2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

******* lol. So McKenna is forced into isolation and the AFL conveniently decide he can serve his suspension concurrently.

Absolute bullshit again by the AFL. Given he was never allowed to play in isolation it should have been a 1 match suspension after that point.

This league is a total joke

Hang on, didn't our guys get off completely?

The Nicky Winmar comments where they dismissed that his iconic lift the shirt up moment was about race is what drove that.

Can you understand that? Even if they're right, even if Nicky himself told them back in the day it was misunderstood, there's no way that horse gets back in the stable. And why care, why try and 'correct' the record, what is to be gained? I just cannot understand what was going through their heads.

VicHealth has asked for help from SA Health and SA Health staff and offered to pay accommodation costs for staff to help with testing. It’s up to the staff if they go or not.
QLD is sending down 200 nurses and our Deputy Chief Medical Officer. We all want to help this get better.

Time to strip Collingwood of their first and second round draft picks, suspend Nathan Buckley and for good measure I reckon suspend Sidebottom for the rest of the season.

And fine them $100,000

So they're accusing the club of deliberately breaking the rules to gain an advantage then? Wow, seemed a little more like the Bomber guy's utensil up, with a bit of extra mayo and drunkenness thrown in. But team cheating, seems a difficult angle to run with. Like our utensil up, I doubt the Pies will get stung based on that and it will only be Steele for his deliberate breach and he'll get a couple of games, none suspended.

I still don't see the point in this season.

It's quickly turning into a joke and even if there's a premier it's always going to be remembered as the COVID cup and have the world's biggest asterisk against it.

No one is ever going to take this year's flag seriously.

Friend of mine in Perth years ago was in an accident near UWA. It was his fault, however the other driver was pissed, police attended.

He got his car fixed. Other bloke got nix, bar a massive repair bill

Would be interested to know the legal reality there. Driving over the limit breaches the contract with your insurer, so they no longer represent your interests, which they only do to recover their loss. His being over the limit might mitigate some of your friend's liability, but I can't see how it would void it altogether if your friend demonstrably caused his loss. You'd be going up against an insurance company, but I would expect the law would be on your side.

Would be interested to know the legal reality there. Driving over the limit breaches the contract with your insurer, so they no longer represent your interests, which they only do to recover their loss. His being over the limit might mitigate some of your friend's liability, but I can't see how it would void it altogether if your friend demonstrably caused his loss. You'd be going up against an insurance company, but I would expect the law would be on your side.
Probably. My mates insurance company told the driver he was pissed and wouldn't payout on his claim. His insurance company wouldn't payout on his claim because he was pissed.

His only chance of recovering repair costs was directly from my mate, who had no legal obligation to cover the costs

They didn't. Our penalty was for an inadvertent breach of the rules. Not a deliberate breach for the purpose of gaining advantage. We got the same penalty as Wines.
Meant touted by the media as a competitive advantage.

AFL penalty was fair. We did break one of their rules.

But the sensationalist click bait was ridiculous given the actual rule we broke.

Especially compared to the AFL sanctioned advantage Vic clubs are getting staying home and not being farmed out to hubs for weeks at a time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It's quickly turning into a joke and even if there's a premier it's always going to be remembered as the COVID cup and have the world's biggest asterisk against it.

Except for the team that wins it. They won't give a * what we think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VicHealth has asked for help from SA Health and SA Health staff and offered to pay accommodation costs for staff to help with testing. It’s up to the staff if they go or not.
Maybe if Ms VanDeimen spent less time texting and more time on the job the Vics may have not needed help.

Probably. My mates insurance company told the driver he was pissed and wouldn't payout on his claim. His insurance company wouldn't payout on his claim because he was pissed.

His only chance of recovering repair costs was directly from my mate, who had no legal obligation to cover the costs
If he caused the accident, he could have been sued. Probably the guy didn't have the money (and contributory negligence might have been a factor).

My view is that we should just play the whole thing in QLD. That way the only * is if a QLD side wins it and we get our pick 1. Plus there's a Cairns, 6 teams playing out of each stadium.

Does anybody else's iPad keep inserting a ******* 'a' in front of every name that they capitalise?

His claim is against your mate. If your mate lost the argument in court, your mate would then have claim against his insurer unless he breached the contract by his actions. Driving recklessly or something like that. If your mate caused his loss, then I expect he would have a legitimate claim against him. If I legally walk across a pedestrian crossing pissed as a newt and a sober driver under a green light turns left and cleans me up, do you think that my drunkenness voids his duty to give way to me at that crossing?

Now they're pulling out the "compassionate reasons" excuse for Sidebottom.

What a pathetic organisation the AFL is.

Can you understand that? Even if they're right, even if Nicky himself told them back in the day it was misunderstood, there's no way that horse gets back in the stable. And why care, why try and 'correct' the record, what is to be gained? I just cannot understand what was going through their heads.

Not at all. The inability to read the room is staggering. Especially what, 30 years after the event just because there is a black lives matter protest existing concurrently.

Like, I get Sam is mentally done and offers nothing of note to any modern-day issue, but Sheehan involvement is just extremely disappointing. Though, I don't mind Fox sports move of ditch the podcast or find other employment. Probably the deserved consequence.

His claim is against your mate. If your mate lost the argument in court, your mate would then have claim against his insurer unless he breached the contract by his actions. Driving recklessly or something like that. If your mate caused his loss, then I expect he would have a legitimate claim against him. If I legally walk across a pedestrian crossing pissed as a newt and a sober driver under a green light turns left and cleans me up, do you think that my drunkenness voids his duty to give way to me at that crossing?
Walking around under the influence isn’t offence. Driving pissed is.

The point in this season (for us) is the draft picks we're in line for - very important to us at this stage. The bigger the shift away from the normal ladder finish and draft conduct, the worse it's likely to affect us. Imagine maybe a lottery style draft, averaging results from last year, ... if they don't think they have results to justify a draft order.

On the bright side, at least we have two r1 picks which should help if a lottery style draft is held. If they take that away (our GWS r1 pick), then it should be pitchforks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back