Game Day Round 5, 2020: Carlton v St.Kilda *BUTLER & HOWARD 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a keydefender mate, you'd be silly to grade his games on his kicks and hand balls.

He's got 12 coaches votes so clearly the coaches think he's playing well.

I'm guessing you haven't actually watched a Carlton game?
Coaches votes? - don't forget that no matter how crap the game is the coaches still have to give votes.

Levi Casboult got 9 votes for spectacular game against the Cats - 11 disposals, 8 hitouts and two goals. Last week Rowan Marshall didn't get a vote for a 15 possession, 25 hitout and 2 goal game against the Tiges.

In a s*** game the least s*** get the votes - doesn't mean they are playing well.

Yeah OK - well Weitering must have been really crap early on then if 12 possessions and 4 marks a game is considered career best form from your CHB. Carlisle is AA if that's the case.

Jones - he's averaging 4 possessions a game the last 3 games. Nathan Brown was doing that in a canter last year and virtually everyone wanted him moved on because they reckon he wasn't attacking enough.

Someone get this man in line smh.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Coaches votes? - don't forget that no matter how crap the game is the coaches still have to give votes.

Levi Casboult got 9 votes for spectacular game against the Cats - 11 disposals, 8 hitouts and two goals. Last week Rowan Marshall didn't get a vote for a 15 possession, 25 hitout and 2 goal game against the Tiges.

In a s*** game the least s*** get the votes - doesn't mean they are playing well.

Interesting way to look at it.

Or you could say that those 6-7 players were the best on the day out of 44. As judged by people who know a lot more about the game than we do.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

When he wasn't named Round 1 I was pretty surprised. He's had that many injuries and off field issues that the worry is there. He's gonna be pushing hard this year knowing it's probably his last chance at a good contract.

Don't get me wrong Snake's probably my favourite player in full flight but it's a hell of a rollercoaster.

His off field issue there was that both his grandparents passed away in a short period of time apparently and he hadn’t done all the training required.
I think people tend to think the worst of him due to one stupid Snapchat video and one episode where he overslept.
Injuries he can’t help but it’s not like he’s often caught wandering outside in his jocks “disoriented” 🙄

Spent all of 2019 injured. When he got a go in 2018 he made the most of it:

View attachment 904324

But yeah you'd think with our surplus of tall defenders (Joyce, Austin, Clav, Brown) that at least a couple of those are gone.

Please stop with the facts. 26 disposals and 14 marks is useless!

Seriously though, i'd like to see if Austin can get back to 2018 form with a good run with injury before we move him on.

Can someone explain to me how jack newnes stats have gone even more backwards?

10 disposal and 1.5 tackles a game? Omegalul
Let’s not rag him, he was a loyal servant of the club until he was chopped and started bagging us over summer. Clearly the Richo era stank and left a bad taste in ex players mouths. If we bag him he will dominate knowing our luck!

And a falcon...match winning falcon
No one does a falcon like our own CaptainRisky :p

0uW8Yt8pj99E8fOHQpizcysx4tZPqB_Q9-4RZumhU0pwwY3M1gh9_3PqDFxFYzPq1aI=s630-fcrop64=1,058b0479f7eef8d5

Marshall didn't get votes because he was beaten by Nankervis

Casboult played quite well that game actually.

Don't forget Butler was best on for us with similar stats last week.

I'm more interested in watching the game rather than just looking at disposals.

How many kicks or handballs Weitering gets will have little impact on how many goals King kicks.

Last edited:
Marshall didn't get votes because he was beaten by Nankervis

Casboult played quite well that game actually.

I'm more interested in watching the game rather than just looking at disposals.

How many kicks or handballs Weitering gets will have little impact on how many goals King kicks.

Great call on this...

Gary Rohan had 10 possessions in that game and was very influential...more so than just about all other Geelong players, many of whom had much higher numbers than him...

He's way too loose as a tall defender.
He is probably ok as a rebounding defender ( ie Roberton, Savage, ) , but still not accountable enough imo.
Probably not suitable for a role in the midfield or forward line.

You do realise he was a gun spoiler at Port before he reached our club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway, whether King kicks a couple of goals or not, he's got a huge role for us tonight.

As long as he competes in the air and gets the ball to deck he's doing well. Blues look a bit iffy with the ball on the deck in their defensive 50 I reckon.

Butler, Gresham, Lonie and Billings could have a huge impact on the game.

Not sure I've seen King outlasted which is a great sign.

His off field issue there was that both his grandparents passed away in a short period of time apparently and he hadn’t done all the training required.
I think people tend to think the worst of him due to one stupid Snapchat video and one episode where he overslept.
Injuries he can’t help but it’s not like he’s often caught wandering outside in his jocks “disoriented” 🙄

Oh I agree and I'll back him to the hilt (I think that's the saying I'm looking for).

Here's to a top 5 year in the B&F and we lock him in for the rest of his career.

So your saying that wandering around in your jocks disoriented is a bad thing?

Oh s**t then I'm in trouble. I thought that was the way to attract the ladies!

Yeah OK - well Weitering must have been really crap early on then if 12 possessions and 4 marks a game is considered career best form from your CHB. Carlisle is AA if that's the case.

Jones - he's averaging 4 possessions a game the last 3 games. Nathan Brown was doing that in a canter last year and virtually everyone wanted him moved on because they reckon he wasn't attacking enough.
But when gears had 3 possessions he was great :p

Weitering is vastly improved so far this season and should be very much in our planning for tonight.

Feels like this is the kind of game we drop in recent times, but the Blues will give it a shake no doubt. They have some great talent, but the better “team” will win I think. A consistent effort like last week should get us over the line.

Someone please stand near Docherty.

Let’s all manipulate stats to fit our agenda.How about players aged 25 and under, Carlton 14 to St Kilda 15. Wow huge difference in teams age profile...
Why are you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back