Game Day AFL Round 11 - Matchday Discussion Collingwood@Adelaide(Adelaide Oval- 6:35PM EST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been impressed the Cameron's second half.

Has hit up at the footy and his body work has also been more than reasonable. Granted the opponent has been poor late but hopefully it’s a confidence booster for him. Let’s face it, we know he won’t be Tony Lockett but hopefully he can provide a contest and straighten us up.

Adams huge even despite his kicking errors while Crisp and Maynard ended up giving us good bounce when it mattered.

Also credit to Wills this last two mins. He cops a tough time of it due to his limitations but his tackle to win a free kick, then tackle and smother in the dying stages showed good intent.

A bloody valuable victory with backs to the wall

Last edited:
Apart from the win, best thing out of tonight was another game into Cameron, slowly improving. He might just make it. We need another big boy

If he's a starter in 2021 I'll give it away.

I'd take Cal over Phillips and Thomas any day of the week and twice on Sundays. He would do Wills job much better than Wills is doing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wills first instinct is to look back.

To be fair, with his back to goal or stationary it’s usually a safe option. I’d much prefer that where we should have cavalry than him try to take it on or kick under pressure. Improving the kick to handball ratio is unlikely to happen at this stage so personally I’d prefer we maintain possession (hopefully under limited pressure)

Crisp is wasted in defense. Keep him as a mid.

I actually disagree. Our game is built around speed of ball movement and rebound from the back half. Him and Maynard in tandem alongside Moore are the core of our drive. Hopefully with Pendles back with Adams and Sidebottom in the clinches we can win enough of the ball in the stoppages. I also think we somehow need to reinvent the outside run. Phillips and Mayne not cutting it. Daicos adds much needed polish

Clarko? The legendary 4 time premiership coach? The guy who won a premiership after losing his key forward? Who 2 years ago took the oldest team in the league to the top 4? Who hasn't seen a top 10 pick in the last 12 years?

He's going fine.
Lol im obviously not talking about his past, and clearly know hes a legendary coach. My point is when the talent falls away whether it be through injury or personnel its hard to win regardless of the coach and/or strategy The hawks are 15th currently mate so he is hardly flying atm. I would also say Bucks did okay in the past 2 years considering injuries and all the other crap that pops up with this club. We are in the 8 now, with half the team out off short breaks. Its not enjoyable to watch but we are banking wins in a hope more of our top liners can get back.

Take it anytime.

Grabbing a win with;
Cameron, Broomhead, Dunn, Wills, Magden, Ruscoe, Varcoe, Thomas..

and swap with;
Pendlebury, DeGoey, Moore, Treloar, Howe, Elliott, HoskinElliott, Quaynor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back