Game Day Round 5, 2020: Carlton v St.Kilda *BUTLER & HOWARD 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's looking good isn't he, although you can't argue with Cameron, Papley or Wingard. All ahead of him in the goal kicking.

Ahh yes says the commentator looking at the goal kicking table - they lead by 1/2 goal a game - therefore must be much much much better players - probably right - especially if we disregard all of this.
1593659764407.png

Marshall didn't get votes because he was beaten by Nankervis

Casboult played quite well that game actually.

Don't forget Butler was best on for us with similar stats last week.

I'm more interested in watching the game rather than just looking at disposals.

How many kicks or handballs Weitering gets will have little impact on how many goals King kicks.
Yeah - I agree - Casboult did play well - in a crap game.

As for Weitering - can someone tell me what he does that's so spectacular - doesn't win a lot of possessions, doesn't mark it often, not spectacular DE, maybe he spoils well (c'mon down Butler, Kent and Lonie!!).

If he is currently in his career best form, that's not saying much given he's way behind our CHB from last year who can't even get a game in our defence this year.

Ahh yes says the commentator looking at the goal kicking table - they lead by 1/2 goal a game - therefore must be much much much better players - probably right - especially if we disregard all of this.
View attachment 904438
Who's he behind in the categories he's not first in?

As I mentioned, he's doing well. Doesn't mean others aren't as well. Not sure where I said anything about them being 'much much better'.

As for Weitering - can someone tell me what he does that's so spectacular - doesn't win a lot of possessions, doesn't mark it often, not spectacular DE, maybe he spoils well (c'mon down Butler, Kent and Lonie!!).

If he is currently in his career best form, that's not saying much given he's way behind our CHB from last year who can't even get a game in our defence this year.

Probably better off looking at stats that are related to a defender's main purpose.

This is the best assessment of Austin's situation.

He may get lucky because we already have too many to delist, but he's not yet shown enough to justify any more then a 1 year deal on minimum wage.

VFL watchers are split as to weather he offers anything, but because he seems to lack true KPD pedigree, he's in the B pool with Roberton and Claverino, both of whom would be a higher priority.
However, Robbo is nearing his twilight and on big money, whilst Claverino is yet to play a game and doesn't look like he'll get a shot this year.
Austin may yet get an opportunity if one of our front line KPD's goes down.
I think most here would like to see a couple of games before he gets the chop..

He's missed so much footy you don't get to see him.

Mate, you need to just start watching a bit of footy and stop comparing stats.

If that's what you are basing KPP's on then Battle also had a better year than Dylan Grimes last year.

Weitering's stats are almost identical to Grimes last year.

He's regularly beating his opponent (neither Lynch or McDonald kicked a goal on him in the first two weeks) and also having an impact offensively.

I think it was the last game we played against Carlton where Casboult just stood deep in the forward line and out-bodied Bruce and took plenty of grabs- they might try that trick on King who at the moment doesn't seem to have the strength to outmuscle big defenders one on one. We need smart movement into the forward half and not bomb it long.

Casboult is playing forward and scoring a lot. 8 goals which is the 6th highest total in the league.

Agree with this (besides the 7...could be at least 10, though I am not one of them so don't know exactly)...

I like reading opposition boards because we all look at our clubs from the inside and there are a lot of good commentators on these boards from other clubs that give an objective view of Carlton players which are quite interesting...often I only realise something about a Carlton player when an oppo supporter points it out...

For what its worth I think the odds on this game are about right...Carlton $2.20 outsiders...if we play like we did against Bombers we lose this one as you guys will make us pay a lot more than them on the rebound...I am hoping we will have a slight edge in the contested ball/contested mark/clearances stakes and from there, it will come down to whether we can finish plays or whether we turn them over and get burnt...

Would be really excited as a St Kilda supporter...Ratten coached a real exciting game plan for us as he is with you now, and I just had this excitement going to the footy circa 2009 - 2011 when we were sling shotting the ball into the forward line at pace for Garlett/Betts/Yarran to run onto...reckon you guys are in for a big year!

Cheers!
You have come to wring board if you want to learn anything about saints players.

Have a sneaking suspicion someone may get a "Rising Star" award nomination after tonights game.

I know its very rare for a FF but Liam Jones and Jacob Weitering aren't in spectacular form.

Saints by plenty!!!!

Carlton supporters think Weitering is AA form. He probably got 10 touches in a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enough to say he isn’t a back who can find a man. Is he going to be another we delist and don’t see his true worth?

He can get the ball, just shouldn't play defence. Perhaps a big bodied mid?

He can get the ball, just shouldn't play defence. Perhaps a big bodied mid?
Yes. Would be a very good c grade mid at Ormond. He is a kp back. His fault is he can’t play that position. He like many players will be delisted because they aren’t good enough not because they lack chances.

He is in AA form. If we are going to use possession stats for kp backs we are going To be disappointed. Carlisle was great last week. Had 9 possessions.

It was a joke, but I see I started a bit far back and it fell flat.

Carlton supporters think Weitering is AA form. He probably got 10 touches in a game.
Exactly Gringo - apparently in career best form with 11 possessions a game.

In reality he's a GOP+ defender that Carlton choose at Pick 1. At least our GOP+ defender (Wilkie) only cost us Pick 3 - in the rookie draft!!!

Yes. Would be a very good c grade mid at Ormond. He is a kp back. His fault is he can’t play that position. He like many players will be delisted because they aren’t good enough not because they lack chances.

He gets big possession counts. I would try him at Sandy as a mid. It might save his career. He's the same size and weight as Cripps.

Exactly Gringo - apparently in career best form with 11 possessions a game.

In reality he's a GOP+ defender that Carlton choose at Pick 1. At least our GOP+ defender (Wilkie) only cost us Pick 3 - in the rookie draft!!!
What about our gop forward. I wish he was as good as a gop as weitering. Unfortunately you love your stats to much and fail to actually watch games. By the way gringo said he was joking so picked the wrong person to back you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back