I don't put a divider down if I am in front or behind. I know where my shopping starts and ends, I know where the person in front of my shopping ends. I am not accidently going to buy someone elses s**t nor let anyone else buy mine.

I do it based on how many groceries i have and my own opinion of the person in front or behind me - if they look like an idiot/dodgy then ill use one. If they seem like a smart easy going soul i wont use one.

Took my time and hoping for a miracle, but have finally succumbed and cancelled my flights to and from the US for January. s**t me part is I managed to snag Emirates First Class Perth - Dubai, then business Dubai - LA. On the return, First on Cathay from LA - Hong Kong, Business Hong Kong - Perth. All for about 450 000 points and a touch over a $1000 in fees. Good news I get it all back, but would have loved the experience.
You might have just given up a first class seat to witness the end of an empire

What? You can't even pack your own bag? Get used to it, it's not hard and you could consider it teamwork making the line move faster. What are you doing the whole time someone else is packing your bags?

I find this whole supermarket/bag thing strange in Australia as Im used to having to bring my own bags and pack them myself. It's good for many reasons... Like I save on plastic waste, I put the eggs in a safe position, the checkout person can get more people through faster instead of people looking at their phones like a zombie.

I like you Scotland, but packing your own bag is a problem that shits you...(?)

1st world problems I guess

You've totally missed my point.

I pack my own bag 90% of the time because I don't buy that many items and use the self serve checkout. And that's how it works at my local IGA also which is pretty small. Doesn't bother me at all unless I get the "unexpected item in bagging area" in which case I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds...

Standard practice at Coles/Woolies is you put all your stuff on the belt, the checkout person scans them and puts them into the bags. It's only due to COVID-19 that they stopped doing bagging. But the checkout person still touches every item you place on the belt. I don't get what benefit they think they are getting out of the whole setup. Other than face to face contract (they have those plastic shield things up now) the biggest risk is me handling stuff then them handling stuff 5 minutes later. The risk of transmitting a virus via a bag that has been sitting in the boot of the car or bottom of the pantry is pretty low.

You've totally missed my point.

I pack my own bag 90% of the time because I don't buy that many items and use the self serve checkout. And that's how it works at my local IGA also which is pretty small. Doesn't bother me at all unless I get the "unexpected item in bagging area" in which case I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds...

Standard practice at Coles/Woolies is you put all your stuff on the belt, the checkout person scans them and puts them into the bags. It's only due to COVID-19 that they stopped doing bagging. But the checkout person still touches every item you place on the belt. I don't get what benefit they think they are getting out of the whole setup. Other than face to face contract (they have those plastic shield things up now) the biggest risk is me handling stuff then them handling stuff 5 minutes later. The risk of transmitting a virus via a bag that has been sitting in the boot of the car or bottom of the pantry is pretty low.

Its like any store and their covid-19 rules - all PR/cosmetic and all do nothing.

I do laugh at the girl spraying and cleaning baskets with glen20 - what a way to spend your day at work - or the people offering hand sanitizer as you walk through the door, i always just scoff and say 'no thanks mate'

It would be easy to walk out of Kmart or Target with a few extra items these days, the person who normally checks the receipt is too busy counting how many enter or leave the shop. just laughable

Most people that work in retail just want to get through the day without getting Karened. Felt sorry for the girl at Uniqlo telling people over and over 'we are at capacity, I can let you in when someone comes out'. She does that, she'll get abuse from Joe Public. She doesn't, she'll probably have some manager up her arse. The shop gets caught over capacity, well I don't know if anyone is policing that.

Most people that work in retail just want to get through the day without getting Karened. Felt sorry for the girl at Uniqlo telling people over and over 'we are at capacity, I can let you in when someone comes out'. She does that, she'll get abuse from Joe Public. She doesn't, she'll probably have some manager up her arse. The shop gets caught over capacity, well I don't know if anyone is policing that.

I wonder if its like a head-count in footy - police come in, lock the store down and count everyone, searching isles for anyone hiding who may push them over the set limit.

I do it based on how many groceries i have and my own opinion of the person in front or behind me - if they look like an idiot/dodgy then ill use one. If they seem like a smart easy going soul i wont use one.

how does your opinion of how a person looks or behaves impact on you putting your groceries down

JB Hifi was doing the same
Boomer leaves the store
Security let’s next person in - this continues for couple of minutes
Boomer returns with water bottle in hand - walks straight to the front of the line, eyeballed security and You could see he was waiting for security to make a scene and he just continues staring and walks straight in
Security ignores him, turns to line and says “sorry folks, there’s always one

I felt sorry for the guy because it’s obvious it’s not the first time and he certainly doesn’t get paid enough to a) get into a fight but b) potentially exposed (and yes I Know risk is minimal)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the new store system they have in the US where you run into the store, grab whatever s**t you want and then run out again without paying for it.

It's totally contactless unless you get grabbed by the cops on the way out and put in a chokehold.

Boomer returns with water bottle in hand - walks straight to the front of the line, eyeballed security and You could see he was waiting for security to make a scene and he just continues staring and walks straight in

Some people seem to born with an inbuilt need to create a scene and make situations combative.

I got a haircut yesterday. Walked in, saw it was empty and the guy served me straight away to give him something to do. I've walked into a hairdresser before and been told they are fully booked for the rest of the day. No problem, I didn't make an appointment so I'll continue on my way. I've also walked in and sat down in a queue of 3-4 other people and waited. Some people will make those situations into drama like somehow it's the hairdresser's fault for not keeping a spot available every hour in case you happen to walk in.

Boomers tend to be the worst for expecting special treatment, millennials the worst for waiting for anything.

I like the new store system they have in the US where you run into the store, grab whatever s**t you want and then run out again without paying for it.

It's totally contactless unless you get grabbed by the cops on the way out and put in a chokehold.

There is a hint of irony in rioters looting a store called Target in response to police brutality.

The bigger irony is white "protestors" destroying the property and businesses of black people in this madness

Americans as a general rule don't know how to protest. It always gets out of hand and they always ending up destroying s**t unnecessarily.

If you loot and burn down a Target in a poor neighbourhood all you are doing is hurting the community of people who work and shop there. The Target corporation (who aren't the police and didn't kill George Floyd) will have insurance for all their stores and will bounce back fine.

Americans as a general rule don't know how to protest. It always gets out of hand and they always ending up destroying s**t unnecessarily.

If you loot and burn down a Target in a poor neighbourhood all you are doing is hurting the community of people who work and shop there. The Target corporation (who aren't the police and didn't kill George Floyd) will have insurance for all their stores and will bounce back fine.

For every genuine protester there is probably a hundred people that don't give a s**t about the protest and are just using it as an excuse to damage property and steal s**t, it was the same with the LA riots back in the early 90s.

Last edited:
For every genuine protester there is probably a hundred people that don't give a s**t about the protest and are just using it as excuse to damage property and steal s**t, it was the same with the LA riots back in the early 90s.

What do we want? Justice for police brutality against Rodney King!
What are we going to do? Take to the streets!
Who are we going to target? The Korean community!

Wait, wat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back