List Mgmt. 2020 Trade/FA TARGETS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade hypotheticals and discussion of how you think or want a trade to happen go here - 2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread.

If you want to talk about a current Hawthorn player and if they’re staying on the list, it goes here - Should I stay or should I go now? End of season list management discussion (now continued for 2020)

Trade/FA targets thread is for discussion of News about players we are to target via trade of FA. It’s not for “Kane Cornes says we should get this player”.

Puopolo is going to retire, Minchington is injury prone and Moore is not a small forward. GW is going to have to start the search for small forwards in this years draft and also the trade period. It’s one of the biggest deficiencies on the list right now.

Jeez give me this any day of the week. Been an amazing player. Still looking solid this year.

Attachments

• 34558A82-B548-43E5-8C72-F035119AE517.png
    34558A82-B548-43E5-8C72-F035119AE517.png
    903.2 KB · Views: 280
Puopolo is going to retire, Minchington is injury prone and Moore is not a small forward. GW is going to have to start the search for small forwards in this years draft and also the trade period. It’s one of the biggest deficiencies on the list right now.

the good thing about drafting small forwards is if they turn out to be really good, you’ve got yourself an elite midfielder in a few years time.

If we're going to pillage the Crows, let's talk to Chayce Jones.
Mid / Fwd. Currently struggling with 2nd year blues in a crap team with no culture.
Was a top 10 draft pick. Worth a look.

Laird was an awesome one on one defender aswell, he would instantly be our best small defender. He’s not worth our first pick, but hes worth more than our second, so something else would need to be worked out

Of course they'd want more. Adelaide's counter offer to us would be "you paid much more than a second rounder for Wingard who WAS also AA so pay up".

Sure they're looking to rebuild but it's not an everything must go clearance sale.

through recent history, crows seem to be decent to trade with, compared to port. The clubs that seem to be the hardest to deal with has been Port, Gold Coast and Scum. Adelaide seems about fait and realistic in what they ask for in return.

I have said this before and I’ll say it again, I have never understood the Laird hype. He is the definition of a crab and with the amount of skillful and talented small/medium defenders we have I would be disgusted if we gave up anything more than a 4th round pick for him.

Overrated and a bad list fit. No thanks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have said this before and I’ll say it again, I have never understood the Laird hype. He is the definition of a crab and with the amount of skillful and talented small/medium defenders we have I would be disgusted if we gave up anything more than a 4th round pick for him.

Overrated and a bad list fit. No thanks!
While I think that is harsh I don’t disagree with the fit. Just doesn’t fit a need and the Crows aren’t shipping off one of few good players without being well compensated.

Really doesn’t fit a need? We’ve had trouble with small forwards all year. As much as we hang s**t on Stratton, he’s done all the big jobs over the years, when he’s done we will literally have hardwick as our only small defender. I like hardwick as a player but I’ve seen a few small forwards get a hold of him over the years.

Not keen on a 26 (to be 27 next next season) Laird unless he’s an FA or a 4th round pick.

We desperately need to hit the draft and reinvigorate our list, trading for another senior player doesn’t help with that.
Well it depends on the cost, I agree with hitting the Draft. But it doesn’t have to just be one or the other which a lot of people are getting caught up in.

So I am totally okay with using Norths 2nd as trade bait if it gets in quality players however I want to take our first to the draft. Unless someone big is on offer.

Zac Williams would be a great get. Can play on the ball and off half back. Would also allow impey to play up forward a bit more, which can also release wingard to play more in the midfield like last year.
Need to have a crack at papley, we are dying for more pressure in the forward line. If the hawks miss out on him then they need to target some young natural pressure forwards.
Cedric cox has great skills and isn't getting a game he would also be a cheap option to play off half back and add a bit of pace.

Really doesn’t fit a need? We’ve had trouble with small forwards all year. As much as we hang sh*t on Stratton, he’s done all the big jobs over the years, when he’s done we will literally have hardwick as our only small defender. I like hardwick as a player but I’ve seen a few small forwards get a hold of him over the years.
Sam Frost plays a lot smaller than people have realised just yet, and has been outstanding covering for Stratton before the Carlton game. Also Laird isn't really a defending defender either, so it's not like he'd be doing that job.

Not keen on a 26 (to be 27 next next season) Laird unless he’s an FA or a 4th round pick.

We desperately need to hit the draft and reinvigorate our list, trading for another senior player doesn’t help with that.
Laird is a free agent next year. Which makes much more sense for both Adelaide and Laird to be honest. Bank first round compo in a better draft (purely because the under 18s will be playing.. Probably)

Zac Williams would be a great get. Can play on the ball and off half back. Would also allow impey to play up forward a bit more, which can also release wingard to play more in the midfield like last year.
Need to have a crack at papley, we are dying for more pressure in the forward line. If the hawks miss out on him then they need to target some young natural pressure forwards.
Cedric cox has great skills and isn't getting a game he would also be a cheap option to play off half back and add a bit of pace.

If lists are cut there's a good chance we pick up Cox as a DFA if we're interested. I think his skills are better suited as a small forward especially for our list. Reminds me of Impey and that was a great acquisition. He's just stuck behind really strong small forward and running defender stocks as Brisbane.

Really doesn’t fit a need? We’ve had trouble with small forwards all year. As much as we hang sh*t on Stratton, he’s done all the big jobs over the years, when he’s done we will literally have hardwick as our only small defender. I like hardwick as a player but I’ve seen a few small forwards get a hold of him over the years.
CJ and pepper both have potential to fill the spot. Both have the athletic tools and intent - but just need time and experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back