Play Nice 2020 Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, I think we've got the point that not every midfielder has to be blisteringly fast.

...for the record Brett Peake was really quick.
I believe Chris25 is still a member of the Clayton Hinkley fan club

Lobb definitely justified the draft picks now Hogan, from Neale’s trade, to fire up and it’s a sensational piece of trading..
Remember how when the trade happened most of the people here (including me) thought we were paying way overs for Lobb. I think lots of us should be wiping the egg off our faces. Excellent trade in hindsight.

Remember how when the trade happened most of the people here (including me) thought we were paying way overs for Lobb. I think lots of us should be wiping the egg off our faces. Excellent trade in hindsight.
I seem to remember Deathly was adamant at the time that Lobb would be a better pickup than Hogan - picked it like a nose!

Lobb has been our best pick up in a while, super important to us moving up the ladder IMO.
Always shat on for our trading history, our last few years have been amazing. Joel Hamling for pick 35 was a pretty decent deal too and Brad Hill for 23, Cam McCarthy and a whole range of picks for pick 3. 2016 was a good year for us, as were the players we picked up. Logue, Darcy, Cox, Ryan. We nailed that year. Only Shane Kersten was a bust. 2017 super-trade and subsequent draft was pretty good for us too. (thanks Lachie Weller). And if we can get Hogan up and going 2018 looks pretty good on paper also. 2019 we also nailed. All since Belly took over. Pretty astute man that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always shat on for our trading history, our last few years have been amazing. Joel Hamling for pick 35 was a pretty decent deal too and Brad Hill for 23, Cam McCarthy and a whole range of picks for pick 3. 2016 was a good year for us, as were the players we picked up. Logue, Darcy, Cox, Ryan. We nailed that year. Only Shane Kersten was a bust. 2017 super-trade and subsequent draft was pretty good for us too. (thanks Lachie Weller). And if we can get Hogan up and going 2018 looks pretty good on paper also. 2019 we also nailed. All since Belly took over. Pretty astute man that.

Hogan deal has question marks.

Agree with most of this. You really need to go well for 5 or 6 years, and then hope you can keep everyone together and wait 3 or 4 years for the players to mature.

Looking back, the last 4 have been pretty good, we really need the next 2 or 3 to be good as well.

Gee that SA team was stacked. Valente was meant to be late first round/early second. Stoked he slid to us. If he develops nicely, would definitely be a great midfield core of Brayshaw, Cerra, Valente, Young and Serong (Sturt could be a winger later on..)
Sturt could be Gunston

I hope you don't mean running out on the club that drafted him as soon as possible

I can't find the video now, but he was pretty happy to run out on his mum at the first chance so he's got form.

I can't find the video now, but he was pretty happy to run out on his mum at the first chance so he's got form.

Gunston or Sturt?

Gunston is a massive entitled sook - can play though.

Gunston or Sturt?

Gunston is a massive entitled sook - can play though.

Sturt. Can't find video, since it looks like the journo who posted it deleted the Tweet at some stage, but it's referenced here:

There was one more draftee who is also happy with long distances – Sam Sturt, who Fremantle plucked out of the Dandenong Stingrays.

“I couldn’t be happier, to be honest,” he said of going to Perth.

“I just really wanted to get away from home.”

Cut to a shot of his mum and dad gasping in shock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back