Roast Changes: R6 vs West Coast, 2020 - What the * are we doing?

Winner & Ins / Outs?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The comments of "can't play all kids we'd get belted by 100 points" we effectively are already most weeks with the shortened quarters.

In three of five games this year our opposition has had more than double the scoring shots. Brisbane tripled our scoring shots

We've been absolutely smashed with the sides we've fielded

Based on what? Our steadfast selection policy geared towards rebuilding? Still got Seedsman around the place looking for a spot now that his stoppage midfielder career is dead as well. Unless we've ruled a line through him. Can't be confident either way. Starting this week, some defenders are going to need to be played out of position.
Hamill's already there, and Sholl will play games

I really don't get the negativity on this board .....it really is a depressing place, in what is an exciting time

This is now 7 coaches .....7 coaches ......yes I'll say it again, 7 coaches ....that have felt Mackay deserves a game

So my 10 year battle is won ....I'm vindicated

But Mackay isn't going to be a regular .....the club is carefully rotating the clubs youth thru the team, whilst still maintaining "some" selection authenticity

We are seeing a lot of talent on show .......FFS get excited !
Seven decorated, highly successful coaches whose decisions have led our club to the position of strength it now finds itself in

To our supporter base yes. But let's say media morons started throwing around the T word. All they would look at is experience and age. Like it or not, Mackay helps with that. Regardless, you have to have some experience. Just saying X player won't be around for the next flag tilt so therefore shouldn't play doesn't stand up given it would rule out 90% of our seniors.

Nobody is going to accuse us of tanking. The only senior types not in the side are Gibbs and Knight. Gibbs was dropped 5 times last year when we were gunning for 8th. Knight has been fringe every week following the week after his 2016 elimination final performance. Playing someone purely because they have experience is the dumbest of all the excuses to play crap, injured or out of form players.

No you can't. The message is that training hard but not playing well is good enough. You think the players don't notice their peers not playing well but still getting games. It's a culture killer, and shock horror, guess what? Our culture is on the bin. Lots of contributory factors, guys like Mackay holding is spot based on training form and denying opportunity to others is one of them. So is showing such little faith in players that you'd rather play guys playing like sh*t because they're injured even though fellow players are continually putting up their hand on the track and in the 2s.

But yeh, yoyre right, none of the players know Dmac is a 31 year old spud getting a game despite that.
The clubs not playing Gibbs .....they didn't re-contract a handful of aging players who are performing at other clubs

The club finally dropped M.Crouch .....I mean mate, the club is doing a good job, just because their selected team doesn't match yours ...is no reason to question the bigger picture of what is happening

Seven decorated, highly successful coaches whose decisions have led our club to the position of strength it now finds itself in

Yep gotta rate the decision making of coaches that... *checks notes* ... sent players on a camp run by pseudoscientists, while providing highly personal information to be used against them

No you can't. The message is that training hard but not playing well is good enough. You think the players don't notice their peers not playing well but still getting games. It's a culture killer, and shock horror, guess what? Our culture is in the bin. Lots of contributory factors, guys like Mackay holding his spot based on training form and denying opportunity to others is one of them. So is showing such little faith in players that you'd rather play guys playing like sh*t because they're injured even though fellow players are continually putting up their hand on the track and in the 2s.

But yeh, you're right, none of the players know Dmac is a 31 year old spud getting a game despite that.
I think you're underestimating their intelligence. Even if they're footballers.

Consistently played finals and made a Grand Final in those years didn't we???? We are in this position now because the list turnover was stuffed up due to the camp which didn't allow us to properly transition.

Not all 7 coaches collaborated on the camp ........this club has had more success over successive seasons than many many clubs

There's only a couple that have been classified as elite ......even West Coast & Collingwood supporters would argue their journey has been less successful than ours

1594351301960.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't get the negativity on this board .....it really is a depressing place, in what is an exciting time

This is now 7 coaches .....7 coaches ......yes I'll say it again, 7 coaches ....that have felt Mackay deserves a game

So my 10 year battle is won ....I'm vindicated

But Mackay isn't going to be a regular .....the club is carefully rotating the clubs youth thru the team, whilst still maintaining "some" selection authenticity

We are seeing a lot of talent on show .......FFS get excited !

7 coaches all with 2 things in common. Firstly, all employed by a very ordinary football club. Secondly, all (bar 1) proven failures that never coached at the same level ever again. Most never got an AFL level coaching level job after leaving our bosom. Sando the only exception and Walsh we never found out. That comment only has value if you assume that any of the coaches were decent. Neil was right to play him, he was a good player back then, worth his spot. It's probably only really the last 140 or so games that haven't been deserved.

Not all 7 coaches collaborated on the camp ........this club has had more success over successive seasons than many many clubs

There's only a couple that have been classified as elite ......even West Coast & Collingwood supporters would argue their journey has been less successful than ours

View attachment 909509
wat

7 coaches all with 2 things in common. Firstly, all employed by a very ordinary football club. Secondly, all (bar 1) proven failures that never coached at the same level ever again. Most never got an AFL level coaching level job after leaving our bosom. Sando the only exception and Walsh we never found out. That comment only has value if you assume that any of the coaches were decent. Neil was right to play him, he was a good player back then, worth his spot. It's probably only really the last 140 or so games that haven't been deserved.
This is factually incorrect .....your view in hindsight ....not at their appointment or during their tenure

It's easy to dump on coaches in hindsight ......we're all geniuses looking in the rear view mirror

I reckon Smith goes forward. It worked a treat last season...

Mackay wing, McAsey forward which still leaves one too many defenders:

Back 7: (from) Talia, Hartigan, Doedee, Kelly, Brown, Laird, Hamill, McPherson. One of these guys is playing midfield or forward.

Or we rotate 2 off the bench, they have as much work to do as our mids. Forwards can rest on the ground.

which man was I playing with that post? It was a crack at our club footy philodophies and insular nature regarding criticism and the 4 walls.
You had a crack at DMac the person rather than the selection itself. No need for it

Or we rotate 2 off the bench, they have as much work to do as our mids. Forwards can rest on the ground.
I wonder if playing Laird forward will be the seachange which resets his mechanism??

I reckon Smith goes forward. It worked a treat last season...

Mackay wing, McAsey forward which still leaves one too many defenders:

Back 7: (from) Talia, Hartigan, Doedee, Kelly, Brown, Laird, Hamill, McPherson. One of these guys is playing midfield or forward.
I'd say, with a bit of hope, that Hamill plays midfield. Or Laird launches his surface to air missiles from further up the park.

Back