Opinion MODERATE ideas for a 'fairer' AFL without the hyperbole of VIC & non-VIC trolls. TROLLS FROM BOTH SIDES PLEASE KEEP OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

No sh*t but currently only 4 clubs are doing it. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for everyone. With Vic results timing is right to move them to hubs
That's what I'm saying though even now it's a bandaid with 4 clubs and the goal is to get them back to normal as soon as possible. Much harder to do with 10 clubs for a longer, undefined period if VIC continues to be a hotspot. I just don't think its realistic for a full season.

Don't need to cancel, they need to relocate the Vic teams to the cleaner states. At least until mid August

or just convince those grubby Victorians to shower and put on clean underwear occasionally

I don't have any solutions that would help collingwood though

1) None of the current stats explain how the AFL were to have the information 1-2 months ago when they were planning
2) COVID 19 is likely to spread again in all states over the next few months. There's no reason why SA or WA would be immune to that.
3) When looking at total cases by population VIC is not on top. When looking at active cases by population VIC is not on top. I really don't know what is beneath your assertion that it was "the worst place to restart the league" (aside from your anti-VIC bias, of course).
When this decision was made victoria that week had more local transmissions than wa did the week we went into a stringent lockdown and closed the borders both externally and created borders internally.

since then every week you have continued to have more local transmissions each week than we have had total.

1CF618E0-4FE7-48B6-9701-8E77D41666FD.jpeg
We have currently 2 active cases. None are local or community transmission

south australia has zero active cases

Victoria has 110 active cases -

I dont give a flying fck about US sports

What in effect you are calling for is for people to lose their club that has existed for 100 years

There's history and links that can't be just swept away by accountants without significant pain
The clubs dont disappear - they become part of a second tier league.

like what happened to our teams when the afl started - we still follow them - they arent gone.

As usual we sacrificed while victorians dont have togive up anything (excepting fitzroy fans)

their other option to continue would be to move

Tassie devils

Gold coast xxxxx’s

that way they are still part of the top tier, you still can watch them on fox/fta and as a victorian can still watch them live a number of times per year.

Wow this is a big whinge.

The AFL are doing the fixture in 4 round blocks for the uncertainty of what lies ahead.

They have done a good job getting the league up and running.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbing genuine tears of laughter out of my eyes reading this thread. Never change you odd little Western Australians.

Wow this is a big whinge.

The AFL are doing the fixture in 4 round blocks for the uncertainty of what lies ahead.

They have done a good job getting the league up and running.
Ooh yes - great job, two weeks in and as was predicted when they came out with this backwards arse plan of putting a hub in bat aids central we have a positive test for covid.

*slow claps

E7FDFCAC-B661-468C-AD4E-008C03D60A61.jpeg
my facebook the day the plan was announced.....

Ooh yes - great job, two weeks in and as was predicted when they came out with this backwards arse plan of putting a hub in bat aids central we have a positive test for covid.

*slow claps

View attachment 896592
my facebook the day the plan was announced.....
No one cares about your Facebook.

stop whinging. The season will get finished, there will be a grand final and premier.

You will look like a fool by the end of the year.

Just cancel the season already. Player tested positive and blowing his nose everywhere. Yet they continue to put players at risk because of money.

If any of the players had any brains they would tell their clubs they sitting out the season for their familys and their own safety. One player with covid is enough to not processed with this rabble of this season.

It's not good to watch anyway. The players know it's a joke of a season and Every game I've seen so far has been a complete borefest. AFL is putting players at risk for their own pockets. The league is becoming pretty pathetic each week that goes on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Great season if you aren’t an eagles fan friend.

stop whinging. The season will get finished, there will be a grand final and premier.

You do realise that the way victoria is headed atm your chief medical officer has said you will almost certainly have a second wave.

you do realise it wasnt the afl that canned the season first time round - it was social distancing regulations

You do realise if social distancing regulations come in again in victoria......

We could stop all this infighting if you go back to your VFL and we have an NFL. We can have a genuine 3 game All Star carnival each year too. The current AFL is rotten to the core.

The season shouldnt be cancelled. That's just a ridiculous statement and that west coast supporter must be a muppet to think that.

But we are definitely on the verge of it being suspended because of the Vic cases. Vic teams will have to leave Vic for a hub.

There is not a single sporting league that I can think of, globally, that has relocated everyone to a single region away from the big cities.

It's simply too pie-in-the-sky an undertaking, and not worth it - having to relocate absolutely everyone, the medical staff, the umpires, the runners, the coaches, the players, the broadcasters, the journos, everyone. Not to mention the impact on players' families, just to play footy - partners having to take significant time out of their careers, kids with their parents absent for months - it's not worth it.
The NBA.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back